Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

It made money.

Yes, but doesn't the event always make money? I mean if that's the case then I guess we can go ahead and make the assumption that next year's HHN will be entirely based on TWD? We're already half-way there.

Ok, I didn't wanna do it but looks like I don't have a choice. Time to put the boards back on suicide watch, took long enough lol. And this is without ONE set piece put on the ground yet, and it's still July. I am genuinly concerned this year :-p As for me, im freaggin EXCITED and hope to see the governors torcher chamber first hand. Relax folks, it's not the end of the world.

• Like 2

I speculate that with the official announcment of the inclusion of TWD at this years event, people will start to complain.

Wait, that's not a speculation, it happened with the initial announcement of CITW and Evil Dead. (And I admit initially I wasn't thrilled with those choices, but sometimes campy can wind up being fun and scary....we shall see.)

Very interested to see what is in store this year regardless....

• Like 4

I think the trouble with speculation is you're always gutted when they don't go with the idea you came up with and totally had your heart set on.

I for one was hella excited for a overarching woodland theme with various zones representing the nasty things you'd find in the forest

....more fool me.

I think in future I wont let my imagination get the better of me... take a leaf out of universal's book

• Like 1

Look dont let naysayers ruin your expectations. The event will blow your mind. Trust me. You'll love it and become addicted like everyone else. Not that people here dont have a reason to bitch. I believe a lot do. Is this gonna be like HHN 18 (or insert your fav year here)? Probably not. But it will be huge in scale and awesome houses and you will shit yourself with excitement. The 3 IP's so far are all awesome.

Trust me... even a bad day at HHN is better than a good day at 99% of most events. Dont go in nit-picking everything. Just go and enjoy yourself! Life is good at HHN!

why are people freaking out?

Because we already had a house and a zone and they both sucked. I mean, yes what I am saying is obvious, but it should be obvious why people are unhappy with this.

The zone was nothing special and at night it got so crowded you couldn't tell the guests from the actors. The zombie costumes were nothing special and the actors couldn't even be scary. They couldn't even act aggresively. (both in the house and the street)

that's why people are mad. Because the first experiece we had with Walking Dead was not a great one. Can this year be better? sure, it can. But making every single street zone Walking Dead related is going to suck even if they do a good job with the sets.

The worst thing about this is that Universal Didn't have the main characters of the show for Walking Dead. What is the point of seeing sets from scenes of the show or using the same props from the show when the Most Important aspect of the show is missing?

This "Street Experience" idea would be good if they had the main characters as well. Imagine seeing Rick or Michonne or Hershel in one of the scarezones? that would be amazing. Imagine seeing Rick in the house or Daryl. that would be cool.

we don't know anything about this year, but from experience I am expecting it to suck. AMC is in charge of Walking Dead and it was because of AMC that the house and the streets sucked so much last year. so even if this year is cool, AMC might mess it up again.

• Like 2

Only some are freaking out, not the majority as you would like to point out.

I take it you haven't been to facebook yet?

Also, another problem is that a lot of people are happy because they love the show. But not because it will be a good street experience. hardcore fans of the show will defend this no matter what, (which is what I am seeing on facebook)

i mean, Honestly, how can an entire park full of zombies be any good? every zone zombies? how does that sound good?

Edited by LV-426

lol. I mean, if you are a walking dead fan by all means be happy. But having every single horde and scarezone be zombies sounds a little boring to me. It doesn't even have to be zombies. Vampires, beasts, chainsaws. If they made every single zone the same it would just be boring I think.
what's the difference between going from one zone to the other if all you are going to see is zombies in really crappy masks just walking around?

what was the feedback of last year's WD house and street zone like?

From what I remember, high.

As for myself, I'm pretty damn excited about this year. That's coming from someone who likes TWD but isn't a fanboy or GP. I'm excited an event that I love is coming back for it's yearly visit. For all of those people that have been whining and complaining, just chill. Don't just judge a book by a cover, that's foolish. At least go to the event once. When you do, I'm sure alot of people, including myself would be a lot more welcoming about your opinion about this year.

• Like 4

My parents live in Vero Beach. My mom just called and said the local news was at Uni talking to someone about HHN. Then my mom says "Are you excited about the American Werewolf in London stuff"? I guess either the news anchor or the Uni rep specifically mentioned it. I think someone might have slipped up. Maybe. No clue what station or anything. I'll look around and see if it gets posted to a stations website. I'll call my mom later and she if she remembers what station.... She's at Zumba class now! LOL!

• Like 3

Its a little premature and I can't disclose or verify anything I've heard... But just to smooth some ruffles there should be more than just TWD. So there is still hope. TWD will be dominant. BUT we will get some other things.

• Like 3

My parents live in Vero Beach. My mom just called and said the local news was at Uni talking to someone about HHN. Then my mom says "Are you excited about the American Werewolf in London stuff"? I guess either the news anchor or the Uni rep specifically mentioned it. I think someone might have slipped up. Maybe. No clue what station or anything. I'll look around and see if it gets posted to a stations website. I'll call my mom later and she if she remembers what station.... She's at Zumba class now! LOL!

wow that's pretty interesting. it would be funny if they slipped up

There were masks and costumes last year that resembled specific zombies in the show (like Jawless and the Sheriff's Deputy) but only two roles based off of named walkers: the Well Walker and Bicycle Girl. The problem with doing actual characters from the show, specifically in the streets, is that they would have to be considered speaking roles (at least I would think that they'd have to be). Zombies who can't stalk and scare-actors who aren't supposed to directly talk with/to guests... it's going to be an interesting year.

Its a little premature and I can't disclose or verify anything I've heard... But just to smooth some ruffles there should be more than just TWD. So there is still hope. TWD will be dominant. BUT we will get some other things.

But they won't stick out as random and out of place all... :lol:

• Like 1

Better than nothing.

Still, a majority WD experience is so lazy.

• Like 1

I completely agree like everyone is upset right now over it but it could turn out to be pretty amazing I think we should hold out a little more faith in what universal has planned hahaha.

But people said that universal didn't plan this and had to throw it all together. Walking into a cloud of fog expecting the unexpected is one of my favorite parts.