Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

It was Something Else that got scrapped a few weeks ago... IDK exactly what is was. TWD is replacing it. I hear that TWD will be in New York, Hollywood Blvd. and Central Park.

So there will be other sorts of streets in what other areas that are left. Like San Francisco for example.

I am just glad that I made this video before the reveal, otherwise it would have just been me ranting.

• Like 3

I have a feeling this will be scenes from the show acting as "scarezones" with little areas for survivors and walkers, then have roving bands of walkers that come through the zone like an attack. It would make sense, and could be pretty cool, if done well, but that's a big assumption to make after last years TWD, in my opinion. Hopefully there will be some other scares to be had outside the houses.

I've never been to HHN, but I finally get to go this year. I've hyped myself up a lot for it, but was hoping for some varied street experiences. Hopefully they manage to have enough walkers spread around the park, so it actually seems like a hoard. And besides the startle-scare tactics, what else can the zombies do?

Look dont let naysayers ruin your expectations. The event will blow your mind. Trust me. You'll love it and become addicted like everyone else. Not that people here dont have a reason to bitch. I believe a lot do. Is this gonna be like HHN 18 (or insert your fav year here)? Probably not. But it will be huge in scale and awesome houses and you will shit yourself with excitement. The 3 IP's so far are all awesome.

Trust me... even a bad day at HHN is better than a good day at 99% of most events. Dont go in nit-picking everything. Just go and enjoy yourself! Life is good at HHN!

• Like 9

The problem I'm having with the event as it's been announced so far is that, essentially, if zombies aren't your cup of tea, you're out of luck. That imaginative spark and diversity that has made Horror Nights so special to me is slowly disappearing. The Walking Dead has always been about the relationships between the characters and their personal struggles, which made it translate so poorly last year in my opinion. When you strip away the drama, it's just a bland zombie faux-horror.

Here's hoping they pull something interesting out of the bag for the other four or five houses, rather than more film or television IPs.....

The problem I'm having with the event as it's been announced so far is that, essentially, if zombies aren't your cup of tea, you're out of luck. That imaginative spark and diversity that has made Horror Nights so special to me is slowly disappearing. The Walking Dead has always been about the relationships between the characters and their personal struggles, which made it translate so poorly last year in my opinion. When you strip away the drama, it's just a bland zombie faux-horror.

Here's hoping they pull something interesting out of the bag for the other four or five houses, rather than more film or television IPs.....

What is the probability do you think we will have of seeing Walking dead characters or something similar throughout the park and in the house this year? Last year we got nothing but like the Well zombie.

I knew about sets. And i guess I couldn't imagine they would be sooo.. uncreative and sell out. So I was fairly shocked to hear all the things I heard were just rehashing TWD. No wonder all streets are simply ice cream names. BUT we do have set... themed... street experiences. That I guess is good even if the subject is lame and homoginized. The houses have not changed... and I still like the house lineup. Yeah the games have pretty much fallen flat but.. Will I miss and event I have been going to since the first one for a weak street year. nah. Am I dissapointed... Heck yes. But I will try try try to remain optimistic. My biggest concern here is will the characters from the show show up this year? TWd is about the people not the zombies who, logically, shouldn't even be in the show anymore.

• Like 2

I knew about sets. And i guess I couldn't imagine they would be sooo.. uncreative and sell out. So I was fairly shocked to hear all the things I heard were just rehashing TWD. No wonder all streets are simply ice cream names. BUT we do have set... themed... street experiences. That I guess is good even if the subject is lame and homoginized. The houses have not changed... and I still like the house lineup. Yeah the games have pretty much fallen flat but.. Will I miss and event I have been going to since the first one for a weak street year. nah. Am I dissapointed... Heck yes. But I will try try try to remain optimistic. My biggest concern here is will the characters from the show show up this year? TWd is about the people not the zombies who, logically, shouldn't even be in the show anymore.

I'm feeling the same way. I'm starting to re-think my travel choices. We may skip that third trip for Halloween unless something amazing happens, or the games are beyond awesome or whatever. Why in holy hell would I spend that much money to regurgitate the friggin Walking Dead that many times? I'm so pissed, I can barely see straight. Again, I LIKE TWD, but not for every goddam scarezone. Is this an exercise in immersion therapy? Oh, another zombie.. who gives a shit?

• Like 1

According to @InsideTheMagic walking dead will not be the only street experience at @UORHHN but will be the main one

Well... considering the following is from the official press release:

"Universal Orlando is also dedicating its entire “Halloween Horror Nights” street experience to “The Walking Dead” – making this the first time ever that all of the scare zones throughout the park will be themed after a hit television series."

I may have to disagree...

Uhhhggggg.... I feel so mixed about this. I'm really disappointed in the streets so far,but who knows, they could be amazing. I am though, excited to see what they do with the house. So far I'm very excited for this year.

I completely agree like everyone is upset right now over it but it could turn out to be pretty amazing I think we should hold out a little more faith in what universal has planned hahaha.

I will start bitching after:

1) I go to HHN23

2) It sucks.

3) I can get to a computer.

Until then Im excited for another year of HHN goodness... plus I get a week in FL with my parents and nephews, I get to take my daughter to Disney for the first time, my wife gets to go shopping and spend all my monies, etc! LOL

• Like 4

Still have to agree with Inside the Magics post regarding TWD being a main scarezone theme. Until the full reveal, I'll still believe there may be add least 1 other different scarezone.

Unless their official Facebook press team is severely misinformed, that isn't going to happen. It directly states that The Walking Dead is taking over the entire street theming on the post they made earlier this morning.

Edited by jasonslfl

Wow, lots of complaining before a single set piece even appears in the park, let alone the gates actually open..

I for one can't wait to see the tank, Herschel's barn, highway of cars, etc. out in the park. Sign me up as the one guy who will enjoy this.

Also, in response to the "lack of originality/icon/backstory/creative team doesnt care about the fans" stuff that is on here occasionally and on Facebook alot right now: Everyone hated Lady Luck and many hated Fear. Maybe creative does listen to you, heard the backlash of these two icons/backstorys, and figured "why bother?".

Edited by Coast
  • Like 2

The plans I've heard is that zones will exists and recreate scenes from the show. So, expect something like the tank in New York, that sort of thing.

And I've also heard that Chainsaws WILL return, but will be "Survivors."

Chainsaws were the "survivors" for our Terror Tram last year and it was very effective. I got a few really great scares from them. They even ganged up on me as a hoarde and caused me to run for the first time ever at a Halloween event.

But HHNH's Terror Tram is much more contained than a general street experience, so what proved to be quite successful here may be a complete failure in Orlando.

It seems like your TWD maze was worse than ours last year, but ours was still pretty bad. I think it was due to overkill at our event as TWD was spread over two major attractions instead of focusing all of the creative effort into one killer house or attraction.

I have hopes that HHNH will up their game this year, and I'm very excited to see HHNO's on October 3!

I just hope that ED and TWD are the only two experiences that both coasts are sharing, or else HHN will be repetitive for me this year. LOL

I really don't understand how they could turn an underwhelming house from last year into a sequel house and THE street experience for this year. I live 30 miles from where this show is filmed and if I want to see the trees and fields that were in an episode, I'll go see them. If I wanted to see a specific scene of TWD, I'll pull out a Bluray or wait until AMC inevitably shows a Walking Dead marathon. To each their own but this is just trash on Universal's part. I HATE that I've waited and planned all year for this.