Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

La Llorona seems a bit obvious...maybe too obvious though. But maybe not?

1. Obviously there's a Spanish connection.
2. The video is in the dark, and La Llorona hunts at night
3. Once you hear her voice break the silence, it's over.

---

Something to do with Silence of the Lambs?

---

There's Club Silencio from Mulholland Drive. Which is a real nightclub now in Paris. The beautiful facade from Alice Cooper GTH was inspired by a Paris nightclub. Or it could be another club based maze. Or just something to do with vampires?

Then again, the sign near Club Silencio says "HOLLYWOOD IS HELL."

The Alice Cooper connection seems to be there. But there's also the TWD connection. Jimmy has already used the Dawn of the Dead=room in Hell=zombies connection for TWD, so that could be a joke that since Hell (Hollywood) is full some of the zombies are coming to Orlando?

Again...Mulholland Drive-Cowboy-TWD.

A lot of these hints are leading to David Lynch...

Edited by ferox
  • Like 1

There's Club Silencio from Mulholland Drive. Which is a real nightclub now in Paris. The beautiful facade from Alice Cooper GTH was inspired by a Paris nightclub. Or it could be another club based maze. Or just something to do with vampires?

Again...Mulholland Drive-Cowboy-TWD.

A lot of these hints are leading to David Lynch...

Yes, I agree, that is why I guessed something to do with the works of David Lynch for this specific clue (Club Silencio in Mulholland Dr. and like you said, the real nightclub in Paris which Lynch designed). There is a lot here that ties back to him, Eraser being another with Eraserhead.

You know, Dr. Jimmy, I have to wonder what you're up to. Going back and reviewing all your cryptic comment videos, you've put some other very interesting clues in them. But what do they mean? Hmmmm.... What do they mean... Here's the breakdown of what I've picked up on, and my guesses.

1) Balloons - Nothing discernable on your shirt in the first video, but the first guesses video showed Doctor Who, and the second Captain America. You also mentioned HHN dubloons in IoA, which I believe someone else found.

2) Kevin - Nothing discernable in the announcement video, but the first guesses video saw you wearing a zombie shirt from last year, and the second guesses video appears to have you wearing a shirt featuring HP Lovecraft.

3) Surname - First video had Guinness on the shirt, and the guesses video had you reading a magazine with two visible items printed on it: "Ridiculously Reliable" on one side, and an ad for "Lost Wizard" on the other. You mention reading an article about Tesla, but say it's not related. Your t-shirt had a wolf or werewolf on it.
4) Eraser - The announcement video was shot in the dark, with spotlight in upper left. The shirt you're wearing is for the Blair Witch Project, and the shirt in your guesses video says Prague.
5) Christine - Your shirt in the announcement video says "Kennedy for President," and you spend some time talking about nazi zombies and Hitler's death. The guesses video shows you fairly clearly presenting us your t-shirt that reads "The Devil is Real," with the rubber man from AHS Season One. With a quick web search, that is indeed an official AHS shirt, with the quote from a character named Leah.
6) Silencio - The announcement video was shot in the dark, and nothing visible on your shirt.
Given all that, I'm revising my guesses for the older clues, given below:
1)TBD
2) Lovecraft/Re-animator. Zombies and Lovecraft go together, and the audible version of the story is narrated by Kevin Yancy. This one feels a bit shaky, but it is a connection of all the elements I've picked up on.
3) American Werewolf in London. Guinness refers to the pub in the beginning, and the werewolf is fairly explanatory. Also, Rick Baker was presented with a Tesla award by John Landis in 2008 at the 13th annual Satellite Awards.
4)TBD
5) American Horror Story. Besides the shirt, the actress Christine Estabrook was on the first season. Additionally, the second season takes place in 1964, which is the year after President Kennedy was assassinated.
6) El Chupacabra. Until we get the guesses video and additional clues, I'm still going with my Chupacabra guess, given what I wrote in the HU Facebook group.
Not sure about comments 1 and 4 yet, but I'll figure them out yet...

hahahahahahahaha

to throw some fuel on your fire i will show you what t shirts i was wearing for cryptic comments 1 Balloons, 2 Kevin and 6 Silencio.

this was the shirt on April 2nd:

tumblr_mkp10jJs8O1qmxq3to1_500.jpg

this was shirt on April 9th:

tumblr_ml20yw30EK1qmxq3to1_500.jpg

and in today's video i am wearing the HHN 18 shirt with this image on it:

muUuWdDMJHjnqMNtl_8NbsQ.jpg

Oh for the days when the permits looked like this:

The Permit site has changed a bit.I can't find the last couple years of permits... and can't seem to search by parcel anymore. I'll have to keep diggin to see if there is a way... lame.

Edit: NVM figured out parcel search.

You must explain to me!

I can't get current permits when I parcel search.

Last I checked, they were on BLD permits in the 2013-03325 range. I've just been typing in permit numbers. No, I didn't go through all 3000, but I was tempted.

Heh, for whatever reason, Shakespeare just popped in my head. I am an educator after all and this sometimes happens. Silencio reminded me that Hamlet's last words as he dies are "the rest is silence." I could try to tie this back to HHN by saying that Hamlet has been haunted by the ghost of his father throughout the play and that he will now become a ghost himself, soooo ghost house? Heh I doubt that, I am just having a bit of fun. Besides, it isn't often one gets to mention Shakespeare on a forum discussing HHN.

I believe that this cryptic comment has to do with the Nosferatu, since that was a Foreign silent film. Even though its German, like Spanish it's foreign. Also I think its because he's a classic monster and I'm still believing in the 100 years of horror concept.

Yeah...especially trying to connect it to a dud like Dead Silence.

Also, the nightclub line of logic could be something inspired by Hostel. I don't think a licensed Hostel maze would make sense, but something inspired by it could. In the vein of RUN: Hostile Territory.

Guess some think others can't have a opinion. If we knew what was coming to HHN 23 we wouldn't need this site or others like it. It's called guessing cause that's what we're doing. And people's opinion on a house my not be the same as yours guess that makes my opinion on Dead Silence a "dud" :(

• Like 1

After I saw the video with Dr. Jimmy's latest cryptic comment, I did some research: Silencio, is a group of musicians out of Pittsburgh, PA dedicated to the mystery and dark intrigue surrounding the cooperative works of David Lynch and Angelo Badalamenti. Both of those people worked on "Mulholland Drive." My guess is that we may get something "inspired" by that film.

After I saw the video with Dr. Jimmy's latest cryptic comment, I did some research: Silencio, is a group of musicians out of Pittsburgh, PA dedicated to the mystery and dark intrigue surrounding the cooperative works of David Lynch and Angelo Badalamenti. Both of those people worked on "Mulholland Drive." My guess is that we may get something "inspired" by that film.

The band Silencio was named after the nightclub in Mulholland Drive. Something that may be relevant is the "Hollywood is Hell" sign nearby Silencio. Also, the location.

Oh, hey. It's in Paris. American Werewolf in Paris/London.

Reflecting on the new cryptic comment video "Silencio", I can't come to any other conclusions that haven't been said, but that is not important. I was more focused toward the ending of the video rather then Simencio. To quote the Dr. "A word once spoken by a little black sheep, yah". I researched into this and I stumbled upon this... http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gentleman_ranker

I greatly desire for another war themed house now because of ifrits believed to be war hinted clue. I was attracted to that web search right away! "A Gentleman ranker is an enlisted soldier who may have been a former officer or a gentleman qualified through education and background to be a commissioned officer. " This is the aspect that ties the ifrit clue to Dr. Jimmy's comment about the sheep.

A poem is written about the Gentleman ranker saying

"We're poor little lambs who've lost our way,

Baa! Baa! Baa!

We're little black sheep who've gone astray,

Baaaaaa!

Gentlemen-rankers out on the spree,

Damned from here to Eternity,

God ha' mercy on such as we,

Baa! Yah! Bah!"

It's called a cryptic comment video right? not a cryptic word video so the comment might not just be Silencio :)

Edited by Ande

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudyard_Kipling

Or maybe it's something deeper. Having it that easily connected to war would be a bit obvious. Or not. Either way, here's the entire poem.

• To the legion of the lost ones, to the cohort of the damned,
  • To my brethren in their sorrow overseas,
  • Sings a gentleman of England cleanly bred, machinely crammed,
  • And a trooper of the Empress, if you please.
  • Yea, a trooper of the forces who has run his own six horses,
  • And faith he went the pace and went it blind,
  • And the world was more than kin while he held the ready tin,
  • But to-day the Sergeant's something less than kind.
    • We're poor little lambs who've lost our way,
    • Baa! Baa! Baa!
    • We're little black sheep who've gone astray,
    • Baa—aa—aa!
    • Gentlemen-rankers out on the spree,
    • Damned from here to Eternity,
    • God ha' mercy on such as we,
    • Baa! Yah! Bah!
  • Oh, it's sweet to sweat through stables, sweet to empty kitchen slops,
  • And it's sweet to hear the tales the troopers tell,
  • To dance with blowzy housemaids at the regimental hops
  • And thrash the cad who says you waltz too well.
  • Yes, it makes you cock-a-hoop to be "Rider" to your troop,
  • And branded with a blasted worsted spur,
  • When you envy, O how keenly, one poor Tommy being cleanly
  • Who blacks your boots and sometimes calls you "Sir".
  • If the home we never write to, and the oaths we never keep,
  • And all we know most distant and most dear,
  • Across the snoring barrack-room return to break our sleep,
  • Can you blame us if we soak ourselves in beer?
  • When the drunken comrade mutters and the great guard-lantern gutters
  • And the horror of our fall is written plain,
  • Every secret, self-revealing on the aching white-washed ceiling,
  • Do you wonder that we drug ourselves from pain?
  • We have done with Hope and Honour, we are lost to Love and Truth,
  • We are dropping down the ladder rung by rung,
  • And the measure of our torment is the measure of our youth.
  • God help us, for we knew the worst too young!
  • Our shame is clean repentance for the crime that brought the sentence,
  • Our pride it is to know no spur of pride,
  • And the Curse of Reuben holds us till an alien turf enfolds us
  • And we die, and none can tell Them where we died.
    • We're poor little lambs who've lost our way,
    • Baa! Baa! Baa!
    • We're little black sheep who've gone astray,
    • Baa—aa—aa!
    • Gentlemen-rankers out on the spree,
    • Damned from here to Eternity,
    • God ha' mercy on such as we,
    • Baa! Yah! Bah!

A lot more going on in that poem aside from "war." The stuff about "The Damned" and "Alien Turf" stand out to me.

Edited by ferox

The band Silencio was named after the nightclub in Mulholland Drive. Something that may be relevant is the "Hollywood is Hell" sign nearby Silencio. Also, the location.

Oh, hey. It's in Paris. American Werewolf in Paris/London.

I like that movie.

i think we re looking more torwards a urban legend house, chubacabra (scrapped from last year) , la llornoa, and other spanish legends and myths.....idk maybe im giving to much credit to the guy who posted a comment listing all 8 houses and im making each comment work torwards those 8 houses rather than move onto different ones

and i also give a lot of meaning and depth to twhat the good dr wears in his t shirts and also in the begininng of this video he says "silence children" and with the clue being "silencio" i iimediatly thought la llornoa

I gave three guesses tying La Llorona to the Good Doctor's clue.

1 Silencio = Lake Silencio from Doctor Who. A lake is a body of water.

Doctor Who has Weeping Angels.

Silencio is a Spanish word.

Body of water + Weeping + Spanish word = La Llorona.

2 Silencio = The incident at Lake Silencio and The Silence from Doctor Who.

The story arc of The Silence and Lake Silencio ends in the episode The Wedding of River Song. This episodes deals with fixed points in time. The idea of fixed points in times was first mentioned in the 1964 Doctor Who serial The Aztecs. The Aztec goddess Cihuacoatl is linked to La Llorona.

3 This one was due to the Good Doctor prodding me to find a blue box and a river song not linked to Doctor Who.

Mulholland Drive - Rebekah Del Rio sings as herself in Club Silencio in the Movie.

Silencio = Club Silencio

Del Rio = of the river. Del Rio sings, so river song.

Blue Box = the mysterious blue box in the movie.

Del Rio sings Llorando. A Spanish translation of the song Crying.

Her character is referred to as La Llorona de Los Angeles.

Now, for my next guess, I'm really only going off the word and not much else. The word is Spanish for silence, and in Portuguese, silence is also Silencio.

If you look at it from the Portuguese (or Brazilian) side, there is the infamous horror icon, Coffin Joe.

Doing anything with these movies might honestly be too controversial, but it's worth the guess. Plus I don't recall him being mentioned here.

Also, there are many dialects of Spanish...think of all the countries that speak Spanish. It doesn't have to be Mexico necessarily.

It's not happening but silencio is the silencing charm from Harry Potter. So Death Eater house.... I can only dream

Honestly, while spanish was my first language and I should have jumped to la llorona first....I COMPLETELY jumped to Harry Potter as well! You're not alone in your pipe dreams, my friend...lol

Something else to note...this might not be a spanish reference. Silence is translated "silenzio" in italian.

Also, I think we're all avoiding an important reference....Silent Hill. I know, I know, it hurts to even think about it, considering the house was a bit of a let down last year. But, maybe this is instead pointing towards another video game-inspired house, i.e. Resident Evil, or the like.

Edited by justchristy

The Italian title for Silence of the Lambs is Il Silenzio Degli Innocenti. Silence of the Innocent. Since the LL guesses have already been thrown out there...in American Horror Story there's a lot of innocent people who are silenced from talking to the outside world.

The House of Cards is called
La Voce Del Silenzio (The Sound of Silence.) An odd little girl...Cindy Caine?