Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

Back to the Home Alone theory...

Roberts Blossom played Marley in Home Alone, but also had a notable role in a 1974 horror movie called Deranged. He played a character very closely based on Ed Gein...so there's the movies he inspired (TCM, Psycho, Silence of the Lambs) and his own personal story which could inspire a lot of concepts.
Edited by ferox

562649d2a49d11e2826f22000a9f13e9_7.jpg

Qanat? If it were Qanat, and letters 2 and 4 were circled (as I see a 2 and 4 in the picture,) and this series is truly done as Ifrit claims, then we are left with lccothuaa if I'm not mistaken. "Cachalot" is a word that uses these letters; it is the Spanish word for "Sperm Whale," and is a derivative of the word "cachola," meaning "big head."

Edited by Norman_Bates

I don't mind a house based around children, drowning, or some parent-children relation, but I certainly don't want it to be Mama, and I'm a bit iffy towards La Llorona.

Another thing that this reminded me of was Shutter Island. *Spoilers if you have not seen the movie*

Well, in Shutter Island, Leonardo Dicaprio's wife drowned their two kids, which caused his character to go insane. Note, it might have caused his character to go insane, the ending is ambiguous and it's also one of those mind-screw movies. Anyways, you could link that to a maximum security prison for the criminally insane (which is where the movie takes place). I'd be down for that. I'd be so down for that.

Edited by TsunamiFox

But the concern that the myth isn't as popular in Florida could certainly hurt La Llorona's chances.

When you consider that the majority of the guests visiting the event don't know the storylines to the original houses every year, it doesn't matter. Sure, its a better experience if you know the story beforehand, but how many people knew the story to Dead End or Gothic last year? Or Forsaken or Winter's Night the year before?

• Like 1

Some people brought up how they first found out about La Llorona. I didn't find out about the legend until I watched this very well done short horror film on it. It's worth the watch.

Also, how graphic or suggestive does the Hollywood house get on the topic?

• Like 1

Depends on what you consider to be "graphic". I find the scene where you see the children drowned in the river to be disturbing.

20111014_060238_do14%20halloween%20horro

Okay, you answered my question. I was wondering if they actually depicted the scene to a wide magnitude and they did. I'm sure at night it's pretty effective, but I agree with Dr. D, it's not disturbing enough. It would be really bad-ass if they actually showed the kids being drowned, but that would be too much for a lot of people...and I'm not aware of a dummy that would actually look real enough to pull that off. Could you imagine a scene like that with just a standard baby doll, that would be hilarious. Though, if a scareactor just keeps the dummy submerged and yells/cries/struggles or whatever, then that would be satisfactory to me, and of course you at least have to be able to make out a figure of a child in the water and be able to understand what's going on.

But if we are getting a La Llorona house or something similar involving children, I'd like it to be dark, intense, and push the envelope. Which brings us back to HHN needing to grow a set. (Unless they don't want to do something so dark like that in light of a real life tragedy, that's understandable). But if that's no the case, then come on!

Edited by TsunamiFox