Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

From Orlando Unite's twitter:

So I start a twitter account a few days ago to follow anything that might give HHN clues or news.... today I get a message that I'm "following too aggressively" and my account is suspended!!!

WTF? Isn't that the whole point of the damn thing?????

• Like 1

More on Kevin...

Kevin Dunn was an actor in transformers and transformers sz was mentioned in Dr. Jimmy's April fools video.

I think this would be ridiculous coming to HHN, but who knows? Penn and Teller turned out true? Haha

Again, no word clue attached to it.

f65676cca2c011e293b222000aa8011b_7.jpg

Looking at this, I see 8 letters that aren't crossed out. These are I, Y, X, U, O, Q, T, and R. I decided to use an unscrambler on those letters and found "quixotry," which, according to Wiki, means "A wild, visionary idea, an eccentric notion or act; a quixotism." Also according to Wiki, the word is derived from the Don Quixote story. Don Quixote saw giants. Jack the Giant Slayer? Also, if "quixotry" is actually the word, the circled letters are O and T.

Looking at this, I see 8 letters that aren't crossed out. These are I, Y, X, U, O, Q, T, and R. I decided to use an unscrambler on those letters and found "quixotry," which, according to Wiki, means "A wild, visionary idea, an eccentric notion or act; a quixotism." Also according to Wiki, the word is derived from the Don Quixote story. Don Quixote saw giants. Jack the Giant Slayer? Also, if "quixotry" is actually the word, the circled letters are O and T.

If that puzzle answer is wild then it ties into my hypothesis about the old Native/ South American myths, eg. the "wild" chupacabra.

I gave a tutorial on how to unjumble in the Random Thoughts thread using quixotry. Just in case anyone wants to have a go at unjumbling without a descrambler.

Quixote was delusional, and was tilting at windmills. Quixotism is idealism without regard to practicality.

The words chosen so far do not appear to relate to one another, or if they do, the relation is very superficial. A common theme may appear with other words added.

Oscilliscope - an electronic device that displays wave forms

Caziques - an Indian Cheif or type of oriole. (Interestingly enough, when using a Spanish descrambler, there are no word matches for this clue)

Quixotry - an eccentric act or notion. The word wild in its definition is not being used to describe something that is untamed, but is being used as a synonym for fantastic.

A wild, visionary idea = A fantastic, visionary idea.

Where does this leave us? Any ideas? I'm not seeing a theme in the words, so I'm assuming the "bonus" word is our true clue.

Edited to make my sentences make more sense.

Edited by mystiquephreeq

Where does this leave us? Any ideas? I'm not seeing a theme in the words, so I'm assuming the "bonus" word is our true clue.

Is there any chance this is referring to Legendary Truth? Thinking about electronic wave measurements (like ones used in paranormal investigation equipment) and indian chiefs (indian burial sites that are dug up or built on historically have paranormal activity)...I'm not sure where quixotry fits in exactly.

• Like 1

Is there any chance this is referring to Legendary Truth? Thinking about electronic wave measurements (like ones used in paranormal investigation equipment) and indian chiefs (indian burial sites that are dug up or built on historically have paranormal activity)...I'm not sure where quixotry fits in exactly.

Could be. Good spec!

New clue.

Clever, clever Ifrit. But, I've figured it out already.

Do you find us Morphans frightening?

Do you guys want me to post the answer, or do you want me to wait. I still can't post the image.

EDIT: Belief in the paranormal could be a wild, visionary idea.

Edited by mystiquephreeq
  • Like 1