Cabin in the Woods

Freak

Entering the Facility first would have been very creative, but it most certainly would have confused the GP - even the smartest GP, too - if they haven't seen the movie. This would have been an interesting dual-run house to experience the story from both perspectives. But, I agree with the house beginning by entering the cabin through the woods for cohesiveness so all can enjoy. Entering the Facility in the house will be confusing enough for some. What was that room? Who were those other people? Where did the other creatures come from? But, they're there to be scared and not to put a story together, even if it is just within one house.

I am going to sound nitpicky, but I was kind of expecting the cubes to be smaller and I was expecting them to have more creatures. I don't know, they cubes are so huge in the house, they were not that big in the movie, they were the size of an elevator. Nothing really wrong but they could have made the cubes maybe smaller and added a couple more props or creatures. Just an observation I had.

This might not be a bad thing, but this year some rooms in some houses feel too big on some houses, Making the actors appear smaller, sort of. Not really a bad thing but I think it is scarier when rooms are smaller and the actors are closer to you.

Edited by LV-426

Being a real creature? Um I can't imagine the logistical, legal, and animal rights nightmares that would create. It's there is a way.. I honestly can't imagine how else they could have pulled it off. Not like an animatronic horse would have looked good.

well they are using puppets for American Werewolf in London. Just like the puppets in Resident Evil. (or the dog)

(or the lion puppet they used for Scary tales in 2008)

I thought we were going to get an Unicorn Puppet. I am sure it wouldn't look super realistic but it would be at least something nice. What made me sad about it was that they kept talking about it and hyping it up. they kept mentioning unicorn in interviews.
I would have liked even a static prop like Merman. I guess because they kept talking about it I expected to see something

Edited by LV-426

I'm pretty sad too that there's no Unicorn and the merman is a static prop? Just kind of a bummer. They could have easily done something simple for the unicorn at least. I was expecting something like the Lion scare in Scary Tales from a few years back.

Edited by Goo
  • Like 1

What makes it even worse is it's the clip from the movie! very disappointing..

Can anyone tell me who the girl would represent, last cube on your right?

"Long haired little girl" or something along those lines... basically Samara from the ring but they couldn't come out and say that

• Like 2

"Long haired little girl" or something along those lines... basically Samara from the ring but they couldn't come out and say that

the following is from the CITW wiki... "Japanese Floaty Girl" (later revealed to be named "Kiko") is a monster shown to be in use by the Japan branch of The Organization as part of their version of the ritual to appease The Ancient Ones. Where the American branch purposefully invokes Western Horror cliches, this monster is shown to represent J-Horror cliches, manifesting as a Japanese girl with unkempt black hair and a white dress to represent an Onryō.

Yes but

The grl in the cube is in the American branch and I'm pretty sure she did not have a white dress on nor does she float (I'll have to go through and see... but thought her outfit was grey). On the UMTH tour, David gave us the name and I forgot the exact name.. that could have been it though. When I asked if it was a reference to Samara he said basically.

Either way, it is a derivative of the same horror cliche.

In the movie though:

Alma Wade (from F.E.A.R.) is referenced:

AlmaWade.png

Although the girl in the movie wears a white dress where Alma wears a red dress. So if the girl in the cube wears a white dress... it could be her too.