Cabin in the Woods

Freak

The following is wishful thinking, but wishful thinking as it relates to CITW:

1) I want them to utilize a two way mirror effect: there was a two way mirror when the college kids first arrived at the cabin and went to their separate rooms.

2) If we walk through the control room, I want them to do something like they did in Saw in 2009 where you were filmed and could see yourself on the television screens.

3) If we walk through the control room, I want many buttons displayed and similar to Penn and Teller's house I want some of the buttons to be guest activated triggers.

• Like 5

Guest kiwisoup

The Evil Dead house, I assume will be based on the newest reboot movie and I'm gonna guess that they stick to just the newest movie. I mean they could include Army of Darkness but I just don't see it happening despite how cool it would be. I'm pretty sure they would have to get additional rights and licenses to use the older movies even though they are in the same series. Think about TCM, Wolfman, etc...they didn't combine the older and newer movies. I could be wrong, but I think people get a bit carried away with wishful thinking sometimes.

Edited by kiwisoup

It would be cool if their was a big room full of plexi -glass boxes. And you have to get from one side of the room to the other by going through a maze of plexi glass. The scareactors will taunt you as you can see them clearly straight through the glass. But what you don't know upon walking in is that you will have to walk through those scareactors boxes to get out :jason:

I posted something like this in the general Speculation thread, but I'm going to repost a modified version here . . .

We have heard that the cabin from CITW will be reconstructed at this year's event. I can easily seeing this happen in Soundstage 21, where they can build one large cabin and have it acts as the cabin from both CITW and ED. I'm not suggesting a full dual-run set-up, but something similar. Two doors into the soundstage, both leading you through the Woods to find a cabin. This is where it gets tricky. . . . Either we enter the cabin from two different sides with the facades matching the appropriate movie, or we get a modified cabin that is an amalgam of the two - not too dissimilar to the cabin in PS's video post. After entering the cabin, we "walk down" into the cellar and the houses again diverge and we explore the rest of the story for each house. This would allow A&D and FAKE to build a MASSIVE cabin and justify its creation.

Also, I was thinking about the unicorn . . . here's my take on the scene.

As you walk into a room within the Facility, an animatronic unicorn (on a track) lunges towards a Facility worker (live scareactor) and pins him against the wall. The unicorn's horn would be retractable and can easily be made to look like blood is pouring out of the scareactor when he or she is impaled.

• Like 1

Beyond excited. Hoping to see the merman for sure and the unicorn is a must!

I'd love to see an incorporation of the "boxes" in one of the scenes.

Such a perfect setup for a distraction scare and to have a bunch of old original character cameos.

I'm calling it right now. Body Collectors appear and facebook says "Oh man they totally messed up Slenderman!"

But really, this is going to be amazing.

Edited by ferox
  • Like 1

Guest kiwisoup

I posted something like this in the general Speculation thread, but I'm going to repost a modified version here . . .

We have heard that the cabin from CITW will be reconstructed at this year's event. I can easily seeing this happen in Soundstage 21, where they can build one large cabin and have it acts as the cabin from both CITW and ED. I'm not suggesting a full dual-run set-up, but something similar. Two doors into the soundstage, both leading you through the Woods to find a cabin. This is where it gets tricky. . . . Either we enter the cabin from two different sides with the facades matching the appropriate movie, or we get a modified cabin that is an amalgam of the two - not too dissimilar to the cabin in PS's video post. After entering the cabin, we "walk down" into the cellar and the houses again diverge and we explore the rest of the story for each house. This would allow A&D and FAKE to build a MASSIVE cabin and justify its creation.

Also, I was thinking about the unicorn . . . here's my take on the scene.

As you walk into a room within the Facility, an animatronic unicorn (on a track) lunges towards a Facility worker (live scareactor) and pins him against the wall. The unicorn's horn would be retractable and can easily be made to look like blood is pouring out of the scareactor when he or she is impaled.

Interesting theory, but I see two problems...One is the blood thing. Unless they have an unending supply of clean clothes for the actor, the blood pouring effect wouldn't exactly work. A water spray effect would be cool here though. And I think it'd only really be plausable as a puppet, not an animatronic. I can only recall generic or very basic animatronics that can be easily reused and redressed...not creating a specific creature. I'm thinking a puppet similar to the giant snake or la llorona used in hollywood.

I think this will probably be the best house of the event, and can't wait to see what A&D do with the property. It was easily one of my favorite movies of 2012. There is so much potential here with the elevator scene already mentioned and how many monsters there are to choose from. Really interested to see how they are going to pull off the cubes.

I can see it sort of being a comedy house but I hope it's more of a "Dreamwalkers" experience with a custom que video featuring Hadley & Sitterson. I can imagine them showing the board of monsters, etc..with Universal behind this, I can't wait :). I have a feeling it's going to be like getting on a ride. I also hope we don't stay in the cabin long because the best stuff in the movie happens after we leave.

From the press releases I've read..A&D knows this, and I think they are going to knock this one out of the park. I'm pretty sure the que video was confirmed too in a press release or one of those Q & A's but no knowledge on what it will show.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

I think this will probably be the best house of the event, and can't wait to see what A&D do with the property. It was easily one of my favorite movies of 2012. There is so much potential here with the elevator scene already mentioned and how many monsters there are to choose from. Really interested to see how they are going to pull off the cubes.

I can see it sort of being a comedy house but I hope it's more of a "Dreamwalkers" experience with a custom que video featuring Hadley & Sitterson. I can imagine them showing the board of monsters, etc..with Universal behind this, I can't wait :). I have a feeling it's going to be like getting on a ride. I also hope we don't stay in the cabin long because the best stuff in the movie happens after we leave.

From the press releases I've read..A&D knows this, and I think they are going to knock this one out of the park. I'm pretty sure the que video was confirmed too in a press release or one of those Q & A's but no knowledge on what it will show.

The only thing I hope this house has it's a queue video. That's it. I don't really care what monsters are in the house or anything.

I just want a video of those two guys talking to the audience. (I wonder if it is easy or not to get the two actors to do the video for this, since they might be busy with other stuff, I dont know)

But even if it is just two random guys playing the two characters in the movie I really wish they give us a video.

The only thing I hope this house has it's a queue video. That's it. I don't really care what monsters are in the house or anything.

I just want a video of those two guys talking to the audience. (I wonder if it is easy or not to get the two actors to do the video for this, since they might be busy with other stuff, I dont know)

But even if it is just two random guys playing the two characters in the movie I really wish they give us a video.

I could've sworn it was mentioned somewhere that they will have a queue video.

• Like 1