Cabin in the Woods

Freak

9207_wallpapers_2560x1440_CW.thumb.jpg.e67a2a9d143a17b57b03fe8c7bed1b3d.jpg

You and your friends thought this would be a relaxing weekend away at an isolated cabin. But you’re being watched. And manipulated. They are pulling strings to orchestrate a bloody sacrifice that dates back to the beginning of time.

You think you know this story. You think you’re in control. THINK AGAIN.

• Like 2

I'm excited to see what monsters they throw in. A Fox News article said "Hell Lord, the Dollfaces, the Sugarplum Fairy, the Doctors, Merman - and yes, even the film's infamous unicorn will make an appearance" they also mentioned the zombies. Link is here and it's by Ricky from inside the magic

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2013/06/27/universal-orlando-announces-cabin-in-woods-feature-in-theme-park-halloween/

Sorry didn't see the link was already posted

I'm pinning excessively high hopes on Whedon's involvement in this maze. I also agree that we could surely see some prior HHN easter eggs - this could be the perfect place to grab a quick glance of the Body Collectors' Gentlemen (oh hush).

• Like 5

My Money is on the finale being the elevators. If not I have no clue what it could be.

I say the finale will be a maze of sorts through the glass cubes, and some are closed and some open.

I also want to see the Happy frog...

Edited by coleman2122

I'm pinning excessively high hopes on Whedon's involvement in this maze. I also agree that we could surely see some prior HHN easter eggs - this could be the perfect place to grab a quick glance of the Body Collectors' Gentlemen (oh hush).

Please, please, please let there be a return of The Gentlemen. I wonder if they'll do some sort of effect in the house where when you walk by, you'll see the boxes with the monsters in them.

640px-The_Monsters_%28The_Cabin_in_the_W

• Like 1

Bet money Jack is in the finale.

Yea, I'd say that's all but guaranteed.

Just wanted to say that this house is basically the reason I'm fitting a HHN trip into my busy fall schedule this year. Loved the movie and am hoping the house turns out as epic as it should.

Of all the IP's, I think this one may be the one I want to see the most. I'm also VERY curious to see which HHN nasties from the past will make appearances, since they are confirmed to be in there. I'm also really hoping the Scarecrow folk pop up, as I love me some spooky scarecrows.

• Like 3

Please, please, please let there be a return of The Gentlemen. I wonder if they'll do some sort of effect in the house where when you walk by, you'll see the boxes with the monsters in them.

640px-The_Monsters_%28The_Cabin_in_the_W

I could see them having a hallway where both sides have cubes with some of the monsters. They've done hallways with prison cells in the past, so think of it like that I guess. In my opinion, I think that would be cool...to have a hallway with them in their cubes.

And if the Body Collectors return, I think I might cry (of happiness that is). My first HHN house that I actually remember a good deal of. <3

Edited by TsunamiFox
  • Like 2

I could see them having a hallway where both sides have cubes with some of the monsters. They've done hallways with prison cells in the past, so think of it like that I guess. In my opinion, I think that would be cool...to have a hallway with them in their cubes.

I can see this being a terrific opportunity for some great misdirection scares.

I pictured a cube filled with fog and a scareactor hidden inside. Could be creepy and an easy jump scare. Also, if one of the cubes didn't actually have a door on it and allowed for the scareactor to reach beyond the assumed safe zone it could be a nice setup, especially if the next cube over has a chainsaw wielding character or something else sound based.

So much potential.

• Like 1

The house will most likely be:

The cabin, calm and homely.

Then you enter the basement. possible scares?

Then the facility. The majority of the house should be this.

The finale will probably be the cubes. Maybe some overhead cube scares?

I hope its like this. It would be effective and scary.

It's already been mentioned that we're new recruits at the Facility on the day everything goes to hell. I'm pretty sure we'll start off at that Lobby with the elevators, looking calm and peaceful, and then gore.

The cubes would have to be before the finale. Unless the monsters were all shoved back in there, having them in their holding cubes after you are attacked by them wouldn't make sense.

It's already been mentioned that we're new recruits at the Facility on the day everything goes to hell. I'm pretty sure we'll start off at that Lobby with the elevators, looking calm and peaceful, and then gore.

The cabin is still technically part of the facility...

• Like 1

I'm excited for the Pain Gods/Cenobites. They were by far some of the best looking creatures in the film and yet we didn't get to see them in real action. Shame. Here's hoping they have a good scene in the house.
I'm also betting on a wink at Bloody Mary in a "basement" like room. Either a two way mirror scare, or something like that.

Edited by _Veritas_

I just can't imagine them doing two Cabins. I thought of it more like the past couple of Parade Bld houses. In the door and right in the first scene.

Well... the issue is that Cabin in the Woods was locked (and the designs were likely approved) prior to Evil Dead. Remember, Eraser was replaced. So Cabin was initially designed as the "only" Cabin. While they could have changed the initial two-three rooms to avoid making things too "samey," the question is if it would be worth it. I'm fairly confident that (if it happens) Evil Dead will include Army of Darkness. That would easily allow the two different "cabins" to be differentiated strongly. Two cabins are entirely inside the realm of possibility.

Well... the issue is that Cabin in the Woods was locked (and the designs were likely approved) prior to Evil Dead. Remember, Eraser was replaced. So Cabin was initially designed as the "only" Cabin. While they could have changed the initial two-three rooms to avoid making things too "samey," the question is if it would be worth it. I'm fairly confident that (if it happens) Evil Dead will include Army of Darkness. That would easily allow the two different "cabins" to be differentiated strongly. Two cabins are entirely inside the realm of possibility.

With the AoD tie in to the house, I could give see them being fine building two cabins. But not without that tie-in.

With the AoD tie in to the house, I could give see them being fine building two cabins. But not without that tie-in.

And without knowing any specifics on the house (hand to God), I would suspect it's highly likely A&D would want Army of Darkness in there. Lights, Camera, Hacktion was ACTUALLY suppose to be Army of Darkness, but was scrapped at the last minute. They included the AoD scene in Silver Screams. A&D LOVES Army of Darkness, and so I would be legitimately surprised if they didn't do it they year they actually have Evil Dead.

• Mark M. changed the title to Cabin in the Woods
  • Mark M. unpinned this topic