If you could revisit one HHN, which one would it be?

Per the title, if you could go back and spend one more night at any past HHN you've been to, which one would you choose?

Since I've only been to two of them, I would choose HHN XX. It was my first one, and I didn't really know anything about the event. I only did the majority of the houses once, and they weren't the best walk-throughs. Now that I have a much larger understanding of the event, the characters, and the stories, I would love to go back and really spend some more time in the SZ's, and walk through all the houses a few more times. I think I'd get so much more out of Hallow'd Past now than I did the first time around.

If I could do any HHN at all though, it'd be XIX. Love the Usher, love the theme for the year, and would love to experience the event personally.

What about you?

• Like 1

HHN XV (2005) would be my choice, this was my second year going and it's what got my obsession with HHN going. I loved how the houses and sz had a connected theme. I remember coming home from work everyday and going to the website because of the detail in the map and artifacts on Elsa's bookcase just keep drawing me back in.

• Like 1

This is a cheat, but 2008, which I was unable to attend. Of the 4 event years I missed since 1997, this is the one I regret the most.

If it has to be one I went to before - probably 2003. I was only able to go one night that year, and one visit per house. I'd love to run through All-Night Die-In and Screamhouse again.

• Like 1

1997 hands down... Best year.

Or.. was it 2004 The one year I missed?

Or 2007 The only year I missed a house?...

2008.. Just bc of how awesome the event was? Well at that point might as well throw 2005, 2003, AND 2002 in there. :/

Bah would have to be 2004. A lot of good houses came out of that year and I MISSED THEM! So yeah thats it.

• Like 5

2008 so I could play along with everyone with LT. I went that year and loved it, but I had no idea all this behind-the-scenes stuff was going on, nor did I know there was a game of any kind. I feel so stupid now, knowing what I know now.

either 2005 as it was my first year and i didn't know anything about the event and only did 4 houses (missed BC on top of it <_<), or 08 as i didn't know anything about LT. I'm glad that's back this year though so i can participate this time :).

or for the reason of just redoing the houses of my favorite year, i'd pick either 11 or 06. Those were my favorite years for houses.

Edited by foREVer56

This is a cheat, but 2008, which I was unable to attend. Of the 4 event years I missed since 1997, this is the one I regret the most.

If it has to be one I went to before - probably 2003. I was only able to go one night that year, and one visit per house. I'd love to run through All-Night Die-In and Screamhouse again.

ETA: PsychoScareapy - how could I forget that? D'oh!

• Like 1

I'd revisit a couple.

For years I missed I think I would have to do 2002 and 2005.

Years attended I would have to do 2006-08. 2006 was my first year and I missed houses. 2007, I would go back just to revisit houses, especially NOES. 2008, was just a phenomenal event and I'd love to go back to it.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm tempted to say 2008, since that was by far the best event I've been to in my eight years of attendance. But...I attended that year more times than I remember. However, 2005 was my first year attending, and it remains the only year where I've ever missed houses (Terror Mines and Cold Blind Terror). Still, I remember the year as one of my favorites and as the year that changed me from someone who could care less about haunt season into a huge fan of it. It's also the only IoA year that I attended, which makes it doubly unique. I'd love to get the chance to go back and experience it with fresh eyes (especially with all the Terra Cruentus knowledge I gained after the fact).

Any year ever, I'd probably like to do 2004. The double-park thing just seems like such a cool concept that I would've loved to see it in action.

1997 hands down... Best year.

Or.. was it 2004 The one year I missed?

Or 2007 The only year I missed a house?...

2008.. Just bc of how awesome the event was? Well at that point might as well throw 2005, 2003, AND 2002 in there. :/

Bah would have to be 2004. A lot of good houses came out of that year and I MISSED THEM! So yeah thats it.

Ha. this is the first year i went and will always be my favorite! I wish they would do another Ghost Town! My favorite house of all time.

Definitely my first year, 2008 (Reflections of Fear).

SInce it was my first year I didn't get the full experience. It was crowded and I think I did (at the most) four houses. I don't even think I went through all the scare zones. It was a mess.

Definitely my first year, 2008 (Reflections of Fear).

SInce it was my first year I didn't get the full experience. It was crowded and I think I did (at the most) four houses. I don't even think I went through all the scare zones. It was a mess.

Out of the 5 times I've gone this was my favorite overall year and the year I would love to revisit. Pretty much all the houses were good or excellent that year.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest kiwisoup

I would have to say 2007 Carnival of Carnage if only because I keep kicking myself about not seeing the "Big 3" and even the other properties that year with Dead Silence and The Thing also. The thing that really gets me is I LIVED in FL for a couple years during this and it would have been SO easy to go and I saw the ads all the time. I grew up on Freddy and Jason and I had never heard of HHN before that year so I guess I didn't know what an opportunity it was. And then of course Hollywood also did the Big 3, reused them again the next year, and then did then ANOTHER year based the two reboots and then last year the original TCM...and I STILL haven't seen any houses based on these properties!

I've always wanted Universal to produce HHN videos for each year where it's a walking tour of the event as though you're there. Just ambient sounds of the crowds with the right music for the area overlaid on top. Get a run through of each house with a good equipment. Capture the scareactors at work from different perspectives. Put the shows on disc if there aren't too many rights issues. Etc. I think they'd sell enough copies to make their production and publishing costs back. Not only would people who have attended that year like a copy, but a lot of people who couldn't make it (or afford it). We could all revisit our favorite years whenever we wanted to. All the hard work that was put in the event would be properly documented.

• Like 1