Stay & Scream Holding Area Security

Searched and searched but couldn't find an answer.

How do they handle Stay & Scream holding area security? Do they actually screen like they do at the front entrance with metal detectors and bag searches? Do they do so before you enter the holding area or when you're leaving the area? Any help would be appreciated.

They have the stay & screem areas roped or barricaded off... they have people with wristbands.. you show them your HHN ticket, they give you a wristband & then you wait until they let you loose...

Its not a huge pain in the ass like the front gate... its very reasonable. None of that hassle with the security. The park closes at 5pm, so make sure you're in there no later than 4:30-4:45pm.

Mark, Jenn, Michele & a few others are more familiar with what time you gotta be in the areas (i only did it last year on halloween). I think they start corralling people into the holding areas around 4:45pm-ish.

• Like 1

i pretty much do the stay and scream with my AP and i get there around 3pm ride a couple rides and than go to finnegans and drink till they let us in, usually they release 15-20 minutes earlier than the GP so i get 2 or more houses done really quick with no wait at all, but as far as security....um there is none lol i assume you plan on having a couple flasks with you is why you ask, and to answer that, once you get them in through normal park security and your in the park your good

but i will say after all the issues they had last year with underage drinking and more busts of flasks than previous years i wouldnt be surprised if they did check this year in the holding areas

Thanks for the info. Just wanted to know as I'm considering an annual pass this year. More to avoid the parking fee than anything but wondered if the Stay & Scream allowed you to bypass the hassle of the moronic security at the front.

Regarding the flasks, have never had a problem bringing alcohol in when I wanted to but I usually just pre-game a beer or two at Whole Foods or World of Beer. As "smart" as Universal thinks they are at the front, it's hardly difficult. They have more of an issue with me refusing to put my wallet in the pass through trays than anything. Phone, keys, anything else I'm OK with. Not my wallet. It is Orange County, after all.

Anyway, thanks again for the info.

Hey, don't knock it until you've tried it. They have the best prices on craft beer drafts anywhere. DFH 120 at $4.75? Lots of CCB for $4.50. And, best of all, you can pick any of their single bottles from the cooler and enjoy them at the bar for the same price. A bottle that would run you $8.50 at WOB will cost you $4.50 at Whole Foods. Not to mention all the great food choices right there and the service is top notch.

Try it. You'll never look back. ;) Cheers!

Edited by ThreeCircles

Stay and scream holding areas? No thank you. I always suggest people use the IOA crossover (located next to the Seuss bathrooms) instead. They still let you in earlier than the main gate and you don't have to sit in a holding pen. Each year I've hopped off of Dragons or Hulk and walked right into HHN.

If you are concerned with security, they do check you with metal detectors before you head to the ticket kiosks near Rockit.

Edited by Coast

^i've done the cross-over from IOA a few times during 2008... i definitely prefer being IN the studios where the event actually is rather than in the other park. Also, the IOA cross-over deals with the metal detectors, so thats reason #666 why stay & scream is better.

• Like 1

I was wondering if the Springfield area is done ,if they would use duff beer gardens as a holding area?

Thoughts?

is planned to be done in time? if so i would use it every now and than, but i like finnegans how your at the front of the park and can get the houses done in the front that always get the longest wait times

Crossover opens at 5:30 and you get into the event before the main gate opens. Last year I did four houses at my own pace before I even ran into a group ahead of me. For us folks who don't live near the parks, IOA crossover is by far the better option. No waiting around for an hour and a half.

I was wondering if the Springfield area is done ,if they would use duff beer gardens as a holding area?

Thoughts?

They plan on having Springfield open with Transformers, so it's a possibility. Might as well have your new alcohol location used when people do the majority of their drinking.

Crossover opens at 5:30 and you get into the event before the main gate opens. Last year I did four houses at my own pace before I even ran into a group ahead of me. For us folks who don't live near the parks, IOA crossover is by far the better option. No waiting around for an hour and a half.

They plan on having Springfield open with Transformers, so it's a possibility. Might as well have your new alcohol location used when people do the majority of their drinking.

but usually when finnegans holds you during park close they run a happy hour...i enjoy my alcohol more than riding the same rides for the 50 millionth time lol