HHNH Code Name Creator Game

With some sources pointing to no code names this year, I came up with a game that could help full the void and pass the time. I call it the HHNH Code Name Creator Game! How do you play you might be asking? Well here are the basics: You choose a maze or property previously done at HHNH and give it a new original code name. Based on that code name, everyone guesses what maze it's linked to. The first person to guess correctly gets to create the next code name! Sounds simple right? Well there are some rules, so here are the guide lines to follow:

1. To keep things from becoming a random guessing contest, it's not enough to simply guess the right maze. You must also correctly explain how the code name is connected to the maze

2. To help things move along, after every 3 incorrect guess's, the creator of the code name can choose to give a small hint to move things along. It's not a requirement however, and is left to the discretion of the code name's creator, so don't always rely on hints to help you.

3. To help expand the amount of mazes to choose from, I will allow mazes per-hiatus to be used. The game is open to all Horror Night Nightmares posters but please make sure all mazes are from Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood.

4. Be specific! Some properties like Friday the 13th or Nightmare On Elm Street have been used multiple times, with mazes based on both the originals and the remakes. Be sure the code name you create is traced back to specifically the original OR the remake maze, which ever one you choose, and is not vague enough to be either.

5. Be creative and have fun! Don't reuse code names that have been done already, whether by other posters or by Murdy. This is your chance to stretch your legs and put yourself in Murdy's shoes! As for those guessing, you can discuss and help each other research if it helps. This is great way to keep up on our sleuthing skills!

So there you have it! Some rules are subject to change and evolve as we play and see what works and what doesn't.

To kick things off, I will start the first code name of the game with something a little simple so everyone can get the hang of things. Are you ready? Go!

The code name is: Florence

Edited by Stitch_101

That is.... Incorrect. A nice first guess though. Any other guesses? Two more and I'll give another hint!

Edit: I'm starting to think maybe my code name wasn't as simple as I originally thought. Anyone want me to break my rule (this once) and give another clue?

Edited by Stitch_101

^ ok kool. Just remember, all mazes are HHN Hollywood mazes.

So here is you hint for code name: Florence

The name of a movie staring Bette Midler is connected with characters who appear in the movie the maze is based on.

I know you guys can do it!

Edited by Stitch_101

This is clearly wrong but I'm just throwing it out there to get another hint lol

HALLOWEEN.

Michael Myers spends time in a hospital, treated by nurses (Florence Nightingale). Bette Midler starred in "The Thorn," which is also the name of the cult Myers belongs to!

That not a bad guess... Actually, if I didn't already know that wasn't it, I would have assumed that was right. I think everyone kinda sees how this is suppose to play, so DTH316, I'm passing it off to you to come up with a code name and see how are sleuthing skills are!

For those who were wondering what Florence was... It was... The Wolfman!!! How you might ask? Well here's how:

Florence is in reference to Florence and The Machine. Their first album "Lungs" featured the song "Howl." Some of the final lyrics of Howl are as follows: A man who's pure of heart and says his prayers by night, may still become a wolf when the autumn moon is bright" ...sound familiar? Its a take on the gypsy poem in Wolfman. As for the movie Bette Midler stared in... It was The Gypsy! See how it all comes together?

Hmmm....

Code Name: Whiskey...

I guarantee NO ONE will get this one...

HOT ROD! ;)

Mr.HHN is the closest so far.

I believe that's more than 3 guesses.

So, CODENAME: Cameo

Hint #1: The title of a Daniel Day Lewis film will point you in the right direction.

Edited by DTH316

.......... Damn.....

Whiskey = Alice Cooper: Welcome To My Nightmare

the Whiskey came from "The Whiskey A Go Go" which was a famous rock and roll nightclub on the Sunset Strip where Alice Cooper's band performed regularly while trying to make it big in the late 60s/early 70s... It's also where Alice held a concert one week before HHN 2011 opened...