I Think I've Been to the Real Carey, Ohio

Just as the title says, I think I have been to the real town of Carey, Ohio.

I have been to Ohio several times because I have family up there. In fact, my step dad grew up there and that's where his parents live. We visit them and just the state in general whenever we can (or so it seems).

My step dad grew up in Findlay, Ohio - and that's where my grandparents live. Now, here is a map of Ohio showing where Findlay is:

fr906.png

Here is a map showing where Carey is:

fr7098.png

They are extremely close to each other as you can see. I'm not saying I have been to Carey, but I'm saying it's possible. We do a lot of driving when we go to Ohio, and with the towns being as close as they are - it for sure is possible. Maybe my family can make another trip up this summer, if so - I'll for sure take pictures for you all.

Even though I'm not certain I have been, it's likely and I just thought I'd share this. :)

-Sam

According to Mapquest, it's just under 20 miles away from Findlay. So even if you haven't, it would b a short trip to get there.

Yeah, and with all the driving we do up there - it is very possible I have driven through it ('cause they're so close). But, if I go this summer I will make my family go or hell, I will drive myself if I have to. I'll do whatever it takes! :P

And I would take pictures too. I would love a picture of me infront of this:

CareyWelcomeRock3.jpg

Just a random thought...

I was thinking about me actually taking a picture infront of that rock. Doing so, what if a local walked by? And what if they asked me why I was taking a picture infront of a welcome rock in their small, small town? I would tell the truth (the connection to HHN and explain what all that is). I wonder how they would take that; if they'd be surprised, offended, or maybe even excited. It's a funny thought. Maybe we could turn the whole town into HHN cheerleaders. :P

Though, it IS a small town - and small towns tend to stay fairly close, and also be that one of the members of A&D is from Carey (that is what I have heard from several people, but no official conformation to me). But if that is true, maybe somebody in Carey does know, like a relative or something. Huh...interesting thoughts.

And if not, then what a coincidence, Ohio has more abandoned, old, dilapidated, and victorian homes per capita than any other place I have seen.

Oh and a side note for those that don't know, Carey, Ohio is in Wyandot County. So Wyandot is also a real "thing."

Edited by TsunamiFox

When one begins searching and looking into the real Carey, Ohio - one comes across some rather interesting things. For example this is the abandoned Tootle Schoolhouse in Carey, Ohio:

2686151655_8184755260_b.jpg

It would not take much effort, I think, to imagine tiny masked faces peeking out from behind those branches... looking for candy...

• Like 7

If you really want to do that photoshoot or just want to own them, I have links to a few of the exact masks the Trick or Treaters wore in 2008 and Traditionals wore this year. Being a home haunter, you sometimes come across these things..

Edited by Coast

If you really want to do that photoshoot or just want to own them, I have links to a few of the exact masks the Trick or Treaters wore in 2008 and Traditionals wore this year. Being a home haunter, you sometimes come across these things..

I would be interested in that info, if you don't mind sharing? I've been trying to source a few of them myself.