Halloween Horror Nights 23 Wishful Thinking

Mark M.

So, he's probably close to my age (gah! I'll be 46 this summer!). IIf he says he "grew up" with whatever it is he's referring to - you have to consider late 70's early 80's stuff - not 60's as we were all just babes then and unable to comprehend movies, let alone horror movies.

The Something Wicked thought is a GOOD one! I remember being FASCINATED by that movie (I would've been 16 at the time) - and yes, his mention of channeling his inner carny? Hmmmm.. Having a maze based on that would NOT piss me off.. and I don't recall seeing anyone talk about it.

So, he's probably close to my age (gah! I'll be 46 this summer!). IIf he says he "grew up" with whatever it is he's referring to - you have to consider late 70's early 80's stuff - not 60's as we were all just babes then and unable to comprehend movies, let alone horror movies.

The Something Wicked thought is a GOOD one! I remember being FASCINATED by that movie (I would've been 16 at the time) - and yes, his mention of channeling his inner carny? Hmmmm.. Having a maze based on that would NOT piss me off.. and I don't recall seeing anyone talk about it.

thank Legacy for the thought :)

Well his wording is full of vague meanings. Is he scare of it or scared to do it (as in would be a nightmare)

I grew up with the classics too and I'm 36.. so it could be anything prior to his birth that is well known too.

i have quoted SWTWC many times but never outright said lets have a house... although if ever a property needed a reboot. that would be it.

thank Legacy for the thought :)

Well his wording is full of vague meanings. Is he scare of it or scared to do it (as in would be a nightmare)

I grew up with the classics too and I'm 36.. so it could be anything prior to his birth that is well known too.

i have quoted SWTWC many times but never outright said lets have a house... although if ever a property needed a reboot. that would be it.

Agreed - it technically could be anything that was prior to his birth. It's just that when someone says "I grew up with this", it usually is referring to something that is in THEIR time. You know what I mean? If I say I grew up with Pac-Man and John Cougar (before he became John Mellencamp) and parachute pants.. well, I literally GREW UP during that time. I wouldn't say I grew up with tie-dye and bell bottoms even though it was around when I was small. The phrasing he used - and to specifically say both he and Chris "grew up with this" - indicates to me that it had a significant impact on them both as kids (what age he is talking about is speculative - but I would guess sometime between 11-16 as that seems to be the age we remember the most from our childhood).

So - Something Wicked is possible. I'm really going to have to think about this one.

Very clearly it's H.R. Puffnstuff: Witchie Poo's Revenge!

Seriously, though, i wonder if this'll have bleed over to Orlando. They've IP shared two years in a row, curious to see if it'll happen again this year.

Well mike went over to Hollywood for a meeting. i mean it may not mean 100% that they are. But if I were a betting man I'd say we will share something.

• Like 1

For the hell of it - name some horror movies from the 80's that left a real impression on you. I can think of ten immediately:

Scanners

The Serpent & the Rainbow

The Thing

The Evil Dead

Poltergeist

Night of the Demons (which, frankly, scared the crap out of me as cheesy as it may seem now)

Fright Night

Nightmare on Elm Street (the original when it was an awesome idea)

Halloween (technically late 70's but close enough)

Lost Boys

Every movie listed so far I have seen mentioned in some way.

I would say late 70s early 80s.

Has anyone ever suggested Gremlins or Critters? The Ghoulies?

The Watcher in the Woods? I totally want it to be The Goonies because that would be totally unexpected and could be modified into a haunted house. And I love The Goonies.

Edited by mystiquephreeq

On a random side note, I thought of something kind of funny and interesting today.

Well, you know how we aren't sure of whether HHN will begin on the 20th or 27th of September? Now, HHN starts in the autumn, right? But depending on weather you follow astronomy or meteorology to determine the seasons, this may not be the case. You see the meteorological fall starts September 1st. Okay. But astronomical fall has varying dates, which has to do with when the Earth's tilt begins to point the northern hemisphere away from the sun. I personally consider autumn's beginning at the start of the autumn equinox (astronomical fall), and most people do as well. The autumn equinox this year will be the 22nd of September. So, if HHN starts on the 20th, that means it will begin during the summer. It also means that last year's HHN began on the last day of summer (because the autumn equinox was the 22nd last year as well).

Does this matter? Of course not. I'm just bored and that occupied my mind for a couple minutes; thought I'd share my frivolous thoughts...though I'm not sure why. But hey, I find it interesting, haha.

Edited by TsunamiFox
  • Like 1

Ok here's my thoughts on the Murdy tweets. He said he "grew up" with the property which makes me think two things. One, that it's either a TV series or a horror franchise of movies as growing up with something doesn't to me suggest a singular movie. Two, considering his age I'm thinking the property has to be from the 70's or before (taking into account TV reruns).

He also said although he's never heard anyone mention this as an idea for a house he also said we'd all know it. That means to me a very famous property so I think some of the lesser known ideas that have been mentioned on here and the Hollywood thread are unlikely.

If Murdy's tweets are accurate he's given us quite a lot to go off but despite that I can only come up with few ideas so far. The Twilight Zone or Addams Family (possible comedy house)?

• Like 1

My comment regarding The Goonies as turned into fangirl wishful thinking.

I would love a Goonies house. I wouldn't care if it wasn't scary. Just being able to step into a recreation of it would make me fangasm.

i don't see how that would be possible since they cannot hire little kids, unless We the guests are the goonies going for the treasure (like walking dead) but without the zombies,

but then who would you have scaring you? the Fratellis? over and over? like every room the Fratellis?

Twilight Zone or Addams Family that is actually areally really good guess too

Very clearly it's H.R. Puffnstuff: Witchie Poo's Revenge!

Seriously, though, i wonder if this'll have bleed over to Orlando. They've IP shared two years in a row, curious to see if it'll happen again this year, in what form, and to what extent.

we will. I am positive about it, look how much money they made. shared IPs are probably really good business for Uni. why wouldn't they continue something that worked so well for them.

i don't see how that would be possible since they cannot hire little kids, unless We the guests are the goonies going for the treasure (like walking dead) but without the zombies,

but then who would you have scaring you? the Fratellis? over and over? like every room the Fratellis?

We would definitely be The Goonies. That would be the whole point in my fangirl world.

I don't care who scares us. The Fratellis, the giant octopus, ghost pirates.

I just want the sets. I have wanted to be a Goonie since I was 7 or 8.

It's total wishful thinking. Nothing more or less. I don't even think it's possible. But I can dream.

EDIT: To help with a time frame for Murdy growing up.

If he is 46 or 47 then he would have been born in 66 or 67.

Earliest for something released that he could grow up with I would say is 1974. That would put him at 8 at least.

Latest. 1984 or 85 when he would have been about 18.

And now I feel like a stalker because I've dissected his possible age timeline.

Edited by mystiquephreeq

is Something Wicked This Way Comes a horror movie?

It was made a movie in 1983, but more specifically it's a novel. It's also been adapted to a stage production.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Something_Wicked_This_Way_Comes_(novel)

Also... for the record... the concept of Something Wicked This Way Comes being utilized in some capacity at HHN has been thought of before. Just maybe not in actual specuation.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8102/8473370139_01dbc660e4_c.jpg

• Like 1

who doesn't believe the "Harlem shake" will make it into Bill and Ted? That thing is everywhere. Of course with the cultural singularity-like nature of our society... maybe be old hat in a week. :P

Unless a great deal changes, personally, I think seeing everyone bust out into the Harlem shake would be the only reason to attend a B&T show next year :ninja:

• Like 2