Halloween Horror Nights 23 Wishful Thinking

Mark M.

I want people to remember that what I was talking about is speculation mixed with wishful thinking. Chances are we already have the answer to what balloons means, or at least there are a few people who do, based on what they've said. The houses I suggested are sci-fi based, an exception to a rule when it comes to hhn. Take what I say with a grain of salt, don't discount it, but just remember that I'm as lost as anyone else is here.

Edited by Dr. John Overwatch

I think the Purge would be a cool concept (on paper) to try out at HHN, a Scarezone associated with a House (2008) would be cool. It would be interesting to see translate if done right.

I'm sure exactly what mark is getting at here, but eliminating those that have already been scarezones and those which legal or logistical problems make highly improbable if not impossible that really only leaves one 2008 house.

• Like 1

If all the scare zones were dedicated to the Uni Monsters to celebrate 100 years I would flip my shit. Seriously. Each scare zone done up to look like a famous scene from the movies...

It would be nice to see classic movie monsters involved in the event this year. I truly love content like this and with all this talk about old universal horror films being used in the event, i am so excited!

You know all the plans? Last I heard there were a few "To be determined"s and things awaiting approval. Even when I get info this early on (even from extremely trusted sources) I have to take everything with a grain of salt until permits are pulled and construction begins. Take AWIL and The Chupacabrra house. They were a go. They even started construction... and the building got bulldozed. I still don't know what happened to AWIL last year. I mean I'm glad Dead end and Gothic happened. Silent Hill... Not so much. I know a few certainties but overall still 60/40 on the rest.
I think you probably know just about as much as me, pretty sure our sources are similar haha of course I don't know what is EXACTLY 1000% going to 'for sure' happen because just as you've said, things DO change. I guess I'm really just referring to what is on the table as of now and what our head honchos in charge have planned. What the final product is...we won't know until September. But at this point, I'm only speaking on what I know :) Now if only I COULD predict the future :P

lol, I don't know why I was saying cereal instead of serial. almost as bad as the time I wrote whodini instead of Houdini

Brain fart. But still hilarious. I needed that laugh today - not to be making fun of you.. I'm not. It just struck me funny.

I, too, would LOVE a Cabin in the Woods house!

• Like 1

Hope i'm not too late to post stuff like this but...

My wishful thinking...

I would really like to see less IP houses, one or two are fine but not four.

Mix scarezones and roaming hordes

(This is far out so don't judge me) A Rob Zombie house!!

For the love of god no more Alice!! (love his music but that house sucked...)

The use of both parks and if possible expand it into Citywalk a couple of nights. (Doubtful but a man can dream!)

Midnight Syndicate only audio event :D although NiN did pretty good with Acid Assault

More than one Comedy House...maybe?

Houses with bright and vivid colors

Okay, i'm done, did i do good? :P

• Like 1

Wishful Thinking... They do Cabin in the Woods and this year's story is that the entire event is the CitW sacrifice.

This could also go hand-in-hand with the 100 years of horror element....it would give them a ridiculously cool excuse to really bring back all the monsters and creatures from the past 100 years...not that they need an excuse, but I think with the success of CiTW, it would attract more people, especially the younger generations, who might not be as familiar with old Universal horror, but are definitely familiar with CiTW's scary monsters. I'm lovingggg this idea! Totally onboard with this branch of wishful thinking lol

• Like 3

This could also go hand-in-hand with the 100 years of horror element....it would give them a ridiculously cool excuse to really bring back all the monsters and creatures from the past 100 years...not that they need an excuse, but I think with the success of CiTW, it would attract more people, especially the younger generations, who might not be as familiar with old Universal horror, but are definitely familiar with CiTW's scary monsters. I'm lovingggg this idea! Totally onboard with this branch of wishful thinking lol

This idea is amazing. To springboard off of it: if they still felt the need to add an icon, how awesome would it be to have Sitterson and Hadley as our dynamic duo? They could theme the entrance arch to the facility with the projector screen having the two of them talking about working conditions, rules, etc. Each house could be themed around one of their scenarios with the icon house being a tour of the facility where all of the monsters are kept. My only request is if they do anything "Cabin in the Woods" related they MUST have the merman.

• Like 4

An original icon(s).

An opening scare-a-mony, more theming throughout the park.

Something that ties into Universal horror history.

An actual interactive online game, website, experience.

Set scare zones, I wouldn't even mind if you threw in some roamers as well.

At least 8 houses if not more, and they could make them darker that would be great....

An extreme house, or just a generally more extreme event.

I really hope the Harry Potter expansion is used for the event this year it would add a great backdrop!

Here's a picture from twitter of what it will look like. This is just a depiction, not official.

http://twitter.com/CaptMichael87/status/323979475916300290/photo/1

more on wishful thinking: I hope they make another house location behind the facade of the buildings. I would be cool if a queue could go through the doors of a old apartment building in the pic above ^ ^

Edited by Ande

I really hope the Harry Potter expansion is used for the event this year it would add a great backdrop!

Here's a picture from twitter of what it will look like. This is just a depiction, not official.

more on wishful thinking: I hope they make another house location behind the facade of the buildings. I would be cool if a queue could go through the doors of a old apartment building in the pic above ^ ^

I don't know, I don't think they will.

This is extreme wishful thinking... I'll tell you why...

Potter 2.0 will not be done until next year... they're hauling ass to get Transformers open & the Simpsons expansion open. Even if they super-rushed construction for Potter, it still wouldn't be ready in time by HHN this year, nor would Gringotts have had the proper amount of ride testing (assuming it'd even be completed)..

The likelihood the london facades will be completed by HHN to have the walls pushed back are not very high. I'd also say any chance of a SZ would be more likely next year, however the last thing they'll want is to make that area back there even more congested than it already will be when it opens.

There is absolutely no way what-so-ever they can put a house behind the London facades, those will be Potter themed shops/food places on the other side. Besides, that area will still be under heavy construction until next year.

There is no way a queue can go through those facade doorways either, they're false.. and even if they were real doorways, they'd only be employee access points that lead into the back of the shops on the other side or up a set of stairs to the window. Its the exact same as the NY facades..

On wishful thinking aspect, i would love to see another RUN house. I never got to go in the RUN house or one like it.

Also I would like a extreme house.

Hell, make RUN a extreme house. The backstroy is there with Eddie, I would like to see it.

EDIT: I really want to see Archway videos! Ones like in 2008, 2009. Those were great! I would stand outside the park before going home and watch them. I want them back. :(

Edited by Doctor Cogstein
  • Like 1