Halloween Horror Nights 23 Wishful Thinking

Mark M.

Like the scarectors pretend to blend in till the ebs announced the purge and when the siren goes off the scareactors starts to scare the park attendees?

This would be amazing and very much like a chainsaw army unleashed. However, there would have to be some way to differentiate the scareactors from normal guests, because you could run into a bunch of legal issues if actual people start pretending they are actors.

Ok, how is gore a problem? Once again, this is Halloween Horror Nights, not Halloween "Mild" Nights! If Hollywood can have extreme gore, why can't HHN Orlando? It's too gory? Since when is that a problem Charles? It doesn't make any sense whatsoever. I'm sorry Charles but with all do respect, I find your statement to be unreasonable and I do not agree with it at all. SAW was gory at some parts. Guess what? It showed up. The Thing was gory in 1 or 2 scenes too, it showed up too! Is there a gore/detail limitation or something? Honestly! lol. Evil Dead would be an AMAZING house! Not only gory, but scary as well! Also, Evil Dead with its popularity, fan base and box office records recently ($26 million right now) Universal would totally consider doing a maze for it. Also, I agree with that Corey Allen said, for those who dont like IP houses, you are up for a rude awakening. Sorry :/

• Like 1

Ok, how is gore a problem? Once again, this is Halloween Horror Nights, not Halloween "Mild" Nights! If Hollywood can have extreme gore, why can't HHN Orlando? It's too gory? Since when is that a problem Charles? It doesn't make any sense whatsoever. I'm sorry Charles but with all do respect, I find your statement to be unreasonable and I do not agree with it at all. SAW was gory at some parts. Guess what? It showed up. The Thing was gory in 1 or 2 scenes too, it showed up too! Is there a gore/detail limitation or something? Honestly! lol. Evil Dead would be an AMAZING house! Not only gory, but scary as well! Also, Evil Dead with its popularity, fan base and box office records recently ($26 million right now) Universal would totally consider doing a maze for it. Also, I agree with that Corey Allen said, for those who dont like IP houses, you are up for a rude awakening. Sorry :/

The last time it was Halloween "Mild" Nights it was in 2001.

• Like 1

While I was watching ED, I saw a preview for a Universal film called Purge. I looked pretty interesting since the idea is that for only one day every year, all murder and crime is legal, with the killers having Stranger like masks. Do you guys think that would most likely my at HHN this year?

The concept for the Purge sounds like a really great idea. Not the movie itself, but the concept they came up with. The movie to me looks like it is going to be another "The Strangers" or another "The Collector" type of movie.

The trailer made me interested in watching the movie. It might be good, but I kind of wish/hope they focus on people committing other crimes in the city.

The trailer made me feel like the movie will only focus on this one family and the attackers.

Now, in the Subject of HHN, I really would wish that they made a scarezone or house even based on the idea of the Purge itself. What I mean is, it would be really cool if they made a house based on the concept of the Purge and not try to recreate any scenes from the movie. the possibilities are endless.

In my opinion on IPs, as long as the houses are good that's all that matters. But I still think the success of last year was mostly due to TWD and not all the IPs in general. The success of IPs depends on how hot the IP is. I'm thinking what would happen if there's no TWD this year and what kind of effect it would have on crowds. As for originals I think they'll still have one or two original houses like last time.

So you all want gore at HHN? I'm sorry but the gore we have had is very tame to what they can do... In the last few yrs I barely seen ANY blood.. Hell Foresaken was bloody but you only saw the blood with the lights on..

My gf hates gore and she thinks the gore she seen at HHN is very tame.. When I think of Gore I think of this...

601604_535481139830118_1631159920_n.jpg

389784_535731326471766_1194491544_n.jpg

1904_536532443058321_1878842756_n.jpg

When have you seen that kind of gore at HHN Orlando? NEVER! I hate gore to death but I think what I just posted would be awesome to see at HHN.

Also Im not saying purge would be a good SZ or Maze but your only basing this on a trailer... Not every movie can be turn into a maze...

• Like 4

Last time we had anything related to being gory to me (IMO) was the original Body Collectors. But the above images that Charles posted, that would do it. HHN Orlando has become so tame in the past few years, if I didn't know better.. I would think I was at Disney!.. Or it wasn't "Horror" at all!

For the hell of it, one year they should let the fans come up with a concept for 1 house and 1 scarezone and then let A&D create it! Up for that challenge Universal?

• Like 6

I can assure you that Evil Dead isn't happening this year......unless we possibly have a change in plans like we did last year.

You can assure that huh? Interesting. Especially when you said:

I assure nothing. Its early. Plans are being submitted but that doesn't mean they always are approved. Deals fall through, corporate changes their mind, and (as we saw last year) houses can be abandoned after they start building. Its part of the reason things don't get divulged too early. Another is... well people's jobs can be at stake.

I'm not saying yay or nay but we had an Evil Dead room already once... who's to say we wont have a house? I don't really care though I never liked the franchise and gore doesn't interest me but apparently its hot. We all know Universal Corporate is all about bringing in the masses. I wouldn't throw it off the table just yet.

• Like 1

So you all want gore at HHN? I'm sorry but the gore we have had is very tame to what they can do... In the last few yrs I barely seen ANY blood.. Hell Foresaken was bloody but you only saw the blood with the lights on..

My gf hates gore and she thinks the gore she seen at HHN is very tame.. When I think of Gore I think of this...

601604_535481139830118_1631159920_n.jpg

389784_535731326471766_1194491544_n.jpg

1904_536532443058321_1878842756_n.jpg

When have you seen that kind of gore at HHN Orlando? NEVER! I hate gore to death but I think what I just posted would be awesome to see at HHN.

Also Im not saying purge would be a good SZ or Maze but your only basing this on a trailer... Not every movie can be turn into a maze...

wow.....yeah..... yeah we will probably never see this kind of gory prop at HHN. I really doubt it.

I could already hear the complains of people.

You can assure that huh? Interesting. Especially when you said:

I assure nothing. Its early. Plans are being submitted but that doesn't mean they always are approved. Deals fall through, corporate changes their mind, and (as we saw last year) houses can be abandoned after they start building. Its part of the reason things don't get divulged too early. Another is... well people's jobs can be at stake.

I'm not saying yay or nay but we had an Evil Dead room already once... who's to say we wont have a house? I don't really care though I never liked the franchise and gore doesn't interest me but apparently its hot. We all know Universal Corporate is all about bringing in the masses. I wouldn't throw it off the table just yet.

When I said I wasn't 100% sold on what was on the table this year I just meant I'm not 100% happy about what was being presented, that's all haha but from what I have heard, what's currently in the works is all a 'for sure' up to this point. I mean I did say that there still is the chance that we could have a change in plans just as we did last year but we'll see. Never know with these guys :)

Edited by CoreySalyer

The purge sounds like a fantastic idea for hhn! Also once again insidious 2 comes out September 20th so that could be good for promotion of the movie and a killer house! Just my opinion on that. And as for gore, too much of it starts to make a house kinda comical. I think hhn does it right every year. That only my opinion though.

Even with all the gore we have year to year at HHNH, HHN 21 still did a better job than most years I've attended my coasts HHN, and it was 1000 times more scary. Granted, I prefer the more psychological story-driven approach as that scares me more.

My artistic interpretation of Dr. Jimmy's April fools HHN 23 "ALL SECRETS OF HHN 23 REVEALED!!!" Enjoy :D

http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/AndyHHN/media/drjimmy_zpsf2a552d9.png.html?sort=3&o=0

^ ^ WHOLE PARK MAP! ^ ^

If all the scare zones were dedicated to the Uni Monsters to celebrate 100 years I would flip my shit. Seriously. Each scare zone done up to look like a famous scene from the movies...

When I said I wasn't 100% sold on what was on the table this year I just meant I'm not 100% happy about what was being presented, that's all haha but from what I have heard, what's currently in the works is all a 'for sure' up to this point. I mean I did say that there still is the chance that we could have a change in plans just as we did last year but we'll see. Never know with these guys :)

You know all the plans? Last I heard there were a few "To be determined"s and things awaiting approval. Even when I get info this early on (even from extremely trusted sources) I have to take everything with a grain of salt until permits are pulled and construction begins. Take AWIL and The Chupacabrra house. They were a go. They even started construction... and the building got bulldozed. I still don't know what happened to AWIL last year. I mean I'm glad Dead end and Gothic happened. Silent Hill... Not so much.

I know a few certainties but overall still 60/40 on the rest.

• Like 3