Halloween Horror Nights 23 Wishful Thinking

Mark M.

The theme song for the 50's version:

This has nothing to do with speculation about haunted houses... but I just want to let you know that I've listened to this song about four times in a row. Thank you for posting it.

Also, throwing my guess behind the 99 Red Balloons guess. It just seems like it has weight. That was a horrible pun, oh my christ.

Edited by Circ

While enjoying popcorn with Charles and Corey, I would like to point out that even though this Ifrit character and I both encourage thinking - that does not mean we think alike.

Besides I was out at IOA with Charles when he/she/it posted that Instagram. And I still don't even know how to use Instagram.

Charles did you get this popcorn from your concession stand? Corey if you drop popcorn on the floor, Rosie will snap at it from under your bed.

• Like 2

I already know too much...so watching everyone speculate and see how close/far off they are is kind of entertaining *mooches off of Charles' popcorn* haha

I concur that it is fun to watch people guess. Some on the nose some way off base. ! mean I must! I'm supposed to be on hiatus but I keep logging in... What's wrong with me? I may not even get to go and tarnish my close to perfect record... so why hype myself up? simple I love the build up as much as (if not more than) the event itself.

But there is a bit of frustration in it too when people don't get it. Also the burden of knowing, not being able to say, and constantly being scrutinized when things do leak. Its a double-edge sword. I understand why people like our late Emeric, Doc, and The Ifrit do what they do. It's hard to keep secrets completely... and what is the fun in it if we are kept completely in the dark for 6 months?

While enjoying popcorn with Charles and Corey, I would like to point out that even though this Ifrit character and I both encourage thinking - that does not mean we think alike.

Besides I was out at IOA with Charles when he/she/it posted that Instagram. And I still don't even know how to use Instagram.

Charles did you get this popcorn from your concession stand? Corey if you drop popcorn on the floor, Rosie will snap at it from under your bed.

The fact you don't think alike was proven last year.

Let's see if the Ifrit can do better this year. Besides, it's something to do. It entertains during the wait.

It also gives a chance for the younger generation to learn.

The doomsday clock and Cold War were still talked about in my youth. I was 9 when the Wall fell. I remember watching the news stories. I did my Current Affairs project on the fall. It was one of those moments in time that stay with you.

Btw, the doomsday clock's last official reading was 5 minutes to midnight. This was in January 2012. I wonder if it will be changed soon.

Good analysis of last years joke. But if you think about it there were "beasts" last year...

The point though, is that yesterday's videos were a joke. There may be something in there you will actually see.

The real clue was in today's video.

Balloons.

Doc, you actually had me laughing rather loudly when you said, "pair-a-docs". Nothing beats a good pun. I mean after all I AM the guy that went and got a bear tattoo split across the top of both of my feet just to say I had "Bear feet".

Anyways, back to what I said a couple pages ago about hoping for an Evil Dead house? Yeah.....about that...

After seeing it last night....No way in hell will that be able to happen.

********************SPOILER ALERT*********************

When a movie so unbelievably gory feels cutting a girls own face off with a shattered mirror, or someone ripping their tongue in 2 with a box cutter isn't ENOUGH gore, what does that movie do?

Obviously they just let all hell (see? I told you guys I enjoyed bad puns) break loose and make the sky rain blood.

While I am a huge fan of the original series, there is NOOOOOOOOO WAY they would make a house based on the new one.

of the original series, there is NOOOOOOOOO WAY they would make a house based on the new one.

Here's an idea...How about we DON'T have an evil dead house?...Think about it..Do we really want a bunch of let down IP houses again like last year? To be honest I hope American Werewolf in London is the only IP house this year if there are any..

Here's an idea...How about we DON'T have an evil dead house?...Think about it..Do we really want a bunch of let down IP houses again like last year? To be honest I hope American Werewolf in London is the only IP house this year if there are any...

Do you really believe that or is that wishful thinking? With all the $$ they raked in last year BC of the IPs... You bet your bippy they want it again.

IPs are fine to me (Although I want more originals). Switching them mid design/build is completely another thing.

^ This. (I keep doing that haha)

For those of you who are super anti-IP, you might be in a rude awakening this year. But let's remember that the reason why last year's IPs weren't so hot was because of limitations and designs getting changed last minute. Rumor has it that construction for this years' event is starting in a few weeks. That only leads me to believe that they're pretty set on what they have right now. This only means that a lot of thought has gone into these and a lot care is going to go into the building process as well.

Although I'm not 100% sold on what I do know, I have no doubt that they will find a way to make it all amazing. I could see them taking these potential ideas and making them some really cool houses.

• Like 2

Do you really believe that or is that wishful thinking? With all the $$ they raked in last year BC of the IPs... You bet your bippy they want it again.

IPs are fine to me (Although I want more originals). Switching them mid design/build is completely another thing.

I think it was all due to TWD and not all of the IPs. AC isn't enough of a draw of that size and P&T were barely even advertised.

Yep since I get it for free :)

Knott's had the rights last yr and there is no telling if they got the rights this yr

ED is too gory for HHN Orlando.. We have had gory houses in the past but at the same time there wasnt very gory

since doing an extreme house is a legal nightmare, maybe they'll do an "R-rated" house. just put some extra disclaimers about the content and let guests decide if they want to subject themselves to it

• Like 1

ED is too gory for HHN Orlando.. We have had gory houses in the past but at the same time there wasnt very gory

Evil Dead would be a great house for HHN. And which houses were gory but not? Come on, we have had plenty of "true gore" houses in the past. Bloodengutz had Santa's head blown off, a grandma that was made into a turkey, bloody elves running around. Saw had multiple traps. Saw's N Steam, Body Collectors, Scary Tales, Scream House, Run: Hostile Territory, Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Flesh Wounds, and not to mention Leave It To Cleaver... Orlando could handle Evil Dead.

Perfect Scenes for the ED house....

-Forest Scene

-Finding the book in the basement

-Boiling shower water scene

-Face Cutting

-Nail Gun

-Girl chopping off her arm

-"All hell breaks loose"

-Demon coming from ground

These aren't very much spoiler alerts because they don't go into detail of the scenes but I put it there just incase someone didn't want to read them and they are planning on seeing the movie

• Like 4

I think they could totally do an Evil Dead house and just tone the gore down. Why not?

Besides what you see on screen doesn't have to look exactly the same in the house. some of the gore stuff in the movie might not look so bad with props in real life, I mean, does gore really translate that well when it is done in houses?

Look at the SAW house. the house was not really as gory as the movies are. It couldn't be. ( I Know Evil Dead might be more Gory than SAW and I am not comparing the two!) I am just saying,

I don't see why they couldn't do an Evil Dead house. The gore in the house will never be like it was in the movie, Even if they copy the gory scenes to make them into rooms.

Edited by Mr. Black

I can assure you that Evil Dead isn't happening this year......unless we possibly have a change in plans like we did last year. But I honestly don't see that happening either so you all need to rule Evil Dead out. Like I mentioned. Construction could be starting as early as the end of this month, which means they're dead set on what they have right now. The chances of them conceptualizing, designing, and properly building a house with a movie that JUST came out is extremely unlikely. It could happen, but don't get your hopes up. Now, next year, that's a whole different story....

The closest thing HHN ever had to an Evil Dead house is the year I decorated my cube (back when I was working there) with lovecraftian images, articles about myths & legends, historical looking artifacts, my evil dead DVD necronomicon cover, and had knowby's recordings playing on loop. I lost the contest to a dollar store cartoon glow in the dark ghost and black garbage bags.

While I was watching ED, I saw a preview for a Universal film called Purge. I looked pretty interesting since the idea is that for only one day every year, all murder and crime is legal, with the killers having Stranger like masks. Do you guys think that would most likely my at HHN this year?

While I was watching ED, I saw a preview for a Universal film called Purge. I looked pretty interesting since the idea is that for only one day every year, all murder and crime is legal, with the killers having Stranger like masks. Do you guys think that would most likely my at HHN this year?

Yes I do! I think this needs to be a house!