Halloween Horror Nights 23 Wishful Thinking

Mark M.

I don't have any problem sharing IPs...It's just when they make the IPs the only center of attention and then they end up being terrible *cough* last year *cough*...I honestly think A&D did not want to have TWD , Silent Hill, or Alice Cooper cause as you can see they obviously put more effort into those houses in Hollywood were as in Orlando it looked like poop! Now when we shared The Thing in 2011 I thought that house was really good and it actually scared me!! I just don't want them to have IPs that are forced on them by marketing and stuff. It's gonna make me expect less from the IPs. I don't get it...We all know Hollywood makes GREAT IP houses. And Orlando makes GREAT original houses! But whenever Orlando try's to make an IP house most of the time the house sucks and is not comparable to Hollywoods...Doesn't that tell you something??...Just please whatever IPs we may get this year I hope they're not forced..because if they're than you can already put them at the bottom of the list for failed houses of HHN 23. Oh and can you at least get a real them? I like Icons but we don't need one...But we do need a strong theme to hold the event together in place. "No Escape" was not a true theme...it only related to the streets.

• Like 1

I would love a Duel Run house but I dont think well see that again... I think TWD should go to the back of the park (Parade)

As much as everybody loves BloodenGutz I might note the main actor who played him has retired from UO and I really dont see him coming back to do it.

Doesn't mean he couldn't come back for at least a few months for the character. Being a Icon doesn't take much work, just a month or two of filming for commercials and possible queue videos.

• Like 1

If your not a big fan of IP's then just dont plan on going to HHN that much within the next few yrs.. Just buy a 1 night ticket and see if you like it or not.. If you do then get a FFP.

I'm not a big fan of IP's myself but it is what it is.. There is nothing we can do about it.

Not necessarily.

the houses in 2007 for the most part were amazing. They were really well done and were scary and amazing to look at.

Saw was a really good house for me. I know some people hated it but I thought it was great. Wolfman was not perfect but it was better than the houses we got last year.

The Thing 2011 was a really really good house. I loved that house so much.

Silent Hill, Walking dead, Alice Cooper and Penn and Teller were not really the best they have worked on. They did not amaze me like the other houses I just mentioned. They were just lacking.

(or all the houses in 2011 for example, Almost every house in 2011 was really really amazing, the houses in 2012 felt like a drop in quality a little bit.)

I usually used to love having IP houses, some of my favorites are IP houses. But last year they just didn't have that level of greatness I come to expect from this event. I am not saying I completely hated the event last year. Just that you could tell the houses were not as good as previous years

I just don't know how to put it in words..... but last year did not feel like a typical Halloween Horror Nights event for me. Sure the houses were all the same (same places as always, same effects, same props etc) but the event overall just didn't feel like it used to before. felt less so.

exactly. You guys are right, it is all about execution. I don't know what happened last year behind doors, but having to cancel American Werewolf, getting the Chupacabra house canceled as well and getting all these Hollywood IPs dumped on us kind of sounds chaotic.

• Like 1

Since last year was a milestone for HHN for using a video game franchise as a house, maybe they can start a new trend perhaps? My wishful thinking wants to either have Resident Evil, Bioshock, etc. as a house. I would be so overjoyed if they made this happen at HHN.

We sorta had Bioshock house already ;)

I'm just going to go a head and just drop the whole IP debate.. there is no point to it anymore.. I've came to the conclusion there isnt anything we can do about it.. We have had IP's every since 1991.. I'll go to the event and love it for what it is, no matter what.. I do love seeing though what other Haunts have to offer, that is one of the many reasons why I made my site.

At the end of the day we are all here for the same reason and that because we love HHN. Regardless of how many IPs there are this year we are still all going to attend the event. Original concepts are by FAR my favourite and the best houses IMO but the lack of them wont stop me going. It is a shame to see less and less of them but we will all go along in September and October and have a blast just like we do every year. So although there may be disappointment upon some of us, the reality is it will all be forgotten when we are at HHN23!! :D

• Like 3

Hey guys, haven't been on in a bit, so sorry if this was already said....but:

With the new Evil Dead movie coming out next week, and especially considering how creepy it looks, is anyone thinking we might get an ED house? Or at least something along those lines?

(And of course any house that deals with ED has to be house of the year, so long as you don't go for more than 4 hours ;) )

Hey guys, haven't been on in a bit, so sorry if this was already said....but: With the new Evil Dead movie coming out next week, and especially considering how creepy it looks, is anyone thinking we might get an ED house? Or at least something along those lines? (And of course any house that deals with ED has to be house of the year, so long as you don't go for more than 4 hours ;) )
If we had the jaws queue maybe but I honestly think if we were to get any ip houses this year it would be an insidious house. Why? Insidious is a very popular movie, insidious 2 comes out September 20th and they already used 2 of James wans movies

What?

JWFearman is evolving!

Congratulations! You're JWFearman evolved into JDW!

Huh? what was that all about?

Anyway I agree with Legacy on AWIL. Good chance we'll see it this year and if not definitely at some point.

I'm on the fence with IPs. Done right they are good. But when you change the house three times before opening.. eh.

apparently people liked them though so... who am I to say?

Yeah I like the original stuff better. But i just want the houses done well.

• Like 2

Hey guys, haven't been on in a bit, so sorry if this was already said....but:

With the new Evil Dead movie coming out next week, and especially considering how creepy it looks, is anyone thinking we might get an ED house? Or at least something along those lines?

(And of course any house that deals with ED has to be house of the year, so long as you don't go for more than 4 hours ;) )

I think we wont get ED for a couple reasons..

1) Knotts had the rights last yr, and there is no telling if they still do

2) Have you seen the trailer? Its extremely gory and we dont have that kind of gore at HHN.. Hell we dont have much gore at all...

I think we wont get ED for a couple reasons..

1) Knotts had the rights last yr, and there is no telling if they still do

2) Have you seen the trailer? Its extremely gory and we dont have that kind of gore at HHN.. Hell we dont have much gore at all...

Well, I DO seem to recall a gore discussion a while back...Step it up Uni!!

• Like 1

Yeah it would be virtually impossible to do an Evil Dead house the right way at HHN without the gore factor that it has. And lets say hypothetically they did do an Evil Dead house at HHN but with hardly any gore. People would say, Man that house really sucked because it wasn't done right or They really skimped on the gore in that house. So it looks like a lose lose situation anyways. :unsure:

I really miss the coulrophobic factor. Though who am I to speak. I think a revisited clowns zone would be really good. But blah I suppose tis just my bias. Oh does anyone know if they will do ScareZones? Sorry if it has been previously discussed...

I said before I really wish we got some Clowns with Chainsaws for Orlando. I really really wish to see that over here. I don't even care if we don't have real scarezones this year as well. I just want to see some clowns with chainsaws in the streets of Universal.

Now, it is true that clowns have been used before in the past

and that Jack pretty much made everyone hate clowns all together.

but how many times has HHN used vampires? or ghosts? Or Zombies even.....

I mean, yeah maybe they have used clowns in the past, and maybe they shouldn't be used again, but the same could be said for Vampires Ghosts or Zombies. Yet they have been used so much already. (some of them used year after year, like ghosts)

I still want to see clowns used again. Maybe not in a house but I really want to see a scarezone.

• Like 1

Let's say TWD comes back to Orlando for 2013, when was the last time we had a house and a sequel back to back?

Its been a while is my guess... Scary Tales were all spread out.. Body Collectors was 05, and 08.... I really cant remember to be honest.

Were the first two Screamhouses back to back? Or Psychoscareapy?

Screamhouse in 2002 and Screamhouse Revisited in 2003 were back to back houses.

Screamhouse Resurrection was in 2006

Psychoscareapy Maximum Madness in 2006 and Psychoscareapy Home for the Holidays in 2007 were back to back houses.

Psychoscareapy was in 2003 and Psychoscareapy Echos of Shadybrook was in 2010

Scary Tales in 2001 and Scary Tales II in 2002 were back to back houses.

Scary Tales III Once upon a Nightmare was in 2008.

• Like 1