Halloween Horror Nights 23 Wishful Thinking

Mark M.

Also... for the record... the concept of Something Wicked This Way Comes being utilized in some capacity at HHN has been thought of before. Just maybe not in actual specuation.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8102/8473370139_01dbc660e4_c.jpg

Being the giant book reader that I am, I would love it so much if they actually went along with this! However, it would probably never happen, due to it going over the head of everyone else attending.

One thing I realized last year during HHN that I hope comes to fruition is how Orlando can incorporate the event and calendar years simultaneously from now until 2019. For a visual example, this year's logo would be awesome if it looked something like this:

Halloween Horror Nights 2013

Wouldn't be an annual logo, but I tthink it looks cool enough to be used once or twice between now and 2019

• Like 1

who doesn't believe the "Harlem shake" will make it into Bill and Ted? That thing is everywhere. Of course with the cultural singularity-like nature of our society... maybe be old hat in a week. :P

All I have to say is that Harlem Shake is a thousand times better than Gangan style (spelled wrong I know lol) and it is shorter too, I prefer the Harlem shake song a lot more. I am so tired of the G style song... :chainsaw:

• Like 1

Oh please no more Harlem Shake. I just don't get what's so entertaining about it lol

i think ultimately the internet is a very immature dumb place lol, 4chan and reddit are responsible for stuff like this becoming famous. sometimes I think the internet is governed by 14 year olds <_<

• Like 1

I love Something Wicked This Way Comes but I want to see The Halloween Tree instead.

I agree with you man. the Halloween Tree would make a great house. SWTWC has always been a favorite of mine as well though. Would be one of the few carnival house I would love to see.

• Like 1

Being the giant book reader that I am, I would love it so much if they actually went along with this! However, it would probably never happen, due to it going over the head of everyone else attending.

It seems like most people here are acquainted with Bradbury's work, and so you know how dark his novels/short stories can be. I would love to see any of his macabre writings turned into houses (I would fan-girl so bad). Something Wicked This Way Comes would be wonderful, the Halloween Tree would as well, and some stories from The October Country could translate well into houses. Just talking about this makes me so excited. I guess my Bradbury is Mystique's Goones. :P

Edited by TsunamiFox

More from Murdy... again not sure how much of what he say pertains to us.

Brief moment to update ya on HHN 2013 "happenings." Lots of movement on multiple fronts for potential maze properties this week....

Getting very close to landing a very big fish...feeling very confident we will. This is one fans request A LOT! I'd say its 90% now....

As for the pitch I did the other day...went extremely well. Gonna start generating the creative concept to take it to the next level....

The first step is what we call a "Beat List" 1-2 page summary of the maze, scene by scene. If that goes well, we'll do the full treatment

I've said previously that this one would be a surprise...something I grew up with that would make a hell of a maze. Very dark subject

The thought of creating this maze actually scares me....gonna have to go to a very dark place to create it...occupational hazard! LOL

All I can right now is that it would be something we've never done before...or anyone for that matter. Not a done deal but looking good.

As for the script I was reading...I think it would work as a maze though not a typical one. Want to meet with the filmmakers next....

It's always our preference to work directly with the creative talent behind any property we do...these filmmakers want to be involved....

There's a couple other movie properties that we're chasing that are getting closer to reality, neither we've done before...both well known

There's one property that I've finished the full treatment on but even that might not make the cut...why you ask? I'll tell you....

We're probably gonna end up with more options that we have slots to fill. So even though we could make the deal, they might not make the cut

• Like 3

It seems like most people here are acquainted with Bradbury's work, and so you know how dark his novels/short stories can be. I would love to see any of his macabre writings turned into houses (I would fan-girl so bad). Something Wicked This Way Comes would be wonderful, the Halloween Tree would as well, and some stories from The October Country could translate well into houses. Just talking about this makes me so excited. I guess my Bradbury is Mystique's Goones. :P

I would LOVE a house based on the October Country. Or Halloween Tree. Anything Bradbury would be fun.

• Like 3

I felt the need to start this thread after reading this gem.

"Since u guys usually make 6 to 7 mazes,..... U guys should defenetly make mazes of "Mama", "The Walking Dead", "Halloween Michael Myers", "Saw" "Freddy Cougar", "Marylin Manson", "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" & "The Hills have Eyes" this movies would be great to be the mazes of HHN 2013, and instead of Alice Cooper, I think Marilyn Manson would be better this year.... Just an opinion ..."

"Freddy Cougar"....next year he'll be Freddy Mellencamp following in the footsteps of his favorite singer.

Marilyn Manson in general is scary, there is really no need for a maze is there?

Yes, because two separate lines along with the express pass line won't make it anymore confusing to all the drunk people or slow the lines down even moreso....genius! :blink:

I felt the need to start this thread after reading this gem.

"Since u guys usually make 6 to 7 mazes,..... U guys should defenetly make mazes of "Mama", "The Walking Dead", "Halloween Michael Myers", "Saw" "Freddy Cougar", "Marylin Manson", "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" & "The Hills have Eyes" this movies would be great to be the mazes of HHN 2013, and instead of Alice Cooper, I think Marilyn Manson would be better this year.... Just an opinion ..."

That is exactly why Marilyn Manson would be such an amazing maze if they did it,

because he is one of the few artists that is actually Really scary (Or was scary)

His videos are like small horror movies, full of horrific imagery, dirty, just perfect.

I mean imagine stepping into this in a maze

I mean Look at this video, this is definitely Maze/house material, take the music off (or watch it on Mute) and it is kind of like a horror movie

Yes the music might suck, but just like with Alice Cooper that doesn't matter at all, Most people today don't even really like Alice, at least not the young crowds that go to HHN, That didn't stop then from making their houses.

Marilyn Manson was pretty much like the Alice Cooper of the 90s, It only makes sense that they would base a house on him if they could. specially because it would actually be scary (compare to the Alice house in Orlando for example) A Manson house would Actually scare,

it might never happen. Murdy is probably not a fan, Marilyn doesn't really have a big fan base like Alice, Who knows if Manson would even say yes to the idea.

but as far as using his ideas from videos and music, I would believe that would be one terrifying house. No doubt.

tell me these don't look like they would go in a HHN house?

http://youtu.be/MmfQ7gSaJgM

tumblr_m64p2zPhPo1rnsrt2o1_400.jpgtumblr_lqbaufILIQ1r1qqf3o1_500.jpg

antichrist-superstar2.jpgtumblr_m4p8i9wdC01qfwtqwo1_400.jpg

Edited by Mr. Black

That is exactly why Marilyn Manson would be such an amazing maze if they did it, because he is one of the few artists that is actually Really scary (Or was scary)

His videos are like small horror movies, full of horrific imagery, dirty, just perfect.

I mean imagine stepping into this in a maze

I mean Look at this, this is definitely Maze/house material, take the music off (or watch it on Mute) and it is kind of like a horror movie

tell me these don't look like they would go in a HHN house? Yes the music might suck, just like with Alice Cooper that doesn't matter at all,

Marilyn Manson was pretty much like the Alice Cooper of the 90s, It only makes sense that they would base a house on him if they could. specially because it would actually be scary (compare to the Alice house in Orlando for example)

Never been a fan of Marilyn Manson at all. I think simply because he did try to be so shocking, so avante guard and non-mainstream, that's been done in every generation. And for me he's scary in a "yeap, he needs to have his meds checked" kinda scary, not a Halloween kind of scary. But again, that's what is great about the event, if a house like this would come to fruition, there would be plenty of folks who would love it!

If they did a Manson house based on his music, it would have the same problems that the AC house had, in my opinion. If you're a fan of his songs, you'll get it. If not, then it'll be a jumbled mess of images. And a really effective, scary house needs to be more than that. If they had him create an original maze, maybe. I don't know, houses based on musicians and their work just doesn't have a large appeal to me in general. In events like this, music should be the atmosphere, not the focus. There's plenty of other stuff to draw from that's much more creatively freeing.

Never been a fan of Marilyn Manson at all. I think simply because he did try to be so shocking, so avante guard and non-mainstream, that's been done in every generation. And for me he's scary in a "yeap, he needs to have his meds checked" kinda scary, not a Halloween kind of scary. But again, that's what is great about the event, if a house like this would come to fruition, there would be plenty of folks who would love it!

As far as being a fan I understand, but I was not a fan of Alice Cooper, actually a lot of people are not fans, yet the house was made. so I guess you don't have to like the music but you can try to enjoy the house.

As far as being scary. Manson the person might have tried too hard like you said,

but you cannot deny his videos are kind of horrible lol. I mean at least in the 90s his videos felt like the movie Se7en. or Saw to a degree. (even thought Saw came later)

so Visually speaking they could use his videos for reference, doesn't really have to do with the music or the artist (the person) itself, but he has a lot of f-ked up imagery in his videos and in the cds. His concerts also had some pretty weird stuff in them.

Not necessarily, because like I Said above, the difference is that Manson has a lot of really weird and creepy visuals in his videos CD booklets and his performances, If they took all his videos and made a house from it I think it could work.

Like I said, his videos have that kind of Se7en vibe to them. some of his costumes are weird or grotesque. It wouldn't have to be about the music and the lyrics alone like they did with Alice. they could incorporate his imagery into the house as well.

The house would probably have a lot of religious imagery and costumes, priest costumes, nun costumes, some satanic imagery as well, goats, pentagrams, stuff that is pretty common with Metal.

So it would not have to be like the Alice house where it was a mess of images. I mean, yes it would be a mess of images :lol:

but I wouldn't think you would have to be familiar with his lyrics for the house to work.

Edited by Mr. Black

The difference between Manson and Coopers music is, you can sing a long to Cooper and enjoy a song or two. Manson is just terrible.

Thats because Alice is experimental rock/ glam and Manson is Industrial metal/ alternative metal :lol:

(I take it you did not like the scarezone 7?)

That's like saying Slayer is terrible because you can't sing along lol.

I'm okay with WHATEVER HHN does seeing as they've never disappointed me. 2013 is gonna be my 10th year in a row at HHN and i hope its amazing(as it always is)

But if i had to pick some random stuff to put out there, it would be....

1. CHAINSAWS, MORE AND MORE. just cuz i love shitting my pants everytime i hear the noise getting closer and closer. Maybe mix some Dude chainsaws with some crazy chick chainsaws. Cuz the Prisoners last year were PSYCHOTIC<3

2. Make the park creepier. Like when i went to HHN 2004, 2005, & 2007, the music at the entrance scared me, the fog, the dark lighting, everything inside the park made me paranoid to go keep walking. I feel like HHN should stop using Soundtrack music and return to Nox Arcana & Midnight Syndicate,

HHN needs to us feel like we're in a dark nightmare, and not in a 6 hour theme park event.

3. Clowns would be nice.... Clowns with chainsaws would be nicer...

4. Chick Dancers would be awesome c;

5. Make the Scareactors less picture friendly (unless its us HNN members, then be as friendly as you want with us XD) I hate going into a scarezone and finding camera flashes thrown everywhere like its a Disney character meet & greet. Not only does it ruin the experience, but it sometimes takes time away from the actors that wanna scare instead of having a camera shoved in their faces every 2 seconds.

And 6. Better scenery. Like in some zones/houses it feels like what i buy at party city would be WAY scarier. i know HHN has problems cuz of money and stuff, thats understandable, but at least make it seem like you guys worked hard on it. (If that sentence seemed insulting i apologize.... )

last thing, shows i could care less, as long as Bill&Ted is there im cool with it

I wish they could open T2:3D during HHN hours :(

• Like 1

So, having now seen The Harlem Shake (haven't actually had a chance to until now), two thoughts pop into my head.

1) Wha???

2) I can very easily see this AND Gangnam Style in this year's B&T show. Probably one right after the other. And I will weep, because the new tradition of the show now calling out random things for no other reason than to remind us that it was a thing will surely continue.

I feel old...

On to a different topic. Is anyone hoping for a franchise house this year? Think we'll be seeing the return of something from the last few years? Maybe Saws'n'Steam Pt 3, or the return of H.R. Bloodengutz? What about something from the Icon years (besides the icons)?

• Like 2