Halloween Horror Nights 23 Wishful Thinking

Mark M.

You talking about that South America legend? We so some the mask they were planning with the Beast hored.

Yes that. I assume since they already used some of the costuming that was gonna be for that house it's a slim chance it will even show up this year in the house line up...?

Is it possible that we could see a certain house this year at HHN 23 that was suppose be at HHN 22 but then got scrapped from the event due to its location being demolished?...

Yes. Just like it being entirely possible the American Werewolf house will show up as well.

• Like 10

Man eating plants would be cool. I don't think its been done. Or could always do my cordceps zombie idea... Call it the fungus Among us or something.

Perhaps a house based on dangerous flora. I actually had an idea of turning my soul Tree into a SCP case file. A discovered plant is brought back and not only takes over but infects people and turns them into a tree... kind of a eco-terrorist plant.

and insanity in '99 which I thought was awesome. Bits and pieces of one of the Norman Bates houses.. and I think another. Of course everyone's favorites PS and PSII.

PSIII one was the worst of them all. I love insane asylums. A big fear of mine is not being able to predict people. So children, drunks, and the mentally handicap disturb me. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

Love the cordceps zombie idea! And it would also play into the inevitable popularity of the new PS3 game coming out called The Last of Us.

• Like 1

Not sure I can see anymore Doctor Who being integrated into HHN without it sucking even more of the "Halloweenieness" out of the event....even if there are vampires involved. I've seen vampires in various forms utilized enough at this event that if they never show up again that wouldn't be a bad thing in my book. It'd be great to see some type of urban legend house/folklore kind of house.

Again, all just my random opinions and none of which mean much of anything to anyone but me.... B)

• Like 1

Not sure I can see anymore Doctor Who being integrated into HHN without it sucking even more of the "Halloweenieness" out of the event....even if there are vampires involved. I've seen vampires in various forms utilized enough at this event that if they never show up again that wouldn't be a bad thing in my book. It'd be great to see some type of urban legend house/folklore kind of house.

Again, all just my random opinions and none of which mean much of anything to anyone but me.... B)

i would love to see a house like that too! huge fan of non-ip houses. lets take a look at HHN21, that year there were no ip houses and i personally think it was one of my favorite years ever. so much great content created by a&d.

i would love to see a house like that too! huge fan of non-ip houses. lets take a look at HHN21, that year there were no ip houses and i personally think it was one of my favorite years ever. so much great content created by a&d.

HHN 21 really had some of the best houses I've seen at the event. One of my favorite years house wise. I don't really think that year had a bad house, Sure I loved some houses more than others, but every house was pretty much awesome. The streets in hhn 21 were not as good, but the houses were amazing.

Kind of the opposite with HHN22, where the hordes had better costumes and better stories but the houses in 22 were not awesome.

Nice!

I just took the HHN 23 pricing survey... very short.

I also found the HHN 22 survey afterwards.. which was loooooooooooooooooooooong

But I got some awesome criticism in... and I gushed a bit over A&D at the end :P

I didn't do the pricing survey, though I probably should.

And yes, the HHN 22 survey was VERYYYYYY LONG! JW and I agreed that we both spent about 3 hours completing it! It was worth it though, and I'm part of the Universal's survey panel or whatever it's called because I think they're fun. So it was worth it to me and I had fun doing it. I as well worked in some criticism but fan-girled over Unearthed and a couple other things. I also mentioned for HHN to push the fright and intensity as far they are allowed to; push the envelope and be more balls-y again. Though I worded it more eloquently then that, haha.

And the new teaser site is interesting. I kind of like it, but it reminds me a bit of 22....and we all don't want another site like 22s...... *shudders*

• Like 3

I didn't do the pricing survey, though I probably should.

And yes, the HHN 22 survey was VERYYYYYY LONG! JW and I agreed that we both spent about 3 hours completing it! It was worth it though, and I'm part of the Universal's survey panel or whatever it's called because I think they're fun. So it was worth it to me and I had fun doing it. I as well worked in some criticism but fan-girled over Unearthed and a couple other things. I also mentioned for HHN to push the fright and intensity as far they are aloud to; push the envelope and be more balls-y again. Though I worded it more eloquently then that, haha.

And the new teaser site is interesting. I kind of like it, but it reminds me a bit of 22....and we all don't want another site like 22s...... *shudders*

I did not get these surveys and I'm part of the panel as well.

Where are my surveys?

*angrily refreshes her email accounts*

Its a generic site, not a teaser site...

TJ and Rick are up to something.. Keep an eye on LT/HU

That's what I meant, sorry. :P

I did not get these surveys by email. It started with me going to the Universal website and getting randomly selected to take a survey for the website. After that was complete it asked if I wanted to do more surveys (it had a list of them). I saw the HHN survey and clicked it and voila!

I got my survey by email... Apparently the site forgets you're on the panel as I seem to have to re-up it every couple months.

You should be able to get to them by logging in here

The pricing survey was simply feeling out how much they can raise ticket prices and what your preferences are for ticket options. Nothing new or earth shaking.

The HHN 22 survey has been around a while and it pretty much asks you to rank every facet of the event. You can make comments on every house, the hordes, shows, etc.

How is it possible none of you are forming opinions on who they are talking to this morning?? Have you seen the tweets?

"Happy Bloody Valentine's Day (little nod to HHN 2009). About to pitch someone we've never worked with before for HHN 2013"

"...so this is a very important call that could make or break the deal... no pressure.. LOL. The behind the scenes of this is pretty funny.."

"In the last 48 hours I've slept exactly 5 hours.. I'm not exactly sharp this morning so need to conjure up my inner carny and sell this deal"

"I've never met this person before so should be an interesting call.. If it happens it will certainly surprise the fans of HHN"

"And when I say surprise the fans I mean I've never even heard this even being suggested in the last 7 years of HHN.. but you all know it"

"It's not even my idea, Chris came up with it but its something we both grew up with that would be very, very scary.. I'd be afraid to do it"

Of course, I responeded to his first Tweet saying "OH PLEASE let it be Stephen King" - but obviously, with his last tweet, it isn't. <sigh>

How is it possible none of you are forming opinions on who they are talking to this morning?? Have you seen the tweets?

Cuz I don't use twitter unless I have to. :)

Those are from Murdy... so it may not pertain to us as he is on Hollywood's side.. but then again it could. nice find!

and you got another

• Like 1

"Happy Bloody Valentine's Day (little nod to HHN 2009). About to pitch someone we've never worked with before for HHN 2013"

"...so this is a very important call that could make or break the deal... no pressure.. LOL. The behind the scenes of this is pretty funny.."

"In the last 48 hours I've slept exactly 5 hours.. I'm not exactly sharp this morning so need to conjure up my inner carny and sell this deal"

"I've never met this person before so should be an interesting call.. If it happens it will certainly surprise the fans of HHN"

"And when I say surprise the fans I mean I've never even heard this even being suggested in the last 7 years of HHN.. but you all know it"

"It's not even my idea, Chris came up with it but its something we both grew up with that would be very, very scary.. I'd be afraid to do it"

Of course, I responeded to his first Tweet saying "OH PLEASE let it be Stephen King" - but obviously, with his last tweet, it isn't. <sigh>

so it is something old, something that has not been suggested in the last 7 years of HHN, but we all know it?

Inner Carny? carnival?

Could be anything really. If they didn't do Alice Cooper already I would have guessed Alice Cooper,

Maybe they are talking with Ozzy Osbourne?

"something we both grew up with that would be very, very scary.. I'd be afraid to do it"

Kiss?

Edited by Mr. Black

Something that they grew up with (I'm guessing they're in their 30s or 40s). Something that hasn't been done at HHN but that people know about. Something that would scare even them. Hmmm . . . only thing that comes to mind is George Romero, but walking dead just happened so I doubt that. And I hardly think that they'd be scared of zombies. George also worked on the tales from the dark side series, but I don't think he has any rights to it. Stephen king makes sense, but that's already been ruled out. Spielberg and poltergeist maybe?

"That's how Chris & I have always worked. We both have to agree 100% on a property for a maze. This one would be very different.."

"It's certainly strange to be alternating between diaper duty and reading a horror movie script.. guess we compartmentalize stuff"

"But how do I tell this screenwriter that my daughter pooped on his script? Hey.. it's Hollywood. I'm sure he's used to that!"

I generally avoid Twitter as well - I really hate it as a general rule as I feel only narcissistic assholes use it regularly. However, I do follow anything HHN related just in case there is worthy news.

I guess it would help to know how old these guys are. And yes, I realize whatever they come up with may not translate at all, but it's still interesting.

horror movies of the 60's
Blood Feast
(1962) and 2000 Maniacs (1964)

Little Shop of Horrors (1960)

The Curse of the Werewolf (1961)

The Birds (1963)
Dance of the Vampires a/k/a The Fearless Vampire Killers, or Pardon Me, But Your Teeth Are in My Neck (1966)

Spider Baby a/k/a The Maddest Story Ever Told a/k/a Cannibal Orgy (1964)

Witchfinder General a/k/a The Conqueror Worm (1968)

Repulsion (1965)

La Maschera del Demonio a/k/a Black Sunday (1960)
Rosemary's Baby (1968)

Night of the Living Dead (1968)

Psycho (1960)
The Pit and the Pendulum (1961)

Phantom of the Opera (1962)

Kiss of the Vampire (1964)

Kill, Baby, Kill! a/k/a Operazione Paura (1966)

Interesting something wicked this was comes came out in 1983 as a movie BUT was a book in 1962. That would account for his carnival quote.

Or... Carnival of souls

we all know the 50's is full of Universal properties. CFTBL, Dracula Frankenstein, Werewolf, The Fly, etc. A ton of silly forgetable movies...

Oh no... plan 9 from outer space! :P