Halloween Horror Nights 23 Wishful Thinking

Mark M.

the freedom for the actors and the no safe zones could be done in traditional scarezones (Makes me wonder why they never tried this before)

I am getting kinda worried that Hordes are here to stay. Since there is no space in the streets for props. And while they could do movable set pieces I would not be surprised if they Don't, not surprised If they are not even thinking about this.

If hordes are the new scarezones because of space, Then I really hope they at least make them stay in one place. It would be okay if never get real scarezones again but I Would just ask them to please don't make them change places, I Think that was the thing that annoyed me the most last year.

I make the wish that the hordes stay in one place and that I won't have to go look for them all night long. (That was not fun at all).

It is cool if the actors go anywhere they want but I don't want to have to chase the hordes again. The best thing about the Walking Dead zone is that they were always there, I probably spend the most time of the month in the Walking Dead zone Just because I knew they will be there,

Many times I wanted to see the Traditionals or the prisoners and I would end up getting to the warriors or the beasts. That really sucked. I kinda hope they don't do that again.

ever

Edited by Mr. Black

I'm trying to remember and look through the info here on the main page but has there ever been house (or street) about/featuring aliens? The Thing houses don't count. I'm talking about "little green/grey men." I remember Interstellar Terror but that was about a human crew from Earth coming back from wherever and going insane and no aliens if I remember correctly. The idea of aliens, good (E.T., CEoT3K) or bad (Alien(s), Fourth Kind, Dark Skies), scares the crap out of me. Ghosts, demons, etc. are scary but are Earthbound ideas/lore (I do believe in ghosts) but with aliens, there seems to be so many different stories out there. Different species, types of UFO's, etc. and they still aren't explained and no one knows what any of their intentions are. I don't know which would be scarier to me, a house based on an alien ship (you're abducted and end up wandering the ship) or a house/neighborhood with aliens trying to stay hidden like in Signs.

Thoughts?

If this has been talked about, forgive me. I just woke up from a nightmare about aliens and it made me think of a house idea.

I'm trying to remember and look through the info here on the main page but has there ever been house (or street) about/featuring aliens? The Thing houses don't count. I'm talking about "little green/grey men." I remember Interstellar Terror but that was about a human crew from Earth coming back from wherever and going insane and no aliens if I remember correctly. The idea of aliens, good (E.T., CEoT3K) or bad (Alien(s), Fourth Kind, Dark Skies), scares the crap out of me. Ghosts, demons, etc. are scary but are Earthbound ideas/lore (I do believe in ghosts) but with aliens, there seems to be so many different stories out there. Different species, types of UFO's, etc. and they still aren't explained and no one knows what any of their intentions are. I don't know which would be scarier to me, a house based on an alien ship (you're abducted and end up wandering the ship) or a house/neighborhood with aliens trying to stay hidden like in Signs.

Thoughts?

If this has been talked about, forgive me. I just woke up from a nightmare about aliens and it made me think of a house idea.

Yes, Total Chaos HHN X. complete with fake elevator, slide, and ball pit.

• Like 2

Thoughts?

This is one of my biggest wishes for a house, And the reason I hated Interstellar Terror so so much, They had the house done correctly all they needed was to add some alien monsters... such waste lol. (Yes I know the house was based on Event Horizon, still sucked)

Anyways, There was a long conversation in The Vault about this, someone even wrote up a room by room idea for a house, a house set on a farm and you would see dead cows and see the aliens and hear breaking windows and see a white light at the end of the house.

I wish they did something with aliens with big heads and big long black eyes, but I would be afraid it would end up looking like the creatures from The Spawning lol. Unless they found a way to make a body suit like they did for the creatures in Silent Hill, where the aliens costume would be nude,

That is one of my big wish houses.

• Like 1

the freedom for the actors and the no safe zones could be done in traditional scarezones (Makes me wonder why they never tried this before)

Haha, I know right? :P And to your other comments on that same post, lets just hope we get the moveable set pieces.

----------

Through the past couple years at HHN we've been seeing similar types (or similar concept) houses appearing at the event. What I mean by this is that we've had multiple ghost houses recently and 3D houses as well. A thought just popped into my head regarding 3D houses, will we get another one? I've mentioned ghost houses before, but again, will we get another one?

In 2010 we had Legendary Truth and Psychoscarepy: Echos of Shadybrook; in 2011 we had Winter's Night; in 2012 we had Dead End. After four ghost houses in a row (and two in one year), do you think we will get another one for 23? I'm not trying to raise any forms of serious speculation so early in the year, so it's just a thought and some wishful thinking. But this all leads to another question, would you want another ghost house?

In 2011 we had The Inbetween, and in 2012 we had Penn & Teller. Again, do you think it's likely for there to be another 3D house? They seem to be fairly popular from the words I hear. And again, would you want another 3D house?

Again, this is not the hordes fault. To my knowledge, hordes were the compromise to the SS Parade's route during the day that affected the amount of props able to be in the streets during the night (and I'm sure everyone knows this). If we can do moveable set pieces again as Brandon pointed out, then I would still like them to incorporate some aspects of the hordes. It would be like scarezones but with wondering characters.

Hordes don't necessarily equal no set props, it was the SS Parade that caused this. Can we avert the lack of props next year by using moveable ones, hopefully. :)

Also, they don't even have to be called Street Experiences, they can call them scarezones again and deem them traditional scarezones, I don't care. I just want the roaming aspect, the freedom of the actors, and the no safezones idea (even though that's a gimmick, but it's part of the roaming aspect).

I completely understand. I do agree with what you are saying. Roaming hordes, Moveable set pieces. I totally can see this happening this year. It would be like the street experiences except only on steroids. Works for me... :D

• Like 1

Just wanted to say some stuff.. Ever since I started my website I've seen a couple trends in the Haunt world...

2011 the BIG thing was 3D houses, well we got In Between that yr.
2012 the BIG thing was Zombies, well we got TWD. (I actually saw some Haunts not due zombies cause they want to be different then Haunt down the street from them).

So you must be asking what have Haunts been hinting about so far this yr? Well granted its still early but I've seen some teasers and hints and it focuses on the number 13. Now the Haunts arent celebrating 13yrs (I bet some well be though), its just the year is 2013. Now in 2003 HHN did celebrate 13yrs, and had some stuff based around the number 13 but at the same time they didnt.. So could we see something that deals with 13? Like a Superstitions house (Last one was in the late 90s), and keep in mind HOS did one last yr.

Im not saying the number 13 well be a big role cause its still too early to tell.. Carry on with your wishful thinking :)

Edited by DesigningtheFear
  • Like 3

I really enjoyed the Superstitions House in 2001, even though it ended up being toned down like everything was that year. I would really enjoy another house in a similar vein, and if they do go the "13" route, I'm sure they can think up some fresh superstitions to go with the classic ones. And I would love if they had another black cat room - mrowr.

• Like 2

I'm not sure they will use the 13 aspect but if they do I seem to remember a few incidents happening on a certain Friday of some months that they could use. I'd love that seeing as I missed it last time round. In other unrelated news I just booked up to stay at this new wilderness site called Camp Crystal Lake. Really looking forward to but I just can't work out why it's so cheap...

• Like 4

I'm not sure they will use the 13 aspect

I'm on the same page here. They used 13 back in 2003 and even though 2013 has a 13 in it, My opinion is that it would be confusing to some if they highlighted so to speak the 13 for this year because of it already being used in 2003. Again it's pure speculation of course but I keep going back to the A New Age of Darkness Begins. If they incorporated the number 13 in the event at all this year it would seem like to me anyways that they are copying 2003 in some way shape or form therefore not emphasizing on the New Age of Darkness concept.

Do you realize that most people who go to HHN one didnt go in 2003, plus they wont go 'Oh they did that in 2003!'

Im just saying 13 might be really big this yr in Haunts.. We just dont know.. Its still early.

Then again I have I think the dates for like 13th Haunts for this yr already lol

I could be wrong, but I don't see them doing the event related to 23 or 13.

For 20, everyone thought big anniversary, didn't happen. 21 everyone thought some "mature/legal" type thing, didn't happen. 22 everyone thought some dueling icons, didn't happen.

13 is only being associated due to the year being 2013, 13 was more relevant in 2003 for the 13th year. Could they do a scare zone/horde or house around 23 or 13? Maybe.

I'll be happy if it's just better than last year! :)

• Like 1

I missed that year but from what I've heard I thought IT was based on Dead Space? I may be mistaken here though

Dead Space has a bunch of aliens trying to kill you. IT had no aliens and the back story is almost identical to Event Horizon except the crew was still aboard the ship in IT.

I missed that year but from what I've heard I thought IT was based on Dead Space? I may be mistaken here though

Dead Space came out after Horror Nights 18 started and nobody really knew what the plot of Dead Space was other than the fact that you killed aliens. Interstellar Terror was very much like Event Horizon.

• Like 1

Is it possible that we could see a certain house this year at HHN 23 that was suppose be at HHN 22 but then got scrapped from the event due to its location being demolished?...

You talking about that South America legend? We saw some the mask they were planning with the Beast horde.