Halloween Horror Nights 23 Wishful Thinking

Mark M.

AANNNDDD bearded Dorothy ^

I know the way her hair was laying she looked like Wayne Static :P

... i miss '08. Of all 22 years I've been I always fall back on '08 as my favorite year. Even if I didn't like two of the houses. Everything just gelled so well.

And Bloody Mary was just so cool an icon. It's so sad she's nearly been erased form universals history like it didn't happen. I would love to see her come back.

• Like 3

I know the way her hair was laying she looked like Wayne Static :P

... i miss '08. Of all 22 years I've been I always fall back on '08 as my favorite year. Even if I didn't like two of the houses. Everything just gelled so well.

And Bloody Mary was just so cool an icon. It's so sad she's nearly been erased form universals history like it didn't happen. I would love to see her come back.

I have to agree with you JW.. 2008 was just awesome. The creativity on this was just outstanding. And I LOVED Bloody Mary. I remember being a kid and going to sleepovers where we'd dare each other to do the Bloody Mary thing. I remember one particular sleepover where we all slept in the basement, and we took turns going into the basement bathroom (extra dark) with a flashlight held under our chin and calling for Bloody Mary. I realize this little game can play some psychological tricks on you (especially if you're 12) and that's the point, but I swear I saw a flash of light in the mirror, and I ran out of there so fast! So, Bloody Mary has always scared the shit out of me, and I was thrilled to see her as an icon. It's one of my fave HHN shirts, too. :)

There is just something extra wicked creepy about taking a tame children's tale and twisting it into something horrifying. I mean, look at what Stephen King did with a clown!

Look what I have boys and girls! :) Just to give you a heads up, there's not a whole heck of a lot of speculations, rumors, or that sort of thing. But I did feel like there was some things in here that people needed to hear. Especially those of us who like to jump the gun a little bit when it comes to speculation and the like :) Enjoy!

IDK I was just looking for connections based on the year... No matter how tenuous. After all its wild spec. But I wasn't implying 23 would be a main focus I was just doing some research into the number to see if there was any significance I could glean to a theme (i.e. 13, XX, 21, etc.).

You made me think, and we all know how dangerous that can be! Warning: Complex Wishful Thinking ahead!

Numerology is an interesting subject. Western Nummerology is also refered to as Pythagorean Numerology. Pythagoras was a Greek philospher and mathmatecian. Everyone who has taken geometry has been taught his theorem.

23 is not a part of Pythagorean/Western Numerology, although it does have its own mystical, metaphysical and symbolic meanings.

1 - 9, 11, 22, & 33 are the Western Numbers. 11. 22, & 33 are the Master Numbers.

So, 23 or 2 + 3 = 5.

Let's look at the symbolism for 5.

http://www.ridingthebeast.com/numbers/nu5.php

Odds are considered masculine. Evens are considered feminine.

I know last year many hoped for dual or dueling Icons. I liked the theory myself. It made sense, but it was sooooo predictable. I'm actually glad A&D didn't go for it. It would have been too easy.

But, two Icons for this year.....

A vindictive and jealous 2. A shallow and insecure 3. Sister and Brother? Lovers? The two coming together to make 5.

Removing the gender specific prounouns to the description of 5.....we would have quite an interesting Icon pair.

One can wish......

EDIT: Names given to the numbers by the source I was quoting.

2 - The All-Knowing

3 - The Creative Child

5 - A Dynamic Source

My life path number is 22 - The Master Builder.

My expression number is 5. Expression numbers are derived from the letters of your name. My expression number does not change when using either my maiden or married name.

Edited by mystiquephreeq
  • Like 2

Remember when everyone was doing this for the number 22 last year. We had twin theories, etc. Then nothing.

But I dig that you guys get some serious brain exercise on here though! Helps me out too!

That's why I do it. Brain exercise.

No more, no less. Creativity is an outlet for me, and it is far easier to come up with the starting premise.

The intricate details of connections, history, character looks, speaking patterns, movements, environments and so on, take far more time than my two children allow.

I can create the simple starting idea, and it gives my brain some peace. When real clues and rumors come about, I can begin to connect those ideas. Look for the patterns.

Although, the thoughts and specs on 21 did eventually pan out.

Ah, how I long for a day where I can l sit down and create without an interruption.

At one point a couple years ago I kept waking up at 5 in the morning for no apparent reason which had happened on several occasions. Out of curiosity and fun I looked up the symbolism behind the number 5 to see what I would find. From what I found (I don't know how true this is, or what my exact source was or the credibility of said source), but it stated that 5 was often considered an evil number. The main reason to back this claim was the fact that they're 5 points on the pentagram, which you find assocated with satanism and witchcraft. Again, not sure how credible this is, but I thought I'd throw it out there to see if anyone has apposing arguments or opinions to the claim.

Over analyzing of course... 23 is a mysterious number.

Is shows up in religion, human anatomy, mathematics, history, and even pop culture often.

The physical biorhythm cycle is 23 days.

It takes 23 seconds for blood to circulate through the human body.

The male and female each contribute 23 chromosomes during conception.

A full turn of the DNA helix occurs every 23 angstroms.

The number of joints in the human arm is 23.

There are 23 vertebrae in the human body.

Tantrists believe the male sex cycle is 23 days.

I guess that is why they made a movie about it. :P

I'm not much into numerology but it is interesting.

Wanted to throw out there that there are 33 vertebrae in the human spine.

7 - Cervical verterbrae

12 - thoacic vertebrae

5 - Lumbar vertebrae

5 - Sacral vertebrae(sacrum)

4 - caudal vertebrae (coccyx)

And even if we are talking about JUST articulating vertebrae, even then it would just be 24.

Sorry, that was just irking me.

Wanted to throw out there that there are 33 vertebrae in the human spine.

7 - Cervical verterbrae

12 - thoacic vertebrae

5 - Lumbar vertebrae

5 - Sacral vertebrae(sacrum)

4 - caudal vertebrae (coccyx)

And even if we are talking about JUST articulating vertebrae, even then it would just be 24.

Sorry, that was just irking me.

No not at all. Thanks for correcting that. What I get for copying and pasting :P

what's sad is that I should know that I just put together a spine model a couple months ago.

Some interesting facts I found involving the number 23.

"At the moment of his assassination, Caesar was stabbed 23 times.

The circulation of the blood through all the human body takes 23 seconds.

The number of articulation in the human arm is 23."

Just got home from the Penn & Teller show at Hard Rock Orlando and found out that TNA Wrestling will be leaving Soundstage 21 permanently in March. Possible house location? It is one of the bigger SSs they have.

Yep but remember Universal Productions could have it already booked for May - Nov.. Universal Entertaiment actually has to rent those soundstages to Universal Productions

I love all these things about the number 23 but if Hollywood gets there way again, 23 wont mean anything.. Like Last yr, the only thing with 22 on it was the hat.

I'm going to ignore this.

*fingers in ears* "LA LA LA LA. I can't here you."

No bursting my bubbles. Bubbles doesn't like it when he gets burst.

I've got at least 4 months before I have to consider leaving my fantasy world. The one where Orlando will definitely have a completely separate event from Hollywood. Not going to leave it until then.

*stubbornly sits in her fantasy world*

Yes, I can be entirely delusional and unrealistic about somethings. :P

• Like 4

Yep but remember Universal Productions could have it already booked for May - Nov.. Universal Entertaiment actually has to rent those soundstages to Universal Productions

Either way, I'm glad TNA will be long gone by this years event.

• Like 2

Oh God.... I pray to the HHN gods that Walking Dead and alice Cooper never EVER come back to Orlando again... I guess I am fine with IP houses if they are at least new, but no repeats... I seriously hope they don't ever come back.

I am a major fan of TWD, but I have to completely agree with you....they need to leave it to television and never, ever, ever have a Walking Dead house again. Ever. Seriously. Never.

The concept was great and the props were wonderful, but that was the one house I was looking forward to the most and the one that disappointed me the most. For it being all about zombies, I think we encountered maybe 8 in the entire house...perhaps it was zombie coffee break time when we went through. And the Alice Cooper house, it was, different...I think I dislike it simply because I got punched in the jaw there by a drunk guy, yeah, not the kind of fond memory I like to have a house.

I would love to see something Dean Koontz or Stephen King oriented, or how about just going back to the old traditional amazing houses we once had? No big names, televisions or movies associated with them, just gorgeous houses with amazing set designs and costumes, like say Gothic from this year or the Hallow, S.S. Frightanic, Scary Tales??? A girl can dream, right?

• Like 6

I would love to see something Dean Koontz or Stephen King oriented, or how about just going back to the old traditional amazing houses we once had? No big names, televisions or movies associated with them, just gorgeous houses with amazing set designs and costumes, like say Gothic from this year or the Hallow, S.S. Frightanic, Scary Tales??? A girl can dream, right?

^This. A million times, this. Halloween Horror Nights has brand equity. They don't have the competition like HHNH does, and don't need to constantly lure people in with something shiny, imo. Just put together a solid event with lots of atmosphere in the park, 8 houses, and some kicking shows. That's all I ask. I don't need to walk through a movie that's playing in Citywalk. Just make it scary.

• Like 8

^This. A million times, this. Halloween Horror Nights has brand equity. They don't have the competition like HHNH does, and don't need to constantly lure people in with something shiny, imo. Just put together a solid event with lots of atmosphere in the park, 8 houses, and some kicking shows. That's all I ask. I don't need to walk through a movie that's playing in Citywalk. Just make it scary.

Exactly Ryan! I just want an event that has a Halloween feel to it, not one that is a social overload of the current movies or trends. Make it scary, make it beautiful, make it fun...and if you wanna add a jack-o-latern or two here and there, that's fine by me.

• Like 6

I understand in southern California Murdy has to fight getting crowds to his park cause you do have some MAJOR Haunts in California.. However here in Orlando they really dont need to do that since we really dont have compention outside of Home haunts and small haunts (HOS really doesnt count).. I would love to see a MAJOR haunt here in Orlando.. HHN might step it up in scares.. We got the details down and storylines down.. Now they just need to focus putting the scary/Horror park into the event.

• Like 1

Exactly Ryan! I just want an event that has a Halloween feel to it, not one that is a social overload of the current movies or trends. Make it scary, make it beautiful, make it fun...and if you wanna add a jack-o-lantern or two here and there, that's fine by me.

Now there's some wishful thinking. Let's put the Halloween back into Halloween Horror Nights. Not just as a touch here and there, but as a solid focus of the event. Sure there have been sporadic houses and scare zones here and there, but let's put a focus on it.

If they need ip's, bring in Halloween 1 or 3, and Trick r' Treat. And I mean full blown, footie pajama wearing, burlap sack on his head, stab you with a sucker Sam, not a scare zone sort of based on a particular story in the movie. Throw in a corn maze (scare zone would work, house would be better), scarecrows with glowing jack o lantern heads (as scare actors, not props), maybe a house based on Samhain, and the glorious return of Esqueleto Muerte as a house, and I will be a completely happy camper. It is called HALLOWEEN Horror Nights after all, not just Horror Nights.

Will any of this to actually happen? Probably not. But much like Mystique above, it's my fantasy world, that's how I choose to live in it. :)

• Like 3

I agree 100%! Just get a good idea for a house, make amazing sets and costumes and make it scary and everyone will love it. Its no coincidence that Gothic won house of the year this year despite all the marketing for The Walking Dead etc. If you came to HHN22 especially for TWD I'm pretty sure you would of said it was disappointing and other houses were better. As a fan I want to walk into a house and not know what is round each corner and be in a unfamiliar setting, I think this makes a house 10X as scary, Whereas you have seen the sets etc of IP's on TV, Films, Games etc so you know whats associated with them and what to expect slightly. I dont think every IP house is bad like P&T was great BUT its still unfamiliar surroundings. I think I may be a bit biased towards original houses but this is just my opinion. More original houses would be great! :)

• Like 1