Halloween Horror Nights 23 Wishful Thinking

Mark M.

Apparently it was a play and Tom Savini will be playing as a main role.

TOM SAVINI!!!

(sorry, inside joke)

I would definitely vote for Christmas zombies. I haven't had my fill of zombies yet, and I always love the cheese houses, so this would be something I would love to see.

• Like 1

They could even just build the exact same house they did for 2007 and add zombies and I would be happy with it :wub:

I missed out on Home for the Holidays, so I wouldn't mind that...but if we were to be realistic, they wouldn't repeat like that. But, I would just like to have the same concept of that house again (going through multiple houses in a neighborhood). I think it would be really neat. It sounded awesome how everyone described it, and I would like to see it for myself.

It's times like these where I wonder if I should have gone to HHN instead of Howl-O-Scream back in 2007....granted I had fun at HOS (it was awesome), but I bet if I went to HHN in 2007, I probably would have returned for 18 and then only missed 16. Interesting thoughts.... *tear* haha, but it is what it is.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind having an Icon somewhat based on The Creeper that feeds every 23 years. It would be a different approach deviating away from the humanistic Icons and more of the monster side.

Refresh my memory but has there ever been a leprechaun house? Either an I.P house based off the movie(s) or an original? The idea of leprechauns has always crept me out a bit so if it hasn't been done yet, a house based off of the legend of leprechauns could be interesting, at least in my opinion.

I missed out on Home for the Holidays, so I wouldn't mind that...but if we were to be realistic, they wouldn't repeat like that. But, I would just like to have the same concept of that house again (going through multiple houses in a neighborhood). I think it would be really neat. It sounded awesome how everyone described it, and I would like to see it for myself.

It's times like these where I wonder if I should have gone to HHN instead of Howl-O-Scream back in 2007....granted I had fun at HOS (it was awesome), but I bet if I went to HHN in 2007, I probably would have returned for 18 and then only missed 16. Interesting thoughts.... *tear* haha, but it is what it is.

they wouldn't I was just kidding. I meant that even if they repeated the exact same house i would be happy but that will never happen. lol

2007....2007... the year of the IPs. 2007 is one of my favorites house wise, but only because i got to see Freddy and Jason, Leatherface, my favorite house Friday the 13th ( the best house in the Jaws queue ever made) I liked every single house of that year. I loved the thing, Home for the holidays was pretty funny. the streets were empty but we had the Jack's carnival of carnage show, so it was cool. I really loved 2007, I have fond memories of that event.

Edited by Mr. Black
  • Like 1

I wouldn't mind having an Icon somewhat based on The Creeper that feeds every 23 years. It would be a different approach deviating away from the humanistic Icons and more of the monster side.

Well Fear kinda came with the premise that he comes out to play every 20 years so I guess they already kinda touched on that idea. Somehow I doubt we'll see him at HHN 40 though lol.

I was told I screwed up and made my video private. I fixed it now. Hope some of the actors here made it on to the video.. i know there was one actor for sure that I filmed that as he walked away said "Hope I see that on Youtube".. well, here ya go then

Good work on both videos! I enjoyed them very much! :)

I would love to see a house loosely based on the Field of Screams scarezone from HHN XIV.

I doubt they could ever do another cornfield scarezone outside so why not bring it into a soundstage/tent? It would most likely have to be fake plants, but the feel of that zone would translate really well into a house in my opinion. Hell, it kind of already has (ie the Hallow).

I'm not talking about a direct sequel to the Hallow (which would be badass as well), but something more along the lines of the Hallow mixed with some TCM/Devils Rejects. A cheesy corn maze that you would find in any rural area, but it is run by a group of redneck lunatics. I'm thinking corn maze in the beginning (endless boo holes with a corn field), some other structures to walk through in the middle (maybe a barn where they are processing/butchering victims; grain silo filled with various remains, etc), and then a final corn maze to escape the house.

Ideally, nobody is supposed to make it out of the corn maze alive, and the maze operators would be in constant pursuit of the patrons (us) and genuinely annoyed/surprised that we have not been captured yet. The last section of the corn maze would be the most intense as it would seem like everyone in charge of the maze would be doing everything they can to prevent your escape.

Oh, and did I mention that there would be chainsaws? I know chainsaws inside are a big "no-no" so they will have to figure out how to make the electric ones sound as vicious as the gas-powered.

• Like 2

I would love to see a house loosely based on the Field of Screams scarezone from HHN XIV.

I doubt they could ever do another cornfield scarezone outside so why not bring it into a soundstage/tent? It would most likely have to be fake plants, but the feel of that zone would translate really well into a house in my opinion. Hell, it kind of already has (ie the Hallow).

I'm not talking about a direct sequel to the Hallow (which would be badass as well), but something more along the lines of the Hallow mixed with some TCM/Devils Rejects. A cheesy corn maze that you would find in any rural area, but it is run by a group of redneck lunatics. I'm thinking corn maze in the beginning (endless boo holes with a corn field), some other structures to walk through in the middle (maybe a barn where they are processing/butchering victims; grain silo filled with various remains, etc), and then a final corn maze to escape the house.

Ideally, nobody is supposed to make it out of the corn maze alive, and the maze operators would be in constant pursuit of the patrons (us) and genuinely annoyed/surprised that we have not been captured yet. The last section of the corn maze would be the most intense as it would seem like everyone in charge of the maze would be doing everything they can to prevent your escape.

Oh, and did I mention that there would be chainsaws? I know chainsaws inside are a big "no-no" so they will have to figure out how to make the electric ones sound as vicious as the gas-powered.

I like this idea. They've done fake forests before (the Wolfman) so a corn field is feasible. Redneck lunatics might but good but you'd be missing a trick if you left out scarecrows. They are creepy as hell. The barn would break it up and give it some variance and you could put chainsaws in there but not in the field. It would ruin the surprise of just where the scareactors were coming from.

• Like 1

Scarecrows are a must-have, especially in a corn maze.

You could even abandon the idea of a crazy group of rednecks and instead use a concept that suggests the scarecrows have come to life and will feed on anyone who ventures into their corn maze. This could make for some creative costume designs as well, although the idea of chainsaws may have to be abandoned. I cant really imagine a scarecrow/demon running around with a chainsaw.

Edited by madmonk

The only problem about having the cornfield outside would be the risk of growing the corn stalks. Like you said, in 2004 they had the scarezone Field of Screams but most of the crops got destroyed due to all the hurricanes that year. From what the design team said about the scarezone it was going to be amazing. But unfortunately was ruined. So I could definitely see them trying to redo this zone and have the full effect!

I could definitely see them doing a cornfield house similar to The Hallow. Great idea. Will it happen this year? Probably not :/... But I'm thinking we might get another TCM house this year because the new movie just came out. So you will get your chainsaws! And they have used gas chainsaws in past houses like Saws n Steam, RUN: Hostile Territory, and TCM. I'm thinking thats because they were in a semi outdoor space.

I'm still waiting for a Jeepers Creepers house.

• Like 2

The whole idea of having a corn field inside for a house is for sure possible. Yes, they'd most likely have to be fake (at least for the most part), but if I'm correct - I believe Knotts has done something very similar to this, so it's definitely possible. :)

The whole idea of having a corn field inside for a house is for sure possible. Yes, they'd most likely have to be fake (at least for the most part), but if I'm correct - I believe Knotts has done something very similar to this, so it's definitely possible. :)

We had a semi cornfield scene in Scarytales: Once Upon A Nightmare.

I'm still waiting for a Jeepers Creepers house.

Didn't someone said in the Hollywood spec that Jeepers Creepers wouldn't be famous enough? I remember something that. a tweeter answer or something (I don't know it if was a joke or not)

Makes me sad because that movie could be seriously creepy.

yes, we had a mini cornfield. It was pretty awesome actually.