Halloween Horror Nights 23 Wishful Thinking

Mark M.

It really would.... Seriously wtf? why can't Uni do this! they have the monsters, they have amazing actors and dancers, they can do amazing costumes and make up, they can use whatever music they want, they could totally write a show like this,

kinda makes me mad lol. We should totally be able to see this at HHN, the talent is there.

Universal doesnt have that level of talent and a short run show that isn't headlining the event won't be worth spending the money to get that level of talent. Plus, where would the put it? Any of the current venues would need an overhaul to accommodate that sort of show.
  • Like 2

I don't know if this has been mentioned..I'm really not going to go back and read earlier pages.

I really want them to bring back the old HHN..such as opening shows or the various shows running on the streets like when the Director had his little show, etc..etc....

Wishful thinking ? A house through the ET queue.. can't happen I know..but that is why it is called WISHFUL thinking :)

Or a HHN themed boat ride through jaws with scareactors on the banks of the river...

oh wait.. nevermind...

too soon? :)

*Edited to add*

SLIDERS.. I want sliders back so bad...

that is all... carry on :)

THIS IS WHAT I WANT

Edited by Cinderelly115
  • Like 3

I don't know if this has been mentioned..I'm really not going to go back and read earlier pages.

I really want them to bring back the old HHN..such as opening shows or the various shows running on the streets like when the Director had his little show, etc..etc....

Wishful thinking ? A house through the ET queue.. can't happen I know..but that is why it is called WISHFUL thinking :)

Or a HHN themed boat ride through jaws with scareactors on the banks of the river...

oh wait.. nevermind...

too soon? :)

*Edited to add*

SLIDERS.. I want sliders back so bad...

that is all... carry on :)

THIS IS WHAT I WANT

The first video says "HHN 13" when that was HHN 14....unless they meant it was the 13th year or something like that (which it was). 13th year, 14th event. But whatever, not important.

But that was a pretty awesome opening. And yeah I agree that HHN should return to its older ways, or as Chris put it - grow their balls back.

I mean Family Guy constantly pushes the envelope on what they can and cannot do, and I recall Seth MacFarlane (the show's creator) saying that he takes the show as far as Fox will allow him to. I don't know if the rules have gotten more strict or something, but they should make the event as dark and as scary as possible or as much as they are aloud to, and I know that's easier said than done, but they shouldn't be holding back (if they are).

• Like 1

The Director show and caretaker were for media :) But the Director did have shows out in POE...

One reason why you dont see stage shows is called crowd control.. Yes we had Death Drums but it blocked the street for a while

The point of those videos was just to say I wanted shows back. They did have shows back then..

I know WHY they can't do everything I listed..I'm just claiming what I WISH they had...

• Like 5

Love this, but I saw many things that would never allow it to become a part of HHN. Far too risqué.

Would something like this, if it were toned down, still be as good? Because it would need to be toned down a lot, for something like it to ever appear at HHN.

anything would be better than a magic show. Even if it was toned down I think it would totally work, specially if they focused on making it dark and maybe a little gory,

I am sure the acrobatic stuff and some of the stuff in the video would be impossible, I know,but they could still make a dark dance performance show. They had actors dancing for Dead Drums anyways, why not instead have the actors dress up as monster or something? I don't understand why they don't make a monster show with music and dancing. I know they couldn't have actors doing what the people are doing in those videos.

But I was talking about the look of the show itself, the nature of the show. Uni could very easily make a show like that for HHN.

I am just tired of the magic shows. I don't want them to come back, it seriously is getting annoying now. They could do all kinds of cool things for shows at HHN.

Edited by Mr. Black
  • Like 1

anything would be better than a magic show. Even if it was toned down I think it would totally work, specially if they focused on making it dark and maybe a little gory,

I am sure the acrobatic stuff and some of the stuff in the video would be impossible, I know,but they could still make a dark dance performance show. They had actors dancing for Dead Drums anyways, why not instead have the actors dress up as monster or something? I don't understand why they don't make a monster show with music and dancing. I know they couldn't have actors doing what the people are doing in those videos.

But I was talking about the look of the show itself, the nature of the show. Uni could very easily make a show like that for HHN.

I am just tired of the magic shows. I don't want them to come back, it seriously is getting annoying now. They could do all kinds of cool things for shows at HHN.

In '98 they did a show called inferno. It was in the animal actor stage and it had many cirque style performances which included the guy flying on the ribbons. But I got to think... if the circus can come to town and do its thing and then tear down and move on... A rich company like Universal could easily. Granted you would need talent... But don't we live in a town filled with starving artists?

The path that HHN is one I would look to Hollywood to get clues on the direction of the event. I would expect to see a return of houses and scarezones similar to last year, Weak to our standards, such a shame the direction of the event since the loss of Roddy.

• Like 3

I know it would be very possible for HHN to have a show with monsters and dancing like you said. Howl-O-Scream has a show like that (at least they did when I went in 2007). So finding talent and writing something like that is possible. But, will they? Who knows.

In '98 they did a show called inferno. It was in the animal actor stage and it had many cirque style performances which included the guy flying on the ribbons. But I got to think... if the circus can come to town and do its thing and then tear down and move on... A rich company like Universal could easily. Granted you would need talent... But don't we live in a town filled with starving artists?

sounds really interesting, I wish they just brought that show back and let us see it now. So it was done for only one year? no more? I wonder why.

I know Uni is capable of some amazing things so it disappoints me greatly that they won't try their best for the shows and instead just conform with some magic show.

Probably not, unless enough people bug them about it. Is funny because I don't have any wishful thinking as far as houses go this year, I am open for anything they bring us, I don't have anything in mind but I am really wishful for a new monster show or something.

Okay, I really want to see this show! This would fit in marvelously at HHN!

Holy mother of god.. that show looks AMAZING. I'd LOVE to see that at HHN! Even if they had to adjust and change some stuff up a bit, who cares? That would be so PERFECT. Wow.. I mean, just WOW.

• Like 2

I'm feeling the vibe that people want back the types of shows from the 90's. Interesting.

I saw Inferno in 98, because there were 5 houses, 2 scarezones, and the lines for the houses were impossibly long. I wasn't impressed. I watched Kiss Army perform. Again, I wasn't impressed. I'm not a show person when it comes to theme parks. Everything I saw in Inferno, I had seen performed during the day at BG.

Personally the type of show that JW posted is extremely different than Inferno.

JW showed us a dark and macabre burlesque show.

Inferno was a circus act done in monster garb.

I would love a show like JW posted.

I can see circus acts elsewhere.

The only good it would do for me is eat crowds.

Death Drums had it's shtick of a moving platform. This was something new. The dancers were good. Would I go out of my way to see Death Drums every year? Nope.

EDIT: Before Chris calls me out on it.

If there was a promise of eye candy in leather pants, I would have to stop and watch Death Drums at least once to get my required dosage.

Edited by mystiquephreeq
  • Like 1

In my opinion, The Arrival was one of their best shows, hell even the Carnival of Carnage was good. I would like to see the opening scareamonies return. And not some bullcrap like John C. Reilly talking about Cirque Du Freak.

• Like 2

In my opinion, The Arrival was one of their best shows, hell even the Carnival of Carnage was good. I would like to see the opening scareamonies return. And not some bullcrap like John C. Reilly talking about Cirque Du Freak.

The opening scareamonies were all part of media.. The Stage show it self was just a show during the event.. But now that Transformers is coming near the only spot they can do a show. Then imagine the cluster f*ck that will be there.

I want to see them spend the money on actually hiring SA then having so much dead space in the park and in the houses.. Tone down the hype a little bit to, the only compintation HHN has is HOS.

Its not like California where they got so many Haunts in one area,

• Like 1

I'm feeling the vibe that people want back the types of shows from the 90's. Interesting.

I saw Inferno in 98, because there were 5 houses, 2 scarezones, and the lines for the houses were impossibly long. I wasn't impressed. I watched Kiss Army perform. Again, I wasn't impressed. I'm not a show person when it comes to theme parks. Everything I saw in Inferno, I had seen performed during the day at BG.

Death Drums had it's shtick of a moving platform. This was something new. The dancers were good. Would I go out of my way to see Death Drums every year? Nope.

If there was a promise of eye candy in leather pants, I would have to stop and watch Death Drums at least once to get my required dosage.

See! I loved the old type of shows they had going on..but I liked the ones they had in the streets.... it was neat to see a show right after walking into the event. It always got me pumped for the event (back then I was terrified to go anywhere) I liked the little show they had at SnS SZ a few years ago..I want something more like that.. I don't want shows where people are dancing around and such.. well except for Bill and Ted..I enjoy that ;)

Definitely agree.

But, the thing is, were those shows worst or better than the magic shows we get now?

That's the thing for me, I have not really experience any shows besides Bill and Ted and Rocky Horror, plus the dreadful magic shows. That's what I know from HHN.

So it makes me really really curious and frustrated to hear about all these cool shows they did in the 90s, I understand you say you were not impressed by the shows back then but it makes me wonder if those shows were better than the magic shows that Uni forces on us.

Even if they made a circus show and it was not as awesome as I expect I would still be happy about it. I don't think I even mind what kind of show Uni could bring, could be anything could even be Bettlejuice show done at night during HHN, as long as they gave the magic shows a rest.

Edited by Mr. Black

...the magic shows that Uni forces on us.

*sigh*

If you don't want to watch a magic show, don't go see the magic show. If people don't watch the show then Universal will realize there is no interest in it.

Just because it's there doesn't mean you have to do it.

• Like 4

But, the thing is, were those shows worst or better than the magic shows we get now?

That's the thing for me, I have not really experience any shows besides Bill and Ted and Rocky Horror, plus the dreadful magic shows. That's what I know from HHN.

Magic shows are in the same ranking as circus acts for me. If I want to see one, I'll go see one. Usually with my child in tow. I have no interest in seeing one at HHN. They are crowd eaters. as long as others go see them, I could careless what they are.

The acrobatic, "circus" shows were no better and no worse. They were average. Nothing I had never seen before, and definitely not something I would waste precious house time on.

Growing up, those types of acts were a dime a dozen at BG. I saw them regularly. While impressive feats, by the age of 13 they became stale, predictable, and repetitive to me.

Which is why I stated toning down the elements of a show like JW posted would truly kill it.

I would predict after three years of "circus" style shows, we would be visiting this topic again and people would be wanting something new. Just as has be done with the magic shows.

I can agree with Liz, the street performances that actually relate to the event are more enjoyable and I'm more likely to pause and watch.

I just brought up Inferno because they did axe like ice saw in that burlesque show. But I saw mama. It was decent. Has some good intense moments. Good pratical effects... of course they were ruined by too much cgi a monster face time. The ending made no bloody sense. Would be stupid easy to make a house... in fact ill write a treatment up later

• Like 2

*sigh*

If you don't want to watch a magic show, don't go see the magic show. If people don't watch the show then Universal will realize there is no interest in it.

Just because it's there doesn't mean you have to do it.

Same thing could be said about Rocky Horror but there were people that did not like it and not want it to come back (and then it didn't)

I can understand this reasoning for Bill and Ted because they are tradition, but I am paying a ticket to go to an event and enjoy it to the fullest, Having pretty much the same show played year after year is not really enjoyable (which was one of the complains about Rocky Horror which got cut)

I understand that if you don't want to see something then don't, but Universal only likes having two shows available per night and when lines get to the 1 hour waiting mark you just want to sit down and enjoy something else, There is not a lot of options for things to do unfortunately. I don't know if it is fair to say that just because people go to the show it means everyone's happy, since there are no other options.

is funny you should say this because there were times when I went to see 20 penny circus and it was not crowded at all, there was a big space on both sides of empty chairs. Of course that probably didn't happen every night and I know people probably liked the show but I didn't expect the show to be half empty more than a couple of times. It made me wonder if that was just a bad night or if people just didn't care for the show that much.

When lines get very long there is not a lot to do at HHN unfortunately, Rip Ripe gets to 75 min, house lines get to 90 min, What would you do? go home lol?

Do magic shows really need defending? they are not even created by HHN they are just brought to the event. Is not even like I am criticizing HHN here. Are magic shows really that awesome? I just wish they tried something new.

I would rather have Uni come up with an original show and have it be part of HHN than just see some random outside magic show they hired.

no one wants Uni to do repeat houses, Bill and Ted has never been repeated in 2 years, no house or scarezone has been repeated either. Yet magic shows are but no one really says anything, I don't understand.

Edited by Mr. Black

When lines get very long there is not a lot to do at HHN unfortunately, Rip Ripe gets to 75 min, house lines get to 90 min, What would you do? go home lol?

Get Express. :P

Kidding, I know that is out of the question for some people for various reasons. That's why I save up now so I can get FFP w/ Express. Worth every penny, especially with how crowds were last year (and could potentially be this year).

Well, typically I avoid going when I expect lines to be like that. Or I get Express Pass.

But in the event that I'm there without Express and lines are like that, I wait in line, try not to bitch, and then go home at the end of the night getting through what I can.

Really don't see why that sort of thing isn't an option.

Edited by Legacy
  • Like 1