Wesker's HHN 22 Bogus Journey - Event Review

WESKER69

Speaking of audio... I don't know why the sound wasn't swapped for the Jock & Steven's dad in the "Vengeance is Mine" hallway. It was always amusing hearing insults coming from these two. Definitely needed to be fixed or they should've swapped spots.

Technically it was fixed. Up until the middle of the second to last weekend, dead dad had audio that sounded like a screeching bird. As for switching, dead jock was across from the dead cheerleader and dead dad was across from the dead mom. Too much hassle for a weekend and a half. :rolleyes: Either way, it was better hearing "loser, freak, idiot, punk, etc." towards the end than the bird sound(s).

• Like 1

Hah... okay, that makes sense. And sadly, I totally didn't even notice who was across from who in that hallway. I knew who was there, but I didnt pay attention to the placement. So yea, I'd fail that on a quiz.

I do actually wish the dummies could've been swapped out with scareactors on the final night. That would've made that hallway pretty epic lol.

Finally got some time to concentrate and read your entire review. You were a lot of harsher than I would have been but made a lot of good points. And yes, I will give you the death stare. :lol:

Pfft... entire review.. I still have Part 4 (shows) to add :P

And is the death stare anything like the Deathstar? ....besides you can share. I'll let you watch...

One of the big things that hindered the house experience was the lack of queue video. Along the lack of backstory being known... and lets not forget the back stories for each of the scareactors. I'm sure the house would've actually been more enjoyable if I knew what each of their back stories were. You can't do a house like this without providing the proper advance intro. This is why there is a website.. This is also why queue videos are helpful.

My biggest disappointment with this house right there. A queue video on the side of that huge blank wall while you wait and hour would have been easy, informative, and would have gone a long way to prepare for the house. I shouldn't have to go on a separate ticketed tour to get the story to make sense.

• Like 2

this amused me greatly :lol:

Thats what I was hoping for. Only the best for you. :D

I shouldn't have to go on a separate ticketed tour to get the story to make sense.

^Exactly Jeramy. Nancy pretty much gave me a brief synopsis of the backstory for the house. Its a pretty clever backstory, BUT its something that would benefit from a queue video. Of course, as I said, knowing the backstories for each of the scareactors would also have been helpful. I just think this lack of info was really what held back the house experience for me.

~ Part 4 ~

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Currently Listening to:

Midnight Syndicate - Carnival Arcane

HHN Lagoon Shows - 0 times

Unfortunately out of the 17 nights that I attended HHN 22, I did not once watch the lagoon shows. I saw them while passing by heading to Finnegans, B&T or a house... but that's it. The main problem was that there were no freakin showtimes listed. I know someone posted them on here, but that wasn't exactly useful. This was technically a 3rd show, not just atmosFEAR... So it should've been listed on the event map with showtimes. Especially considering how much time it took to create each segment.

Even though I didn't actually see the shows themselves while at HHN... I gotta say, I absolutely loved the lighting that was added recently for UCS and of course the lasers. My god the lasers were amazing. One night while walking through Central Park there was a show going on and the lasers were shooting through the trees and into the fog. It just looked so cool in that area of the park.

Now as for the shows themselves, thanks to InsideTheMagic, I was able to watch each of the 4 lagoon show segments (twice). I was not very impressed with what I saw (which means I would've felt the same had I seen it in person because I think that UCS is a total crapfest on water). Here are my thoughts on each segment...

Hitchcock/Psycho

The opening was okay.. the Psycho intro dragged on too much, as well as the death too. Even though I love Psycho and its such a classic movie, this part of the lagoon show should've been edited to be a shorter clip. However, the lasers/fountain effects were really well done. Especially with the shower/blood part. The Birds part was decent. I have to say, they really need to have some fire effects in the lagoon, even small inferno barges. Fountains with fiery colored lighting just doesn't cut it. With the fire present in the clips from The Birds, the lack of fire was noticeable. Overall, this was decent, but dragged on too long for only being a 5 minute "show".

Chucky

This was such a disappointing segment. There are so many pieces of dialogue from the 5 movies that could've been included to really make this worthwhile. And then to not even include Chucky's signature laugh at the end was just a poor decision. This had such potential. The lighting & lasers were really well done for this one. The clips that were used left something to be desired. It should've opened with Jennifer Tilly saying "Why hello dolly" from Bride of Chucky. I'd even include Chucky saying "Oops I did it again" from Seed of Chucky at the end of the show before his signature laugh. I'm just not as thrilled by what i saw for a 2 1/2 minute "show". Definitely could've been executed better.

Alice Cooper

We all know how much I liked the AC:WTMN house... and that the house converted me into a fan of AC. Well all I have to say about this "show" is... my god what a freakin disappointment. And really? There couldn't have been better visuals provided for this? I mean hell... use video clips of the scareactors in the house. It'd make for a great montage... The 'eyes of AC' imagery was cool and so was the part where it actually said "Alice Cooper", but the rest of the waterscreen projections were just total crap. And while I liked the somewhat edgier version of "WTMN", this should've been a little longer than just 2 1/2 minutes.. Not to mention they should've included "Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever", "No More Mr Nice Guy" and maybe one other song. It should've been like a mini 3-4 song "concert". The lighting/lasers weren't as good as they were for Chucky either.

Classic Monsters

Okay this one annoyed the crap out of me. The first 3 minutes of it is Dr Frankenstein bringing the Frankenstein monster to life. What a complete waste of time. I don't know why there was a need to show this entire scene. And then on top of this, they do the montage of monsters.. yet, THERE IS ZERO FOOTAGE FROM "PHANTOM OF THE OPERA"!!!! :chainsaw: Seriously!? WTF is up with that shit? He's THE classic monster, the one that started the "Legacy of Horror". Besides that huge flaw with this "show", there was also a lack of The Wolfman! The rest of the montage of clips was sort've "meh".

I think the 3 minute long Frankenstein clip pretty much kills this one. Its such a poor set up to have the entire scene, especially as the beginning. Then they had the intro from the beginning of Frankentstein integrated between clips, which worked much better. They should've had the "friendly word of warning" at the very beginning and then kept the other pieces of the intro between the clips. The lighting & lasers could've been a bit better also, as well as the selection of music. I'm definitely disappointed by how this was executed.

DID I MENTION THE LACK OF PHANTOM!? AND THE LACK OF WOLFMAN!?

(although apparently there is a rumor about the Chaney family not wanting Lon Chaney & Lon Chaney Jr's "likeness" used. At least, this was the issue for HoH. Not sure why this would be an issue for using clips from the movie that UNI owns. Eitherway, gotta love copyright restrictions.. especially with your own properties.)

Overall the lagoon show(s) were poorly executed, of course I'm not exactly surprised by this due to the fact that I find UCS to be beyond awful and boring. However, with some minor changes, these short segments could've been a lot better. The fountains were decent, but I feel like the Hitchcock/Psycho show was the most creative with them. The lighting & lasers were nice, but Cucky seemed to use them the best, Hitchcock/Psycho as well. There really needs to be fire effects, especially if they insist on the "no pyro" thing (same goes for UCS). Despite being kinda "meh", this was definitely a decent addition to HHN this year. And as i mentioned above, they really should've had it listed on the event map with showtimes.

20 Penny Circus - 1 time

When I was told that our 2nd show for HHN this year would be a "magic show", I was definitely not very thrilled by the thought at all. I wasn't exactly opposed to it since there have been many magic/illusion shows at HHN ever since Fright Nights. I was not really that much of a fan of Brian Brushwood, hell I didnt see his show until the 3rd time he was at HHN which was in 2010 (of course I was conned into going to that more than once by our resident forum member Frogger). Brushwood's show wasn't bad, but it wasn't exactly "mind blowing" either. So I had no idea what exactly to expect from this new "magic show" for 2012..

Now with a show that boasts a title "Fully Exposed" and "Magic with questionable taste"... I was more intrigued because I was expecting something slutty, half-naked, sexual, and entertaining... Unfortunately, this was not the case for this show. It was just recycled magic tricks we had seen performed at HHN many times before, including a few done by Brian Brushwood. And then there were the forced (unfunny) sexual jokes... you know they're bad if I don't even crack a smile. It was just eyeroll-worthy.

I only saw this show once and that was during Employee Preview. And I just forced myself to watch the full show again via youtube just to refresh my memory of it before writing this review. The show was just awful. Like I said in my EP night review, it was a complete waste of time.. but then again, sitting for about 20mins was better than waiting in one of the lines from hell for the houses. It just definitely was not a show that you went to more than once. UNI failed big time with providing a second show you'd want to see during HHN... let alone not having a 3rd sit-down/theater show (which was really needed due to the lack of an 8th house). I would've preferred Beetlejuice at night instead of 20 Penny Circus...

This concludes Part 4 of my review.

(Did you really think I was going to provide a review for B&T in this post? Hah!)

• Like 2

They didn't have to give us lagoon shows. I think for what is worth they were most excellent. I mean sure they could have been better but that is more nitpicking than anything.

I remember people saying how they wouldn't change the show just for HHN and how we wouldn't get anything, I was glad we did.

I do agree Alice Cooper show was beyond awful, just really bad. but the other were okay, The monsters show was excellent and the best show was Chucky. I mean, Rob Zombie blasting through the entire park, that was just epic. I liked the Chucky video a lot too. They got the best scenes and make them work, I don't think it needed any dialog scenes because of the music that was being used.

It is beyond me why they would not put showtimes for the Lagoon shows. You would think they would want people to check those out since the crowds were so bad. Seems really really stupid to me.

I agree about Penny Circus I actually think Brian Brushwood had better tricks, I mean he played with fire! I did like the two guys a lot I liked their energy but the show was not great. You are right about that one.

They didn't have to give us lagoon shows. I mean sure they could have been better but that is more nitpicking than anything.

I remember people saying how they wouldn't change the show just for HHN and how we wouldn't get anything.

The monsters show was excellent and the best show was Chucky. I mean, Rob Zombie blasting through the entire park, that was just epic. I liked the Chucky video a lot too. They got the best scenes and make them work, I don't think it needed any dialog scenes because of the music that was being used.

No, what people were expecting them to do was just run the fountains all night long. And if there was going to be anything, they expected to just see the 100 Years of Horror segment of UCS. I was the one who mentioned there would be an HHN lagoon show of some type before the event started. As i said, the lighting & lasers were great, fountains were okay, but the video montages left something to be desired... which is how i feel about UCS (I find myself watching the fountains instead).

Its not nitpicking, especially when you're forking over $100+ to attend the event. its providing actual feedback so that way UNI reads it and actually makes an effort to provide something better. If I just fapped about how amazingly awesome it was like a good little fanboy, then UNI would continue to provide us with mediocre content at HHN every year. And I'm pretty sure none of us want to be paying $100+ every year to attend a mediocre event with mediocre content.

In regards to the Classic Monsters, it was done horribly. And it left out two of its more iconic monsters. That was an epic fail. Like I said, the 3 minute long Frankenstein coming to life scene was very boring outside of its movie. They could've easily just done a lightning effect with the lasers/lighting, shown the Monster get zapped and used the audio of "Its alive! ITS ALIVE!". Three minutes out of 4 1/2 is too long.

As for Chucky, I'm a big fan of the Chucky films and looking forward to the new film next year (despite Comcast sending it direct-to-dvd). So no, they didn't use the best scenes or make it work. And since it is Chucky (who is iconic), it really needed intro/outro dialogue (if Psycho & Monsters can get dialogue, so can Chucky). Especially Chucky's laugh at the end because the music just ends too abruptly. And Rob Zombie wasn't really "blasting through the park". You actually couldn't hear the music unless you were near the lagoon due to the different Legion soundtracks. The only thing they got right was the lighting, lasers, and music... but the video montage is forgettable.

______________________________________________________________________________________

They really dropped the ball with the lagoon show. And something else I briefly mentioned, there really should've been a 3rd show in a theater. Animal Actors would've been a better location for 20 Penny Circus. With the lack of an 8th house, they should've made more of an effort to make up for that. With no 8th house & JAWS ride, all of those hundreds of park guests are now in the streets/queue lines. Had there been another show to pile bodies into, I believe it would've helped take some of the long waits from the houses.

You look back at the past HHN events, specifically the shows... and its just mind blowing that they almost have more to offer, despite having less houses. Hell, 2007 had 4 shows and 2008 had 3 shows (both years had 8 houses). So its almost a little ridiculous that we can't get at least 3 theater shows at the event every year, especially this year with the lack of 8th house/JAWS to help with crowds.

• Like 1

No, what people were expecting them to do was just run the fountains all night long. And if there was going to be anything, they expected to just see the 100 Years of Horror segment of UCS. I was the one who mentioned there would be an HHN lagoon show of some type before the event started. As i said, the lighting & lasers were great, fountains were okay, but the video montages left something to be desired... which is how i feel about UCS (I find myself watching the fountains instead).

Its not nitpicking, especially when you're forking over $100+ to attend the event. its providing actual feedback so that way UNI reads it and actually makes an effort to provide something better. If I just fapped about how amazingly awesome it was like a good little fanboy, then UNI would continue to provide us with mediocre content at HHN every year. And I'm pretty sure none of us want to be paying $100+ every year to attend a mediocre event with mediocre content.

In regards to the Classic Monsters, it was done horribly. And it left out two of its more iconic monsters. That was an epic fail. Like I said, the 3 minute long Frankenstein coming to life scene was very boring outside of its movie. They could've easily just done a lightning effect with the lasers/lighting, shown the Monster get zapped and used the audio of "Its alive! ITS ALIVE!". Three minutes out of 4 1/2 is too long.

As for Chucky, I'm a big fan of the Chucky films and looking forward to the new film next year (despite Comcast sending it direct-to-dvd). So no, they didn't use the best scenes or make it work. And since it is Chucky (who is iconic), it really needed intro/outro dialogue (if Psycho & Monsters can get dialogue, so can Chucky). Especially Chucky's laugh at the end because the music just ends too abruptly. And Rob Zombie wasn't really "blasting through the park". You actually couldn't hear the music unless you were near the lagoon due to the different Legion soundtracks. The only thing they got right was the lighting, lasers, and music... but the video montage is forgettable.

______________________________________________________________________________________

They really dropped the ball with the lagoon show. And something else I briefly mentioned, there really should've been a 3rd show in a theater. Animal Actors would've been a better location for 20 Penny Circus. With the lack of an 8th house, they should've made more of an effort to make up for that. With no 8th house & JAWS ride, all of those hundreds of park guests are now in the streets/queue lines. Had there been another show to pile bodies into, I believe it would've helped take some of the long waits from the houses.

You look back at the past HHN events, specifically the shows... and its just mind blowing that they almost have more to offer, despite having less houses. Hell, 2007 had 4 shows and 2008 had 3 shows (both years had 8 houses). So its almost a little ridiculous that we can't get at least 3 theater shows at the event every year, especially this year with the lack of 8th house/JAWS to help with crowds.

I guess you are right about everything, I did like the lagoon shows I thought they were nice. I think I actually enjoyed the lagoon show much more than the Bill and Ted show. I did that show more than once out of necessity lol. But I saw the lagoon shows because I wanted to.

• 1 month later...

~ Part 5 ~

2U6Z4.jpg

(Watched 26 Times)

Today's final presentation is from Wesker69. It is entitled "Wesker's Excellent Kickass Presentation of Why Bill & Ted's is a Most Triumphant Kickass Show." Oh boy...

Is this on? Station! Greetings fellow forum members from around the world. Say Salutations Ted. (Salutations Ted) Ugh. We would like to remind you of why America kicksass in this most triumphant year of elections. (Did you just say Erections?) NO!! I said Elections. (It sounded like you said erections. Maybe you said it in Japanese.) I took French. (Konichiwa. Herro Erection.) Shut up Ted! But I digress, America kicksass because of freedom. (Van Halen.) Amscott. (Bill's stepmom Missy.) Shut up! (Erections!) Shut up Ted! (Keep going dude.) And Abraham Lincoln, the greatst president ever who kicked ass. Whether it's vampires, zombies, or teabaggers, honest abe was really into ass kickery...

But the best part of America is that we have our very own show every Halloween!

^Hollywood's B&T Queue Video

Currently Listening to:
B&T show playlist - Select songs from the past 7 B&T shows
(Opening & Finale dance songs only)

Now anyone who really knows me knows that I'm a total B&T show fanboy... Its the show that is worth 69 faps and more. Of course my first year at HHN, I only saw the show ONCE out of the two nights I went. However, the following year, I would pretty much be at every first & last show of the night, most of the time with our very own forum member with power Michele. The following year, I saw the show even more times.. and even dressed up as BILL (mostly due to a friend who dressed up as Ted). I'd say that year, was really when I became a B&T show 'fanboy'.. although we won't bring up what Michele says regarding dressing up as B&T (even though I agree) lol... Don't worry, it gets better. How does she know!?

Over the years, I've met a few of the cast members and have become friends with them... Its always great to see cast members return, but ultimately, they have to move on to bigger/better things and be replaced by new talent... The hard part as a fanboy is when the roles of Bill & Ted are given to someone new. Its not always an easy change, but I've learned to love them all. Thankfully Ted has only changed once since my first show, but BILL however, has changed 4 times over the years. The current BILL might be my favorite, but the others that came before him have their respective place in my fanboy heart (yes its true... i have a heart... even if its made from the souls from the underworld).

I have my favorite moments from the past 8 years, but they're not all in-show moments as they are personal interaction...
2005 - First time seeing B&T.
2006 - Michele's encounter with BILL during the dance finale one night (she knows exactly what I mean- I HAVE HIS COOTIES!!!). And of course my FIRST ever pic with Ted!
2007 - Getting attention from the "new" BILL & seeing the show roughly 35+ times. Plus my FIRST ever pic with BILL!
2008 - Getting attention from the "new" BILL (yes he changed again) & him making the final show memorable for me lol. I go to get a pic with BILL, I put my arm around him, next thing I know, he picks me up so I was IN his arms. lol
2009 - Sitting front row and having Edward Cullen say my name/point to me during the first Twilight sequence. ("I.. I'm.. I'm not gay.. Hey Chris!") lol
2010 - Most likely getting a lapdance from Lindsay Lohan... And of course getting a pic with the "new" BILL (yes, he changed again lol)
2011 - Probably meeting my most excellent friend Tyler. He's become my B&T viewing buddy.
2012 - Tyler & I decided to whip out our P&T 3D glasses one night right before B&T come out. And the other three people we knew did the same, now on top of this, we're all sitting in the front row. So when B&T came out to do their "domestic partnership registry" thing and are told "Thats for gay people", Ted looked at us and said "Like wearing 3D glasses gay?".
_________________________________________________________________________________

When it comes to B&T, I'm not as judgemental of this show as the rest of the HHN crowd is, but this is also due to the fact that I know better than to pass judgement on it after only 1 or 2 viewings. This year was my only exception to that way of thinking. Obviously, some years are better than others, but for me, each show ends up being equal with the previous years for the most part. I try to see the show at least once or twice a night at HHN, sometimes a 3rd or 4th time if possible. Not every performance is 100% like the previous, so it is always enjoyable. Besides, its the fans that keep the show going strong, especially during its 21st year. As for this year's show, well.....

I initially heard bad things about the show from the beginning, of course I couldn't really pre-judge it too much since I hadn't seen it for myself. Of course this didn't stop my fanboy brain from fearing for the worst. All I had seen, outside of what I had heard, was the casting call sheet, but anyone whos ever seen that for B&T knows not to expect every character listed on there to make it into the show. So I really had no idea what to expect from this year..

Now the show is ALWAYS kinda awful during Employee Preview, but with the mixed reviews I was hearing from the Entertainment Preview, I was on edge. A former B&T cast alumni told me the show was "really great". Unfortunately, as you all read in my EP review, that night was a total disaster (like the ride). Seeing B&T that night was just not possible due to them blocking off entry into the waiting area, resulting in the theater not being full during the performances. I didn't even make an attempt to go near the theater that night due to the crowds. However, I had heard that the theater wasn't even completely filled during shows, which is rather annoying when that just meant more people in the streets/house lines. I promised a friend of mine that I'd see B&T opening weekend, unfortunately, Opening Night was a no-go for seeing it due to the rain and then limited house time.

That first saturday night however, I met up with my Most Excellent friend (aka- B&T loving sidekick) Tyler for my first viewing of the show. I noticed him glancing over at me a few times to see my reaction to this year's show due to it being ENTIRELY DIFFERENT from previous years. Honestly, I really didnt even have much of a reaction due to the fact that I had no idea what the hell was on stage infront of me haha. I remember him asking "What'd you think?" (actually.. quite a few people I know asked me that same question). All I could say was "Um... I'm going to need to see this at least two more times before I can really pass judgement". This isn't my typical reaction to B&T opening weekend. Usually I see it at EP (and its awful), then opening weekend its mind blowingly awesome. So it was going to take a few viewings for me to adjust to how different it was. Of course I also had one other thing preventing me from saying my initial thoughts on the show... and that was due to me having a friend or two in the show.

Those of you who didn't get to see this year's show are probably wondering why it being different would make me go quiet. Well to put it bluntly, I thought this year's show was pretty damn awful lol. It had Bill, it had Ted, but it was missing something. I don't know, maybe part of my judgement was influenced by the impending negative falling out with a friend, but honestly, thats just me making excuses for the show being somewhat weak. Thankfully the unpleasant alternative to not seeing B&T was gouging my eyes out from seeing 20 Penny Circus again, waiting in the long lines of doom for the houses, or dealing with the crowds in the streets. So I wasn't too upset about giving the show multiple chances for improvement. Eventually, the show did grow on me and this was definitely due to the cast working hard to make a lackluster poorly written script into something worth watching. Best of all, its given me a few new qoutes to use until next year's B&T show.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

While the show ended up growing on me, I'm going to break down each scene. This way I can point out what I didn't like and fanboy over what I did...

The Set - Here is what this year's set looked like...
76853_4399230295485_1241797829_n.jpg
The cast never entered/exited the stage from around the sides.. they really only used one of the four doors or one of the 2 blue curtains. Except for the Obama/Romney scene (Ted/Obama came down the stairs to the left of the center section seats. Romney/Bill entered from the right of the set). What significance does this have? Well for those unfamiliar with B&T, that means they DON'T use the barn on the left (closest to not-JAWS) which is usually for vehicle appearances or the Tower on the right (closest to MIB) usually used for a character dying when it "explodes". Like i said, this year's show was entirely different from the previous 20 years...

Videoscreen - Ugh.. I was so annoyed with the fact that they were actually showing those stupid ass youtube stunt-style accidents which people with low intelligence find hilarious. I mean seriously, there was nothing wrong with regular music playing upon entering the theater while waiting for the show to start. And usually they have goofy custom things playing on the screen or nothing at all. The video crap they were playing this year did NOT belong at B&T.

Pre-Show Video - I pretty much loathed the video this year because it wasn't a wonderful romp through past B&T show clips. Or even an intro that would set up the show. Instead it was a stupid song parody that pretty much insulted the show itself and anyone involved, whether fan or cast/crew. Of course it did however create a good opening for my HHN review, with a few minor word changes. But yea, it slowed the show down by a lot... and then they had to have that sweet brown lady run out and do her "lord jesus its a fire" thing, which was pointless.

Opening Dance - While I enjoyed the opening dance, I almost felt that it lacked the energy it should've had. There was just something off about it. But at least now I know Mayan outfits can be faptastically HOT! The downside to this opening dance number was that it was treated more like part of the actual show, than a sextacular way of getting everyone ready for the show. Again, this was due to the pointless video song they felt the need to have beforehand.

B&T Intro/Elections - B&T have had voiceover intros in the past, so this was no big deal, however it wasn't the same with them bursting through the double doors instead of their signature phonebooth. Now I was highly entertained by the "domestic partnership registry" which would mean that B&T would never be apart... "Together. Forever." lol..

Unfortunately B&T don't get to fully do their usual introduction of who they are & that they're "Wyld Stallyns". This is due to the principle interrupting them and that with the new school year, a lot of changes are being made. On top of this, he pits them against each other for class president. While B&T were amusing, them being turned against each other sort've hurt the show in some ways because it meant less interaction together.

I Volunteer - The Katniss volunteering part was pretty entertaining. I have yet to see "The Hunger Games", but that didn't effect the use of this character. Of course B&T referred to her as "Katpiss".. which I didn't notice the first few times seeing the show.

Mad Men 1 - Never watched the show, so had zero knowledge on it. But it was basically filler space and nothing more. However, the actor who plays the role of Don Draper made it slightly amusing, especially since he played the villain "Dick Head" in B&T 2010. Otherwise, pointless scene... all 3 times.

Chris Brown/Rihanna/MIB 3 - Oh yay, a Chris Brown/Rihanna scene.. because this wasn't already made fun of in 2010's pre-show video or anything. Rihanna would've been fine in the show if they had actually made fun of "Battleship". But this was just lazy. I also think Rihanna was a non-mic voiceover character as well.

Then they throw in Agent K from MIB 3, who is basically a wasted character. And lets not forget MIB 3 involved time travel... yet thats not even utilized in this year's show. Of course they have like one black guy on the cast, so they couldn't even have Agent J because the actor had to play Chris Brown.

Oh and then Katniss shows up just to kick Chris Brown in the balls... before dragging his talentless body into the woods. At least they found a use for Katniss, but she was more or less like the "Random Twilight Sequences" from B&T 2009 & "Gaga Gong" from B&T 2010... only not as amusing.

Snooki - This was funny, but mainly because of Ted. This scene was just a way for one reality tv star to bash reality tv shows/stars (specifically the Kardashians).. and then Snooki gives birth backstage to a baby that has abs, insinuating it belongs to The Situation. Oh but yay... she's another character in the show that is just one big non-mic voiceover.

Mad Men 2 - See previous.

Siri - Ugh.. this scene was such a waste. It was blatantly obvious that it was nothing more than a filler scene. It provided a few laughs, but otherwise it was just pointless. On top of that, Siri only had one brief interaction with B&T.. Bill appears and says he's running for president and Siri tells him "Mind your own business. Hashtag Dead Hipster" Bill: "Hashtag I hate hashtags". Oh and lets not forget the fact that Siri was also a non-mic voiceover role. They really could've done such a better job with Siri (like Hollywood did).

Miss Princess Beauty Pageant - Despite this scene being completely random due to the fact that the show takes place at San Dimas High, it was one of the funnier scenes, which also happened to include BILL. Stacie Jaxx hosting the pageant was a good use of the character, since he could've just been thrown into the finale. I'm glad they found a way to spoof Snow White this year. I had completely forgotten about the tv series "Once Upon A Time", but they had Snow White from there, UNI's Snow White (Kristen Stewart), and then Disney's classic cartoon Snow White. Of course we all hope that "Princess Bill" wins, unfortunately... the winner ends up being Honey BooBoo, who then chases BILL off stage since he is wearing the tiara & has the rose bouqet. It was pretty damn funny.

Obama/Romney - This "Rap-Battle" scene annoyed me because it was stupid and was basically thrown into the show just to have Obama/Romney incorporated into the show. Of course they did the whole election thing better in 2008 with the Obama/McCain preshow. Hell, even 2004's presidential themed B&T show with Dr Evil & Mr Burns was better. Of course to make matters worse, some uptight asshat who has no sense of humor and faps to Fox news as if it was porn had to complain. This resulted in the dialogue/raps being changed. While Romney's new rap was actually an improvement, Obama's was made worse, especially with the removal of "bitch". As I said, this scene was really nothing more than a way to include the presidential canidates into the show.

Avengers - Best use of the avengers without actually using them. And it was actually funny, plus it was a Ted scene. Making the Avengers into the "popular kids" in school worked really well. Although Hawkeye was sort of the uncool reject lol. It was also nice that they didn't use Tony Stark/Iron Man this time around and only mentioned him having beer in the back of his camero. Unfortunately Thor and Bruce Banner/Hulk were non-mic voiceover roles, BUT their contribution to the scene was hilarious.

Magic Mike - Again, random scene that doesn't fit with the show. Of course, you'd think I'd like this scene... but no, I really didn't. Shirtless fat guys are so not what anyone needs or wants to see... yea, totally throw up in your mouth worthy. It was amusing, but only due to the redeeming quality of the girls on the upper level platform yelling things at Magic Mike when he comes out and tries to do his little magic spiel- "Take your clothes off Copperfield!" "You suck!" "I volunteer to see your wizard nipples" "oooo show us your magic wand..... No. Thats not it." "Make your pants disappear!"

Mad Men 3 - See previous.

Voting closes in 5 minutes - This was just so random, but it provided quite a few laughs... and it included Gangnam Style! (which was also randomly thrown in there). I still don't think I ever fully figured out who half the characters are that make an appearance. B&T's responses were really what provided the laughs.

Of course my favorite two parts were the innuendos of BILL being gay, it gave me lulz.
Random Female: "Don't worry, it gets better" BILL: "How does she know?"
Random Gay Guy: "The hottest club for bisexual monkeys is called Peter Porker" BILL: "Im not gay!" TED: "Yeah right"/"Thats not what your boyfriend said" BILL: "Shut it."

Obviously the best part was the JAWS ride reference. I'm glad they acknowledged the ride in some way.
Tourist:"Where the hell is JAWS?!?!?" TED: "He's chasing Michael Phelps" *Sharkey appears holding a cardboard sign* BILL: "Awww Sharkey we miss you!"

Dick Clark/Phonebooth - I was really happy that Dick Clark was used in the show, however I envisioned his inclusion differently. I was hoping this year's show would have "Dick Clark's Rockin' Countdown To The End of the World".. it would've certainly tied into the Mayan opening dance number. At least Dick Clark made the phonebooth appear... which had been absent the entire show. And then is only used to go back in time to bring back Abraham Lincoln... for the end of the show.

Bill/Ted Make Up - This was a really funny scene.. but it also showed that two really good friends could overcome something (especially something stupid) and go back to being friends again. I loved the nights when BILL would mention the new Ninja Turtles cartoon lol. And of course we can't forget what number Ted was thinking of during this scene- "69 DUDE!"

21 Jump Street - I didn't realize that this was supposed to be spoofing 21 Jump Street until someone told me. Which just shows that the script had flaws because it was just so random. While somewhat amusing, it was a weak "ending" before the finale dance.

Principle Dingleberry = Mark Zuckerburg = Al Roker
Captain America = Channing Tatum (the only reveal that is actually associated with the movie)
Katniss = Katy Perry
Chris Brown = Joseph Kony
Snooki = Tyler Perry who was really pregnant

Before anyone else can reveal who they really are Bill asks if there is anyone here that actually goes to this school. Naturally, the audience raises their hand with B&T lol.. Having Abraham Lincoln felt like a nice tribute to the first B&T movie. While on some level it was cool that Al Roker filmed a cameo for the show, it was like a poorly executed Scooby-Doo unmasking sequence with him being two other people before that. Not to mention that Zuckerburg really being Al Roker sort've kills the whole vengeance aspect of wanting to break up the Wyld Stallyns. Had the script been reworked, I think this scene would've been better.

On a completely somewhat unrelated note, while getting Al Roker to do a video cameo, I feel like they should've just gotten Penn & Teller to do something instead. Whether its for the final reveal or just something else in the show entirely, it was a missed opportunity.

Finale Dance - While I did enjoy it for the most part... my initial reaction to the "afro circus/skrillex" part was "WTF is this shit!?" lol. It grew on me after a few viewings, but wow.. what a drastic change to what is normally used in the finale. Very unexpected. I liked that the Beastie Boys were used for the finale, BUT to use the same damn song that was used in 2004's B&T finale with Beastie Boys this year was lazy. Yes, the song works well for the show, but with MIB3 this year, I would've expected "Intergalactic". While the finale was good, it sort've felt like it lacked something.

Like not using P&T in B&T somehow, there was a missed opportunity to feature Alice Cooper in the finale dance. This year was perfect for including one of his songs into the show since there was an AC house.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Bloopers
This year had a few flubbed lines and wardrobe malfunctions because not every show can go exactly as planned...
Dick Clark - Completely flubbed lines.
Captain America - "I'm not really Channing Tatum, I'm really... wait.. no"
Katniss- Goes to rip off her shirt to reveal she is really undercover Agent Katy Perry, but her shirt doesn't fully rip off on the first attempt.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Final Show
The highly anticipated final show that I (along with many others) eagerly await to see due to the antics that always happen within the show. Most people think that rushing around to their favorite houses and jumping in line at the last possible second is the best way to end that year's HHN event, but unfortunately for them... they couldn't be more misguided. Attending the last B&T show of the year is like a right of passage for HHN. Which is why a lot of scareactors try to have the final night off so they can be there. Its the loudest, occaisionally most half-naked, and most fun you'll have at the show, especially if you've seen it a multitude of times that year. While this year's show may not have been the best, the final show was pretty damn hilarious. One thing you will have to expect are scenes being extended due to the casts wonderful improv skills, along with new character appearances within the show. Some scenes end up having completely different results all together. This year was no different... While I can't remember everything, here are eight of the biggest changes off the top of my head:
- Longer B&T "domestic partnership registry" gay references, B&T actually getting through their introduction without being interrupted.
- Mad Men scene had more ass slapping, Principle Dingleberry took the scotch for himself, Planned Parenthood guy confirmed his wife got around.
- Snow White from "Once Upon A Time" had Chik-Fila polynesian sauce.
- Michelle Obama was added to the Epic Rap Battles scene.
- Ted gets the Popular Kids vote, Blackwidow is topless, Bruce Banner is pantsless.
- Magic Mike had a bigger "wand".

- BILL admitting he was "a little curious" in reference to the whole bisexual/gay thing.
- Ryan Seacrest was added to the Dick Clark scene.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Overall, I ended up enjoying this year's show. Sure it wasn't perfect, but it still delivered the laughs and the escape from reality, which is always a plus. The cast did a great job and worked hard to make it as good of a show as the previous years. One issue that I noticed the show lacked was the usual "fight" between the good guys vs bad guys, but the show also lacked good vs bad to begin with. So while it certainly was not the best or my favorite show, it will still hold a special place in my fanboy heart... and as I said before, I will of course find every opportunity to use quotes from the show just like every year until the next one. Bill & Ted is just one of those shows you can't help but love and for those that don't even give it a chance are really missing out. I can't imagine HHN without this show.. it really is the best part of the event for me (besides the alcohol of course).

Now as for Hollywood's B&T show this year....

All I have to say is -fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap- Seriously... their show was practically perfect. Our opening dance was good, theirs was better. Our finale dance was good, theirs was better. I liked our cast, but their cast was sex on stage. It was great seeing them do an entirely different show than ours, BUT at the same time, it sucked not getting to experience it in person. I have however watched Hollywood's B&T show the same amount of times as I saw ours via online lol. I really liked their cast. Their B&T were great, especially the dude who played BILL.

Having the Grim Reaper as the villain was a really great tribute to the 2nd B&T movie. However, I felt that he was somewhat underused and got overshadowed by the Hunger Games plot. The fact that the show had its own pre-show queue video was awesome too (hence the inclusion of it above).

HOLY CLASSIC MONSTER SEX APPEAL BATMAN! Even with my highly sexualized mind, I never thought the classic universal monsters could become so freakin hot! I loved the laboratory nurses too. All I could think about was that Orlando needed this opening dance next year and Beetlejuice's Graveyard Revue needed this added to the show as well in some way.. But yea, this opening dance was amazeballs (as seen above).

The Bieber scenes.. haha... some of the best quotes came from his scenes. lol
Bieber: "If anyone.. says another word about me... I will blow.. every dude.. in this room."
Bill: "I bet you will"

Bieber: "I love balls"
Bill: "Yea you do"

I really liked the Evil Queen from Snow White, she was hilarious. I almost wish they removed the Hunger Games introduction chick with her instead. That way it'd make Snow White getting shot with the arrow more amusing. But yea, great team up with the Grim Reaper. "Blaze this forest on the count of three... burn baby burn, just like when I pee!"

Their Magic Mike scene was obviously more about sex appeal, than comedy (like last year's SuckerPunch/Burlesque scene), but if i had to change one thing, i'd remove the audience member lap dance part only because it took away from the guys doing a good dance number. Oh and I loved that B&T were just casually sitting there on the ground watching the 'stripper' guys do their thing. "Well Ted, I don't think those were real firemen."

Now not having seen the Hunger Games, I'm probably missing something, but it seems odd that B&T aren't the "winners" considering the other "tributes" are dead. So im confused why one of them would have to die when they're part of the same district. It seems like plot hole just to have a Bill vs Ted scene. I'm not complaining because I've always loved Evil Bill, but oh well... at least we got a gay joke out it.
Ted: "Bill I think you should put your banana in my mouth"
Bill: "Uh okay Ted, but I don't think thats going to work"

OMG Hollywood's Siri was amazing.. especially when she became real. She totally reminded me of Lisa from Weird Science. "Miss me boys? Now who wants their floppy disks turned into hard drives?"

I would've killed to see Hollywood's final show.. I bet it was amazing. Of course I would've loved to have seen the show multiple times throughout the event in general. There was just many things about this year's show that was so good, its hard to actually describe it. I really hope Hollywood has another amazing show next year (and that our show is just as good). This year was by far the best Hollywood's show has been since its return in 2007. Now in closing, I leave you with Hollywood's faptastic 2012 B&T finale...

So remember...

Be Excellent To Each Other!

And Party On Dudes!!!

• Like 1

I really really, really really hate how our show sucked so much and Hollywood's show was amazing.

They dumped their IP houses and don't let us have our own thing in here but they don't do the same show for both parks? we really had it rough this year. :wacko:

• Like 1