HELL'S POINTERS ON HOW TO NAVIGATE A HOUSE...without blowing it for everyone else

WOW....we are now into week 5 of what is now my second year as a HHN scareactor(nine if you want to count"guest" years)..and tonight I had what some would call " a moment of clarity" ..It has become obvious to me that a large number of people have NO idea how to navigate a house(or "maze") and get the desired effect..which, to me, is to experience something unknown and new, and to leave with your heart in your throat.These sensations should be accompanied by uttering certain verbage such as "HOLY S!@# ! LET'S DO THAT AGAIN!" or "HOW DID THEY DO THAT?????" Now to be fair ,,there are a vast number of HHN Vets that come in and open up the mind so as to gain the desired effect...BUT unfortunately, there are always some that have to go and ruin it for everyone else.The first step in any solution ..is to identify the problem.SOOOO that being said.I offer my observations in the hope of making it better for everyone...and now once again the DISCLAIMER..

The following comments are the sole OPINIONS of the poster and DO NOT REFLECT opinions or views held by UNI .

Or anyone else for that matter.

In the interest of opening this topic up to everyone...I'm going to start with my top three , and if anyone else decides to read this , feel free to add on your observations. Here we go...

#1 THE POINTER....This is the individual who enters the room and immediately feels duty bound to point out every scare in the room. Now I could be wrong, but I don't think any of these rooms were meant ( AGAIN MY THOUGHTS) to be a scary gloomy "Where's Waldo?" hunt . If your powers of observation are that fast and keen , GREAT!!! But please don't blow it by pointing it out for everyone else in the room to see.Some people paid ALOT of money to come in and get the bejeezus scared out of them and after someone points everything out in 5 seconds, that's not going to happen. Also consider that since this is a moving line, the people around this individual wind up going thru an entire house with EVERYTHING pointed out.I certainly don't want to wait 60 plus min in a line for that.

#2 THE "STAREDOWN" This one feels the need to get right in the face of the SA after a scare and stair them down usually followed by a "Bowing up" or the utterance of "Your not scary!" There is NOTHING to be proven or accomplished by doing this. The ONLY result of this is holding up the line ...If you're not scared , just move on and feel good about your brave self..

#3 THE STATUS UPDATER OR"TWEETER"....social media is a wonderful thing ...I dare say that it might have a direct result on the constant increased success of the event...but please..WAIT TILL YOU'RE DONE WITH THE HOUSE...I cannot begin to count the number of times I have seen this occurring while going through the house...the result??

Texting...not paying attention ..and then "ROAR!!!!!!" Don't get mad..THIS IS WHAT WE ARE SUPPOSED TO DO TO YOU .This winds up with a phone being dropped ( shattered glass screen) or even loss of said phone after it is inadvertantly kicked across the floor..and of course we're not going to leave without the phone so......holding up the line again......

Without a doubt , there are many more..but, dear reader,...I'm gonna leave some of those for you to post....

See you all again ..SOON

• Like 3

I think I seriously doubt anyone in here does that... at least from this site. This would be wonderful if it was read by the clueless ones, maybe posting this on facebook would help. you don't even need to say you are an actor these are just common sense tips.

But we all know people completely lose their brains and become 4 year old drunk children at HHN lol,

Edited by Mr. Black

What's even worse are the ones that go through the house feeling the need they have to try and feel everything, take it a part, and even destroying things in the process. We've witnessed this in The Walking Dead a couple weeks ago, and happened in EVERY room by this person!

You can notice this at about week 3, as the houses seem to lack items, parts of the set, and broken things. If you want to see things better, see how they are made, and get touchy feely, then by all means please take a Unmasking the Horror (UTH) Tour! You will learn A LOT of things!

• Like 2

Mr Black I believe you are quite correct...maybe my intentions for this thread are that should anyone from this site be around these"people" they might suggest to knock it off in order to more thoroughly enjoy their run....but aren't we ALL a bit tired of this?..By the By.Mz good to see you in the tower the other night... and by all means feel free to repost this anywhere you want.....

Edited by Hell0513
  • Like 1

Hope you don't mind if I add in one more. I know people will run backward or jump forward because of a scare, but for God's sake, don't keep running into the person in front of or behind you. Once maybe, but then you should get the concept and temper your fear with a bit of courtesy for those around you,.

This is especially bad with tour groups (so many of those this year) or trains of teeny bopper girls who seem to think it's really, really cute. I've learned to always carry a water bottle or mini umbrella, and the second time they run backwards into me (I'll give 'em one freebie), they hit the point of either one of those objects before they hit me. Amazing how it instantly cures them from doing it a third time.

Running forward into me is a bit more tricky, but I've administered a well placed cow kick a time or two (most recently to some idiot male teen in a tour group whose group of fellow males was worse than any gaggle of girls), and that takes care of it. Hey, I can't help it. I'm a relatively short old woman, and it's my automatic response to the pain of your idiotic body slam.

Hope you don't mind if I add in one more. I know people will run backward or jump forward because of a scare, but for God's sake, don't keep running into the person in front of or behind you. Once maybe, but then you should get the concept and temper your fear with a bit of courtesy for those around you,.

When people shove, thats when I start throwing bows. (Elbows)