Street Experiences: Trick r' Treaters and Zombies

As i was wondering around the park on 10/14 we noticed a random new group of people. They are very new so maybe not many of you have seen them yet. but they are there and you should start seeing them hopefully out on Wednesday. If you can figure out what they are please feel free to explain it to me. Im just not getting it. I noticed that they all have a plastic face and most of the costumes are either from previous events or are from Mardi Gras. so lets figure out what they are. i kind of doubt they are putting a whole new legion in so late in the run. It could just be filler spaces for when the hordes are moving for all i know.

No idea about times.

I was able to see both of the new groups in action and they're amazingly fast paced and energetic. Spent a good time watching the new Trick R' Treaters last night, since it was my day off.

yeah I also sat down to watch them, I think I saw you as well, I wanted to see the new zombies but I did not know where they were and when I passed by that Area where they are supposed to be there was nothing. so i completely missed them

Edited by Mr. Black

I finally saw the new zombie "horde" after walking around the park like 3 times.

problem is, once I found them in the Area where they were supposed to be I only saw about 4 zombies. I'm sure there were more but they were probably walking somewhere else. In front of the Film Festival restaurant I saw about 4 zombies for about 5 minutes before they disappeared. I waited thinking it would just be a cast change or something but they never came back, I went to the Simpsons ride and came back like 20 minutes later and nothing, so I guess they went somewhere else.

I never saw them again the rest of the night.

The Zombies and Trick r' Treaters are an attempt to fill in more of the dead space in the park and try to truly make 100% coverage for scareactors. Over 85 new actors were hired for it, while the streets already have over 200 (I know it seems exaggerated, but keep in mind that they have larger zones to fill as well).

The Zombies stay in the IFFF area and may take over Krustyland as well, while the Trick r' Treaters stay around Shrek and Despicable Me.

The Zombies and Trick r' Treaters are an attempt to fill in more of the dead space in the park and try to truly make 100% coverage for scareactors. Over 85 new actors were hired for it, while the streets already have over 200 (I know it seems exaggerated, but keep in mind that they have larger zones to fill as well).

The Zombies stay in the IFFF area and may take over Krustyland as well, while the Trick r' Treaters stay around Shrek and Despicable Me.

well see that's what everyone said, that the zombies would be in that area, I spend today walking by the area from MIB to IFFF while I did house of horrors and Alice cooper today, and from all those times I only saw the zombies once, for 5 minutes, and then they disappeared. I walked that area at least 4-5 different times. I kept thinking they moved them somewhere else because I just could never find them. I was glad when I did but I only found like 4. I wanted to see these guys in action but this is the third time I miss them, I don't know what to say.

so 85 actors? how many actors per cast? whenever I see the trick or treaters I usually see no more than 7 or something like that. and that's counting stilt walkers and everything, I would have never thought it was that many.

Either the Trick r' Treaters are roaming or they changed their location, as I saw them between Mel's and Central Park tonight.

Zombies still seem a bit underpopulated, but they did a good job and were pretty fast. It also seems that their area is greatly restricted to make up for the lack of actors: they pretty much only take International Food & Film, without extending to Simpsons or closer to Animal Actors.

I was at HHN on 10/18/2012 and saw both groups when I asked a team member about the characters and what they were he shrugged and steped aside and there stood Laura Wallace the Director of the streets. After having an HHN geekgasm I tried to compse myself and she explained the zombies are more 28 Days later fast moving zombies. They did great! I saw then hiding in plants and diving out allot of crouching, leaping, and charging. The others she said is a more nostalgic look back at halloweens past I was purplexed by them lots of stilts in the group and it felt like some of the costumes looked like 1920's film actors dressed up for a halloween party.

Also saw Dee Snider and the folks filming Celebrity Apprintice All Stars there that night so perhaps we will see a but of HHN on the show this season.

• Like 1

Saw the stilwalker with the crossbones following a woman with his knife relentlessly last night while lurking near Central Park waiting the Strengoit meet-up. Every time she thought she had got away and looked behind her there he was again stabbing down at her. Very good scaring technique and quite frightening for the victim.

I was confused on these new scareatcors. They all (well most) have some sort of edged weapon. Some have those clear masks on while still others have what looks like a Heath Ledger joker smile. I saw one girl, dressed as a pumpkin, her arms had pumpkins on them as well, and scikles jutting out where her hands should be. If i remember, she had the joker smile. Many look like they are out of a carnival.

Any idea what the story is with these guys?

• Like 1