HOTY Predictions

Harry Warden

HOTY Prediction (Early in the run)  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Any early predictions for House of the Year?

• AMC's "The Walking Dead"
    • Welcome to Silent Hill
    • Alice Cooper - Welcome to My Nightmare
    • Penn & Teller New(kd) Las Vegas
    • Dead End
    • Gothic
    • Universal's House of Horrors

I have a feeling House of Horrors is going to take it this year. The GP love it.

I heard many of them speaking favorably of Gothic and Dead End, too, but I also heard a few people say they didn't like those houses. I never heard anyone speak ill of HoH.

My personal favorite is Silent Hill, but I think HOTY should go to Gothic for the combination of great scares and amazing scenery.

• Like 1

as much as i love Gothic, i believe HoH deserves it. they basically had nothing to work with (design and actors) and didn't really get to properly rehearse until people started moving through the house, but they made it work. the cast works their asses off at getting scares, and scare they most certainly do. if the vote is strictly cast performance, HoH wins by a landslide. if it's a combination of effects, scares, scenery and atmosphere, DE or Gothic will win. i don't think any IP will win, unless they just hand it to TWD because of the draw it's pulling in.

I can't say what I think should get HOTY because I'm kinda bias to Gothic...however I would like to put in my opinion as to who should NOT get it. HoH everytime i've been through was boring and horrible. I have only gotten one decent scare out of the several times through. TWD...I'm so disappointed because I have yet to see many scares at all in there.

It takes many different stats to get HOTY. From guest comments/opinions on scares and design, to the amount of people going through the houses, to injuries and call outs by scareactors. Its a tough accolade to get but I hope beyond hope that Gothic gets me my "championship ring" so I may retire from being a scareactor

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is where I stand:

1. Alice Cooper - Surprise!!!

2. Gothic - I've always loved a stoner party.

3. The Walking Dead - a walker gauntlet just does something to a girl. Nerdgasm.

4. House of Horrors - I just love how the performers took lemons and made Barcardi Limon.

5. Dead End - terror has a new home; I kicked it out of my basement.

6. Penn & Teller - my undead, erm, undying love to Elvis and the Clown.

7. Silent Hill - as I said somewhere else - because someone has to be 7.

Gratitude and applause for all the great work this year :)

• Like 2