House Review

LV-426

I will say my honest opinions on the houses since I was not able to see the streets this year, the rain was awful, but the good thing is that the lines were very short,

there will be spoilers,

Silent Hill: Great sets, very close to the source material, but, It never made me feel like there was any transition from Fog World to the Otherworld, I was expecting some rooms to have orange lighting and brown painted everything and that never happened, at least, I didn't feel it, maybe I Was missing something but I expected some rooms to be all rusty and a lot of orange lighting, didn't really see that. maybe they did and I just didn't get it, I was expecting part of this house to look like the Saws and Steam house honestly,

Costumes were really great, I was happy with the nurses and the other things that live in this house, Pyramid head's costume was really good too. The house felt kinda empty at parts, I was expecting more fake nurses, and more fake monsters, there was a lot of opportunities for scares with fake monsters but that was lacking a lot.

I was a little disappointed with this house, Ilike it, it was okay but it feels it could have been a lot better. there is a lot of repeat of the same characters, not a lot of variety, the house felt short to me as well, I guess maybe I Was just expecting too much, it is good, but not great, I wish it was longer and had rooms that looked like it transformed from world to world, I also wanted to see different costumes, since the house could not have a lot of actors I really wish they had more fake creatures, that would have helped a lot to make it feel like Silent Hill, this house feeling empty hurts the house, they should have put some more creatures around.

Gothic: This house is amazing, breathtaking, the only house that made me go "wow!" the only house in the event I really loved and I was happy about. I loved the facade, Loved the costumes, loved the actors in this house, really really good performances, I loved this, my favorite part is the pa rt that looks like you are in the roof looking at the starts, that was wonderful to have the Gargoyle fly by you, that was so nice, the I loved every room, I loved every costume, this is a 10/10 for me,

Walking Dead: Good sets, pretty close to the show, really good masks, I love the costumes for the walkers, they looked really really good, but this was a little disappointing too, it felt kinda empty, the Barn was pretty empty when I went, I knew they could not have a lot of people there but I only saw one or 2 actors maybe, I don't recall seeing more, at the very end there were wholes in the wooden fence with walkers, I liked that, that was pretty cool, Hopefully it will get better, okay house but not really great or anything, I felt disappointed, some parts felt too open, I guess I wish they made a little bit more closed and narrowed. maybe that was just impossible but I think it could have helped.

Penn and Teller NewKD Las Vegas: Thank God for Penn and Teller,

they are such great guys, the queue video was really funny, I love seeing Penn talk, so I loved the video, it was pretty much their type of humor, the 3D was good, the rooms were funny, the costumes were pretty good, pretty good gags, I liked some of the rooms like the dark room with all the lights, that room was better than some of the rooms from the 3D house from last year, I will probably visit this house often just to see Penn and Teller

Alice Cooper: :timewarp:

Universal's House of Horrors: this was kinda good, kinda bad, I liked that we finally got a Monster house, and I guess we should all just Thank God we have a 7th house at all... the house was okay but the black light effect did not work well with everything, some of the masks looked cheesy and ugly, they did not translate well with the light, the brides of dracula look really really ugly, at first I thought they were something else, maybe Igor or something, I loved finally seeing the Creature of the Black Lagoon in a house, and I loved the Mummy part where you go down the path, I am not sure the Dead Exposure effect worked that well in here, I don't hate it but I could see myself skipping this house if there is a line longer than 10 minutes, They said the last room will have the most actors in a house, but I seriously did not feel this, I saw a couple of monsters at the end, I kinda wish they just reused more props from past houses, this house is missing that, it felt a little too simplistic,

Edited by Mr. Black

Well like i said in the HoH thread.. you have to keep in mind that the house was never finished. And they may or may not be still fixing the lighting/audio issues. Having done the house 6 times, I can say that the lightning flash/dead exposure attempt does work really well for what they have to work with right now. However, it still has its issues, one of them being that they didnt even have their costumes until last minute which is why they don't really work too well. Wolfman especially needs more paint to show off the mask. Bride of Frankenstein needs a higher wig. etc

As for the finale, yes, they're full of crap for saying it has the most scareactors ever. Die-in & Silver Screams had similar endings as this with multiple characters. All of the monsters are in the finale... except for Dracula's Brides. Although I don't believe Bride of Frankenstein is in there either. (i always manage to get distracted/turned around in there <_< ) Phantom, Drac, Frankenstein, Creature & Wolfman are in there for sure though.

Just give HoH some time. Opening weekend WAS basically their rehearsal. Seriously, they got royally screwed.

• Like 1

well thats because UNI was trying to create hype since they failed to do so with their marketing this year. Hence the reason they let a group of youtubers film all 7 houses the other night as a form of media to create "more hype". But yes, i pretty much knew what the finale would be before it was even hinted or was told, but for what they did, i like it. Although i sort've dislike the 5 foot path of nothingness after it, it still keeps that scene dark, which is great.

Timed right, you'll get a great run-through... But for now, UNI needs to fix the lighting issues (which they probably wont) and the scareactors need to find their groove (which they will)

• Like 2

i think it's sad 90% of the people that will go threw that house won't know that the problems were due to the house being built in barely a month and will automatically call the house "crap". even if they had the house planned from the start, it's still not the worse house this year(look next door for that ;) ). i saw major improvements from just Friday to Saturday. I think as the weeks progress this will become great as it has the most potential to grow out of every house this year.

as for the rest of your review, i agree about the barn. There should have been at least 6-7 walkers in there. That house is already the most populated out of the whole event, why not take a few from the streets and stick them there?Or better yet, just hire some more.

i also agree with SH. i loved the house, but it had soo much potential to be better than it is. that fact that there's only 1 pyramid head really bothers me. the nurse scene could've been better. it felt a little understaffed to me.