HHN 22: Employee Preview (9/19/2012)

WESKER69

Alright... now for the reviews of stuff...

The "NEW STREET EXPERIENCE" was a complete joke.

Seriously, whoever thought this was a good idea needs to be fired.

The streets were AWFUL! Now the scareactors themselves were pretty decent, but some seemed rather bored. One of the main issues is the casts are too small for such large areas. It was pretty much how I predicted it would be. There was seriously MORE dead space in the streets this year than there is when they have regular stationary scarezones. I would rate their "NEW STREET EXPERIENCE" as a complete failure (mostly due to lack of scareactors). Oh and lets not forgot how random the cemetery set pieces are with scareactors that AREN'T "Grim Reapers" or "Vampires".

you mean her? :lol: lol

Edited by Mr. Black
  • Like 1

Also the lines for the bars were horrible. In KZ there is a bar across from a food tent and the lines were crossing each other, it was difficult to get through it all. The bar line outside P&T/AC exit was across the walk way too. At one point the line in front of Silent HIll/Monsters (bar) was going across the road and there was a fight. They really need to get the lines in control...add ropes or something like the regualr stands have, or it will be a nightmare.

• Like 1

I guess Friday & Saturday will be the true tests of how this is going to go. I remember last year on a Thursday there were no scare actors out in the 7, Night maze or the canyon of dark souls scare zones until almost 10:30 that night. The Houses were even missing a few scare actors in spots that everyone knew they were in before. People were saying how they had wasted their money and were not coming back, Then that Friday the scare actors were on full force and it was an amazing night.

This is a huge event and they are trying some new things this year, I'm going to give HHN the benefit of the doubt that they are going to work out the kinks from last night and/or that they just didn't prepare properly because it was EP and not a main event night.

yes the real reviews might come from Friday and Saturday, if those reviews are overall negative I say Uni has a problem this year,

can they fix everything in two days? all the issues? is that even possible? I know Friday the streets will have Full actors in the zones,

but some of the problems I read from the people here don't sound like they will be fixed just by adding more actors. I don't know BHvYB.gif

Edited by Mr. Black
  • Like 1

The Walkers are masked, but if they're able to open their mouths... im not exactly sure. We only stayed in the area for about 10-15mins. I would say they should be able to. Of course it'd be nice if they could/would add them to the map since they're technically an actual scarezone similar to 2010's Zombie Gras. The only downside about the Disaster area, is like i mentioned before... too. freakin. dark. There really needs to be some more lighting otherwise they're going to get lost in the crowds resulting in people asking "where are the walkers/zombies at? i didnt see them"

Even though I havent gone to the event yet, I still have hope in universal and that they can pull off this event right, if not perfectly. My biggest issue is that I don't believe there was a lot of interaction between the different levels of management (A&D, Marketing, and Constuction) because of that we have roam hordes and down one house this year. As much as I like all these property's they chose. I still would have preferred IP houses and possibly a orginal icon, but what are you going to do. I really do hope that for the years to come we see a better connection between the different departments involved with both universal and hhn.

Having been to multiple employee previews over the years, thats how i can judge it. So I don't need to get over myself. If you read carefully, I said as of last night, the event sucked. And like others have pointed out, when 90% of us are all saying the same thing... that should probably be a pretty good indication that it was bad. Don't get all pissy with me or any of the others just because we're not bowing down & worshipping the event as the greatest thing on the planet. There is a reason for us to give our honest opinions of what we experienced- that is so the event & those involved can improve.

I have no problem people expressing their opinion of the preview. I just don't thinks it's fair to base a whole event on the performance of a preview that for years is never at %100, meant to test out the event for tweets to perform, and is not officially not a event night. If you have issues with the preview by all means let us know but wait until the event opens before making a opinion on the whole event.

• Like 1

This will be straight forward about everything and maybe out of order. I'm only strictly short-reviewing houses/characters not scares since it's Scareactors first night.

I've done all 7 houses and watched Bill & Ted. Got everything done with an hour to spare.

We went by this order:

Alice Cooper

Bill & Ted

The Walking Dead

Silent Hill

Gothic

Dead End

House of Horrors

Penn & Teller

The wait times were screwy all night. So I ignored all of them and just went in. The longest wait was for TWD. Their queue is really long and awkward due to construction going on. This will be the most popular house period.

Construction in Amity and the soundstage will hamper the crowds immensely. The pathway in Amity is insanely narrow and very annoying to walk through. If it was possible, Uni needs to widen the pathway just a little bit. I understand if they can't due to safety reasons. The soundstage area has cut off Shrek alley completely.

Alice Cooper - There was some weird moments but I'm having the overall "I don't get it." I keep hearing that people who know his music will understand. Maybe that will make a difference?

TWD - Really short house for a very long line. There was neat references from the show. There was a lot "Meh" to "Cool" stuff.

Silent Hill - My childhood! Many people will not get this house if they never played the video games and watched the movie. The things I expected did meet my exceptions and I died in one scene. There was potential for more in this house.

Gothic - This house was beautiful! The details were amazing! I loved the atmosphere! They had all my favorite effects all in one house! You have to look Everywhere or you will miss something!

Dead End - Same description as Gothic. This house was fascinating and eerie!

House of Horrors - If you loved Dead Exposure, you will love this house! Simple yet very creepy!

Penn & Teller - It was different and hilarious. Make sure you watch the queue video! I had no need for the 3D glasses. It actually just distorted my vision instead.

------------------------------------------------------------

Streets - I like the audio and the atmosphere. I didn't see much of the scareactors but there's obvious reasons for that and I don't blame them. I really do like the costumes from what I've seen.

Bill & Ted - Saw the very first showing. Very slow pace but it will improve as always throughout the event. A lot of people don't get what's going in the show like "Who is that?" or "I don't get it.". I guess I was lucky to know 98% of what's in the show. I think it's the first year under a different person if I remember correctly?

Everywhere else - The lighting from the lagoon really adds on to whole atmosphere. I did miss the "shows" though. I loved the park soundtrack especially when Silent Hill comes up.

• Like 2

I know this has probably already been established in other threads, but to what extent do the hordes (with the exception of the walkers) move around the park? Are they tied to the areas we originally thought, or do they migrate, and if so, how far?

Edited by Blizzrock13

Alright, I filled in the streets that were blocked off last night to give those of you who were not there an idea of what we're all talking about.

urU8b.jpg

Thank you Wesker. That definitely makes more sense. People had it sounding like there was no chance of going 'full circle' if that makes any sense. In this case, I honestly don't see what the big deal is...sure it's slightly inconvenient but I don't think it's something that really should make or break the event. In the end, we all get in better shape from the walk...get's you nice and warmed up to run from any scareactors too....win, win :P

• Like 1

Oh I'm sure! To be honest though, me and girlfriend never used those paths last year. We loved '7' so we tried to walk through there as much as possible and always opted for the long way because of that. More so, we even take that path in the park on regular days....just to reminisce about our first HHN together and how much we loved that scarezone /end mushy rant haha so it's nothing out of the ordinary of what I do at the parks regularly anyway, ya know?

Regardless, I'm not too worried about it. In fact I always follow a perfect circle in starting with what is now HoH and ending with what is now Silent Hill. So the only times this will become a problem is when we want to repeat houses out of order. But like I said, not worried....that's on the bottom of my list of things to worry about haha

Construction in Amity and the soundstage will hamper the crowds immensely. The pathway in Amity is insanely narrow and very annoying to walk through. If it was possible, Uni needs to widen the pathway just a little bit. I understand if they can't due to safety reasons.

it was mentioned in the Rumors shoutbox earlier today that the London waterfront in AMITY is supposedly opening up tomorrow to widen the street.

Here's a bit of input from a scareactor's perspective. I noticed people kept to the old rules a lot, that is, they didn't wan't to look like a wuss in front of their friends, so they stayed off the sidewalks and out of the areas that used to be off limits to scareactors, such as the waterfront walkways in CP. Five times during my set did I wander down to that waterfront because they told us they wanted half of us over there, only to find it devoid of all life. The same goes for sting alley. I was so psyched about using sting alley as it's such a great place for scares, but when we went down there.....nobody. As for the sidewalks, there's no point in going up there if no one's using them. Although it did make for some of the best scares of the evening when someone WOULD seek safe passage by running up there, only to lose their mind when I'd step right up after them.

• Like 5

Here's a bit of input from a scareactor's perspective. I noticed people kept to the old rules a lot, that is, they didn't wan't to look like a wuss in front of their friends, so they stayed off the sidewalks and out of the areas that used to be off limits to scareactors, such as the waterfront walkways in CP. Five times during my set did I wander down to that waterfront because they told us they wanted half of us over there, only to find it devoid of all life. The same goes for sting alley. I was so psyched about using sting alley as it's such a great place for scares, but when we went down there.....nobody. As for the sidewalks, there's no point in going up there if no one's using them. Although it did make for some of the best scares of the evening when someone WOULD seek safe passage by running up there, only to lose their mind when I'd step right up after them.

lol I Need to see this!

Although it did make for some of the best scares of the evening when someone WOULD seek safe passage by running up there, only to lose their mind when I'd step right up after them.

I got 3 sidewalk scares during the night, and one of them was just as you said; while the A Beasts were in Hollywood for their last set, I was walking from Mel's all the way to the bathroom arch to see if I could duck in there. I started following this one woman at a fast pace (we were both going the same way, so it technically wasn't chasing). She started to panic more and more, and eventually jumped onto the sidewalk to escape me. When she turned around one more time to see me still following her, she bolted right out of the zone screaming.

Keep in mind, guys, Hollywood and New York are the only zones that have sidewalks in the first place. So it's not like adding sidewalks to the approved list is going to massively change the dynamic of the entire event. Not to mention that most people walk in the street, so you'll be doing sidewalks rarely. I'm waiting to see how we fare with a larger crowd (EP was pretty small outside of the bars from what I could see) who will go into newly opened areas.

Bill & Ted - Saw the very first showing. Very slow pace but it will improve as always throughout the event. A lot of people don't get what's going in the show like "Who is that?" or "I don't get it.". I guess I was lucky to know 98% of what's in the show. I think it's the first year under a different person if I remember correctly?

It's Patrick Braillard's 2nd year.