Your Top Most Anticipated Houses of 2012

And now the new results:

1. Welcome to Silent Hill (16 First place votes)

2. Gothic (11)

3. Universal's House of Horrors (7)

4. Dead End (3)

5. Penn and Teller (6)

6. The Walking Dead: Dead Inside (3)

7. Alice Cooper (1)

Very tight race between the top three with SH moving to the top on the wings of it's 1st place votes.

AC still at the bottom and can now be found with Carl wondering around the woods muttering to itself "Why doesn't anyone like me."

• Like 1

AC still at the bottom and can now be found with Carl wondering around the woods muttering to itself "Why doesn't anyone like me."

I think one of the major issues with people not rating TWD higher is simply that they haven't watched the show. I think most people are just thinking "Eh, another zombie house..." For those of us who have watched TWD the past two seasons, it's the chance to follow in the footsteps of the characters we've invested so much time in.

Silent Hill being on top doesn't surprise me, especially considering all the gamers we have on the forum. I'm shocked to see Alice Cooper rock bottom though.

• Like 2

1. Gothic - This sounds like it could be the "wow" house in terms of set design, and I'm really hoping that atmosphere and scares prove to live up to the expectations.

2. Dead End - I actually like that the details we have on this one are vague. As long as it's done well I'm interested to see how the story and scares play out.

3. Alice Cooper: Welcome to my Nightmare - Lots of good reviews from last year's Hollywood house, so I'm hoping that the Orlando budget only makes this one better.

4. The Walking Dead: Dead Inside - I'm a fan of the show, so I'm looking forward to seeing the highlights in person.

5. Universal's House of Horrors - Never got to experience DE, so I'm hoping this is similar. I don't, however, find the classic monsters to be all that frightening. For now.

6. Penn & Teller: New'kd Las Vegas - I enjoy P&T's style of showmanship, so I'm hoping that it really comes through. However, after really enjoying The In-Between last year I'm really not expecting to get as much wow factor out of the 3D here. Uni, please prove me wrong.

7. Welcome to Silent Hill - I don't get why this is my least anticipated. I've seen and enjoyed the first movie, but maybe because I've never played the games I'm just...meh...about this one. That being said, if the intensity here is what I'm thinking it will be then my opinion could quickly change.

1.The Walking Dead-Love the show and the comics and I am totally looking forward to what Uni has done with this awesome series.

2.Silent Hill-The Move was Mehh but the games are very creepy and if uni pulls it off this can be an awesome house.

3.Penn & Teller: New'kd Las Vegas-Radioactive mutations what's not to love

4.Alice Cooper: Welcome to My Nightmare:This house looks like it will have some awesome scares.

5.Dead End:Creepy dolls and ghosts oh my!!

6.Universal's House of Horrors:Loved the Dracula and Frankenstein houses uni has done previously and the Wolfman was awesome.

7.Gothic-Gargoyles can be quite scary and this house sounds pretty good just looking forward to the others more.

Going to re-do my list...things have changed ;)

1. SIlent Hill

2. House of Horrors

3. Alice Cooper: Welcome To My Nightmare

4. Gothic

5. The Walking Dead

6. Penn & Teller

7. Dead End

(my 100th post..woohoo!)

Edited by Perse
  • Like 1

7. Gothic: The sets are sure to be beautiful, but that's not necessarily why I pay eighty bucks to get into the event. The scare-factor just isn't here.

6. The Walking Dead: I hate to be the echo in the room, but I'm not sure how this house is going to be much more than a generic zombie walkthrough when what makes the show such a hit is not present--the characters.

5. Penn and Teller: 3D houses have a tendency to be hit-and-miss...as do comedy houses. Put the two together and what do you have? The potential for either a horrifically fun time or a generally lackluster experience.

4. House of Horrors: While the concept overall does pique my interest, what earned this house such a luke-warm location on the list is my uncertainty as to whether or not it will be able to deliver in the department of scares. These films are iconic, but when their makeup/prosthetics are compared with the horrific creations that have created since, do they really still measure up?

3. Alice Cooper: I was a bit apprehensive about this one at first, however after doing my research (and seeing the shining reviews from last year) my mindset has changed quite a bit.

2. Welcome to Silent Hill: I fully expect this house to be the most frightening of the night. From what I've seen, the lineup (in terms of characters) Universal has planned is nothing short of spectacular.

1. Dead End: The ambiguous qualities that surround this house ultimately knocked it up to the top of my list. Something about the mysterious aura surrounding it really intrigues me.

Hey all, first post with my new username...

I'd have to say my list goes

1. Welcome to Silent Hill

2. Dead End

3. P&T New'kd Vegas

4. The Walking Dead

5. House Of Horrors

6. Gothic

7. Alice Cooper (If its not based on the music so much as the twisted lyrics it may end up jumping up a spot or two.)

1. Silent Hill

2. Gothic

3. Walking Dead

4. Alice Cooper

5. House Of Horrors

6. Dead End

7. Penn & Teller

To be honest there is not much between my top 5. Dead End I just don't know enough about to form an opinion. P&T is easily last for me even though In Between was my favorite house last year. I'm not a fan of them and I just can't get excited about it. If it wasn't 3D I wouldn't care at all but maybe it will surprise me.

• Like 1

1. The Walking Dead: Dead Inside - This is the house that pretty much cemented my visit this year to HHN. I skipped the last two years, and was leaning towards finding a way to get there this year. When they announced this house, I was definitely going. So after a week in Key West for Fantasy Fest, I'm driving up to Orlando for a week. It's my favourite show on television, and hopefully the house proves worthwhile.

2. Universals House of Horrors - This house could potentially be amazing. Unique concept, and I'm very curious as to how they manage it.

3. Penn and Tellers Newked in Las Vegas - I'm a fan of their comedy, and their Showtime show "Bullshit" was excellent. This house could potentially be very good, depending on how much involvement they had with the design, tricks, and effects. It could also fail, but I'm still looking forward to it.

4. Gothic - Sounds amusing. Decent concept, and potentially unique.

5. Silent Hill - Good video game, but a horrible movie. House could be decent, but not exactly an IP i'm looking forward too or care about. To put it in perspective: I was looking forward more to the old "Dead Silence" IP then this one...

6. Dead End - I simply don't have enough information on this house to rank it higher or give a thought.

7. Alice Cooper - Could care less. His music is average at best, and he hasn't been relevant in 30+ years... I think I'd rather walk through a "Duran Duran" house.... I could end up being surprised, but as far as anticipating it.. meh

1. The Walking Dead: Dead Inside - This is the house that pretty much cemented my visit this year to HHN. I skipped the last two years, and was leaning towards finding a way to get there this year. When they announced this house, I was definitely going. So after a week in Key West for Fantasy Fest, I'm driving up to Orlando for a week. It's my favourite show on television, and hopefully the house proves worthwhile.

7. Alice Cooper - Could care less. His music is average at best, and he hasn't been relevant in 30+ years... I think I'd rather walk through a "Duran Duran" house.... I could end up being surprised, but as far as anticipating it.. meh

First of all color me incredibly jealous that your going to Fantasy Fest, we haven't been in several years. I love KW in general, but it's even more special down there during haunt season!

TWD house is what I'm most looking forward to about this year as well, here's hoping they meet and exceed our expectations as fans of the show.

And I think if the Duran Duran house concept was to come to fruition, it would have the potential to be one of the scariest houses. Ever. Especially if they based it on their earlier years and the tons of make up they used to wear.

Guest kiwisoup

1. Dead End - Some may call them boring, but I really like the more traditional supernatural houses. I didn't attend XX so the comparison to LT doesn't apply to me.

2. Silent Hill - I like being actually freaked out and the games have done that for me in the past. Hoping it translates well. Looks amazing with lights on...can't even imagine with them off...Excited for the fog!

3. The Walking Dead - Like the show and zombies in general. Despite the complaining that zombies are overdone or it's just another zombie house...I've never been in any of them at HHN! I'm a little concerned with the location of the house as I've never been too enthused by houses in this location, but here's hoping.

4. Gothic - Looks like it will probably have the best sets and design. Hoping it's expansive.

5. Universal's House of Horrors - This is the one I'm perhaps most curious about. We've seen the least information and pics from it and I'll have to see the effects they use because right now I'm kinda clueless and have a hard time gauging my excitement.

6. Alice Cooper - Not familiar with Alice Cooper and don't like the rehash, but based on what I've seen from Hollywood, it shouldn't be too bad. Rock music isn't something I equate with haunted houses though. Hoping it's different enough from Hollywood because I've seen the walkthroughs.

7. Penn and Teller: New'kd Las Vegas - Campy houses just don't do it for me and 3D in houses just feels gimmicky and not scary. My eyes always have a hard time adjusting to the pitch black also. The recent BTS did the opposite of get me pumped up about it. I'm excited for the interactive buttons at least.

Edited by kiwisoup