The Iniquitus

Beat me to it Wesker haha was just about to post that pic. I think that is a good guess. What is really intriguing me is that they are setting up scare zones for all the groups, but they say the groups will roam. Why set up zones if they are going to be walking around? Makes me skeptical about them actually moving around the park

So...are they the icons for this year, since they seem to be bringing all these creatures throughout the scarezones.

I think it unlikely they are icons as they have not revealed any in depth information about them at this point. I think we'd know about it by now if they were. We are in September and so close to the event that I am starting to fear we won't be seeing an icon this year.

I would have to disagree... its pretty obvious this is our backstory for the event. So yes, The Iniquitus would basically be the iconic masterminds in control. Look at it this way.... you accept this over-all integrated story of them & their legions... or the TWD is our event theme like it said on the survey..

The Iniquitus have basically been pushed aside like The Usher.

• Like 1

I think it unlikely they are icons as they have not revealed any in depth information about them at this point. I think we'd know about it by now if they were. We are in September and so close to the event that I am starting to fear we won't be seeing an icon this year.

That and all the billboards thus far showcase houses, i.e. TWD and Silent Hill. I would think if there was going to be a designated icon...even The Iniquitus, they would be showcased.

I would have to disagree... its pretty obvious this is our backstory for the event. So yes, The Iniquitus would basically be the iconic masterminds in control. Look at it this way.... you accept this over-all integrated story of them & their legions... or the TWD is our event theme like it said on the survey..

The Iniquitus have basically been pushed aside like The Usher.

For me, the Iniquitus are more of a back story character to explain the scarezones. They may be who are in control of the legions, but unless something changes dramatically, they are not close to what I could consider the definitive icon for this year...in the sense that we are not going to see television or print ads based around them.

And as far as the Usher goes, I always viewed him as a friend of the Director who really, really, really so badly wanted to be an icon. He asked the Director to put in a good word for him and milky eyed self, but in the end his creep factor was lacking severely.

When it comes down to it, I don't care who or what is or isn't the icon this year...it could be a troop of rabid Girl Scouts and I wouldn't give a rats ass. :)

• Like 2

That and all the billboards thus far showcase houses, i.e. TWD and Silent Hill. I would think if there was going to be a designated icon...even The Iniquitus, they would be showcased.

And as far as the Usher goes, I always viewed him as a friend of the Director who really, really, really so badly wanted to be an icon. He asked the Director to put in a good word for him and milky eyed self, but in the end his creep factor was lacking severely.

The Usher was more of an icon than The Director. He was not lacking in anyway what-so-ever. He was a product of A&D, NOT marketing, which The Director was, hence his poorly conceived backstory. Marketing doesn't give two shits about A&D... hence why TWD is plastered all over everything this year and SAW, Chucky, Wolfman were plastered all over everything in 2009.

The Iniquitus don't need to be featured in the advertising... they don't need to be shoved down people's throats from every angle to be classified as the main focal point of the event. Its obvious given the description initially posted and the fact that the entire park is being turned into their cemetery.

• Like 1

The Usher was more of an icon than The Director. He was not lacking in anyway what-so-ever. He was a product of A&D, NOT marketing, which The Director was, hence his poorly conceived backstory. Marketing doesn't give two shits about A&D... hence why TWD is plastered all over everything this year and SAW, Chucky, Wolfman were plastered all over everything in 2009.

The Iniquitus don't need to be featured in the advertising... they don't need to be shoved down people's throats from every angle to be classified as the main focal point of the event. Its obvious given the description initially posted and the fact that the entire park is being turned into their cemetery.

See Chris, again, it's your delivery that just throws me off the deep end. You know I love you sweetie...but you have to remember I was just stating my opinion...nothing more, nothing less. You tend to get incredibly defensive when you respond to people who don't have the EXACT same opinion as yours.

You might have thought the Usher was not lacking in any way, but I however did.

And again, every other year the so called "icon" has been predominately featured in all aspects of marketing...which is why I personally, again this is my opinion, don't view them as the icon this year. You can view them that way, and that's perfectly fine because that's your opinion and I respect it. My previous response to your original post about them was simply including MY opinion on the topic.

What you may find "obvious" about the entire park being turned into a cemetery as them being the icons, I view it simply as what it is, decor for the event. Again, simply MY take on the situation. With the entire being a cemetary, that also just makes it easier for the hordes to rotate from area to area throughout the night without breaking the concept.

I don't take your responses personally because I know you lack a filter, as do I, however, many other people might feel they are being talked down to when you respond in this fashion...they feel like dip shits because you think their opinion is "wrong" and doesn't match yours.

• Like 5

In regards to The Usher v Iniquitus, I will say that the Usher seemed to have a larger presence outside of the traditional marketing channels. Didn't the site have that trailer with him talking about the Palace Theater? It's a bit premature to really say how they compare though, as we have the benefit of seeing how much The Usher was deployed into the event, but haven't seen this year's event yet.

I personally don't really think any of the past icons have been all that creepy or scary, due to the nature of what they are. Jack might be the only exception, but that's because he ties into a normal phobia that people have. I tend to view these characters as darker versions of Zacherle or Svengoolie. Kind of like H.R. Bloodengutz. And as for Usher v Director, I hate to say it, but Director was a larger icon (which pains me, as I LOVE Usher).

Creation aside, Director was the face of the event to the gp, whereas the Usher was not. Usher never really had His year like the others did (save for maybe Storyteller, even though she did get three years worth of appearances). Instead, he was the extra bit of back story for the fans and a secondary icon, while the gp got Chucky, Saw, and Wolf Man as the event theming.

In order to be an icon of any sort, yeah they kind of do to some extent. Icon's are the face of the event. To tie back into the beginning of the post, while the Usher wasn't in the commercials, he did do news shows, was featured on the web site, had a media kit devoted to himself and the UPT, and had a strong presence in the park for those that were looking.

So far, the Iniquitus have not. We've seen a picture that might be them, but as of yet has not been confirmed. They've had one mention on the web site, and share a legion icon with the vampires. Now, maybe the media kit will be about them (although I'm guessing more than likely it will be about TWD and the other IP's), and maybe they'll have a huge presence in the park. But from everything we've seen so far, it really doesn't seem like it. Doesn't mean it can't happen, just that it seems less likely.

I may be way off-base here, but it feels to me that The Iniquitus were a late-in-the-game creation put together to appease us obsessed fans who cried foul when it looked like we had no icon for a theme this year (remember the survey). That might be why they have had such a weak presence so far. This whole event has seen its share of unexpected twists and turns, and the Iniquitus may be an attempt to give us some of what we've grown to expect while also evolving the event, both for the changed structure and because of real-life circumstances.

I'm very curious to see how this all plays out this year.

i don't really understand the debate. We don't know how they will be used yet. I think it all hinges on how they are used. We know they aren't marketing... so right there it removes it from the gp's eye (so it rules out Jack/Caretake/Director status). However, If they are plastered on the Jumbo-tron, have some kind of show explaining who they are, or have a big web-presence... then I guess they will fall among other icons like the Usher/Terra Queen/Story teller.

If there really isn't a park presence and nothing explaining who they are except some scare actors... I can't see how they constitue an icon at all. They will just be the backstory for us die-hards.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So the Inquitus is grim reapers in stilts. Alright. So what happen to the picture we saw in the 2nd post is that beasts couldn't see which one they all had "skin" color grayish not really orange-red.

Yes, he's a Beast. Skin color actually has variation from grayish to flesh tone, and mine has a bit of darker red on the face that's only been partially airbrushed out.

The Iniquitus are actually much more varied than "Grim Reapers on stilts." There's at least 4 or 5 different types that you'll see in the park, including some more abstract designs that I believe stay near Kidzone.

• Like 1

Okay, so what I've gathered so far is that the tall Iniquitus stay by the tombstones in each area. They must be the ones who have called the dark legions from the dilapidated construction site that is Universal. Just like an Indian burial ground, I can understand why these creatures are surfacing from their graves - I guess this is one good thing we get out of Universal disturbing their final resting site. It appears that the shorter ones, who appear in different cotumes, represent each of the legions (similar to a coach) and marches them from one area to another. It looks like Dr. Jimmy's cryptic clues are, in fact, very multi-layered as he promised they would be. Very clever, my good doctor!

The Iniquitus are a great idea, especially since Death was rumored to be an icon for the past two years. This is what was expected I guess. They make for great photo-ops, but I hope to see them begin scaring as well.

I really like how each Iniquitus is different. Although I sometimes have a hard time figuring out which is which. But each ones is very unique and creative. I like how they pose with guests so you have scares but also a photo op in each section.