Twenty Penny Circus: Fully Exposed

Mark M.

interesting, very interesting. DO we know where this will be? BJ theatre?

Yes it will.

This magic act isn't very popular and it's a local group that started in Tampa I believe so hopefully they are a diamond in the rough other than a show to skip all the times which I have the feeling I get hope Im wrong. Plus the "naked illusionist" does not help in the slightest

Edited by CinemaOfTheDead

I have a hard time imagining this work on a big stage, seems like almost all their stuff is catered toward small audiences and seeing things close to really get the illusion. I'm assuming they are working to create new material that will work on a bigger scale. I kind of like their style, a nod to old school magic and freakshows. Hell it's better than cris angel or crap like that.

Hate all you want people, but I enjoyed every iteration of Brian Brushwood they've had. Definitely enjoy the magic shows uni has optioned

oh God.... I mean, he is cool and the show was good.. Once... but I really wish they didn't rely on magic shows so much, I wish they brought performers, music, something different

• Like 1

^Death Drums was a great addition last year, but its "float" was dismantled and became two floats for the Superstar Parade.

I just dont understand why is Uni obsessed with magic, why couldn't they give us a show like Rocky Horror but original, or something else, something with some singing, I don't know....

Universal isnt obsessed with magic. The whole "magic show" thing isn't a new concept for HHN (orlando & Hollywood). They've had original shows along with other forms of entertainment back during the pre-IOA event years. The problem is budget cutting. Universal doesn't want to spend the money to provide 4+ shows like they should.

they did. Last year. And everybody complained.

I really liked Death Drums, it was fun, it was new, at first I didn't know what to think, but I really loved it by the end,

I was really hoping it made a comeback, i guess I am one of the only few that actually liked it :(

^Death Drums was a great addition last year, but its "float" was dismantled and became two floats for the Superstar Parade.

Universal isnt obsessed with magic. The whole "magic show" thing isn't a new concept for HHN (orlando & Hollywood). They've had original shows along with other forms of entertainment back during the pre-IOA event years. The problem is budget cutting. Universal doesn't want to spend the money to provide 4+ shows like they should.

I guess we are lucky we are getting anything at all then.

I feel kinda sad reading what you said, I liked Death Drums, does that mean we won't see it again?

I to was wondering what this show would be like. So I watched one of their videos and color me unimpressed. Weird that I did enjoy Brushwood's magic and humor even though it's very close to Twenty Penny. I'm more of a fan of the bigger magic acts not the nail through the nose acts. A darker magical show should have been used. I would have traded this for Death Drums or just a HHN-stage show any day of the week.

• Like 1

That was the most distracting "review" I've ever read. That guy was just a creep. I found it hilarious that he brags about being the creeping pervert he showed us to be, and then got all self-righteous at the end about alcohol and weed? Really? This is not a reviewer I'd really rely on too much. I plan on experiencing all HHN has to offer and judge for myself anyway. I mean, I already bought my tickets.. so I don't want to miss a thing. If it sucks, I'll only go one night.

I have a hard time imagining this work on a big stage, seems like almost all their stuff is catered toward small audiences and seeing things close to really get the illusion. I'm assuming they are working to create new material that will work on a bigger scale. I kind of like their style, a nod to old school magic and freakshows. Hell it's better than cris angel or crap like that.

Hey, I love Criss Angel! :jason: