Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure

Mark M.

• 4 weeks later...

In case you didn't hear there was a wardrobe malfunction last night during the second show. One of the Aztec men lost his loin cloth exposing himself. However he played it off and finished the dance number covering himself with his hands. Now that's talent!

• Like 1

In case you didn't hear there was a wardrobe malfunction last night during the second show. One of the Aztec men lost his loin cloth exposing himself. However he played it off and finished the dance number covering himself with his hands. Now that's talent!

Im sorry but thats hilarious, kinda wish I was there to see the reaction. But anyways I did get to catch this show at its last showing last night, and frankly I did understand everything in the show, but it didn't really get that much laughter out of me as I expected.

First impressions after seeing two performances: Good! I do not think I have laughed so much for the first two viewings of a B&T in years. There is a rapid fire sequence of gag after gag reminiscent of the old Laugh-In television series. It can only get better as the event goes on.

I enjoyed that a lot! Cute little dance belt he had on under that!

Can someone hide in a spoiler tag the characters that were used this year?

Katniss ("Hunger Games").

"Sweet Brown" (YouTube sensation).

Chris Brown.

Rhianna.

Young Agent K.

Don Draper ("Mad Men").

Obama & Romney.

Snooki.

Most of the Avengers (no Iron Man or Fury) but as high school students, not the exact costumes.

Snow Whites from "Once Upon a Time"/"SW & the Huntsman"/1939 Disney cartoon.

Stacey Jaxx ("Rock of Ages").

Honey Boo Boo (steals the f'n show).

Merida from "Brave" (very brief)

Batman (very, very brief).

Mark Zuckerburg.

Channing Tatum.

"Angel" Dick Clark.

Carley Rae Jensen/Beastie Boys [music only]

the actors were great and the dance routines were really good at the end,

but this time the jokes for me felt flat and some were not funny at all, not the actors' fault of course but the jokes used I didn't get it, Yes I know who the characters were and I got the jokes, they were just not really funny to me, didnt get how it was suppose to be funny,

there were some things that were pretty funny,

like Honey Boo boo, pretty funny, but like for example Chris Brown and Rhianna was just awkward

, the jokes written and the characters used just didn't do it for me. I liked the show a lot more last year, last year it made me laugh a lot. I wish they used better characters this year,

Where was Bane for example? why didn't they use him or catwoman?

Edited by Mr. Black
  • Like 1

the actors were great and the dance routines were really good at the end,

but this time the jokes for me felt flat and some were not funny at all, not the actors' fault of course but the jokes used I didn't get it, Yes I know who the characters were and I got the jokes, they were just not really funny to me, didnt get how it was suppose to be funny,

there were some things that were pretty funny,

like Honey Boo boo, pretty funny, but like for example Chris Brown and Rhianna was just awkward

, the jokes written and the characters used just didn't do it for me. I liked the show a lot more last year, last year it made me laugh a lot. I wish they used better characters this year,

Where was Bane for example? why didn't they use him or catwoman?

Copyright laws.

• Like 1

In case you didn't hear there was a wardrobe malfunction last night during the second show. One of the Aztec men lost his loin cloth exposing himself. However he played it off and finished the dance number covering himself with his hands.

now see... this would've actually improved the show greatly had it happened either time i saw B&T.

Having seen the show twice... saturday & thursday... well.. B&T themselves are great!

Trying to point out the bad would take too long... so outside of B&T let me point out the good...

:unsure:

uh.... i might need to see it a 3rd time before i can really review it.

Everyone posting spoilers for characters has missed a few. I may not get all the rest myself but here are some at least:

Stefon from SNL.

PSY - Korean pop star.

Zooey Deschanel and Siri from the commercial.

A Random Bath Salts Zombie.

The Shark from JAWS.

Some character with a crown from "Game of Thrones", clean shaven and thin so he can't be King Robert and too tall to be Tyrion.

Gregg Williams of the New Orleans Saints Bounty Scandal.

Ted the Bear.

BIG SPOILER OF THE TWIST ENDING: Al Roker

There were probably others I can't remember at the moment.

so I watched this last night. Meh I knew I wouldn't like it but was tired and nice to sit down.

I didn't get much of what I was seeing. I thought I was pretty abreast on memes and what not but I guess not.

the things I did get it felt like "Oh hey... Look this happened this year... Isn't it clever we remember?"

The conflict was ludicrous and anti climatic (even for a Bill and ted Show)

IDK I've never enjoyed this show so I may not be the best to critique it. I can say, when I first saw it in 2005 I got more of it... But that could just be me not keeping up with the latest things as well as I used to.

• Like 1

As a matter of fact, they did use Bane over in Hollywood and he did fight Justin Bieber.

"I am Universal's reckoning..." Haha

so not only is Hollywood's Silent Hill and Walking Dead better, but they kicked our butt with the Bill and Ted show? wtf? so their show is better then -_- we are in the twilight zone

• Like 2

I was disappointed in this year's B&T and it has changed from the employee preview...they took out Whitney Houston. I don't understand the end and the "My people my people" comment by a certain character. I don't want to spoil it for anyone else, but if anyone could explain it, I would greatly appreciate it! I was disappointed in the portrayal of the political candidates and some of the other things. There were so many other things this year that the writer could have used. This has ranked as the worst Bill & Ted since I have been attending the event due to the script!

• Like 1

She has a point, really. Statistically, at least half of your audience will be Republicans (especially since this event is based in the south, so conservative southerners are going to be the most likely visitors). The show is terribly biased against Romney, and while we may find it justified, a lot of people who watch the show don't appreciate it. I saw the article posted on another site, and it had an enormous amount of vitriolic comments attached.

2008 had a much better example of a presidential sequence. It did mock McCain, yes, but only on his old age. It didn't go as far as this show and outright turn Obama into an arrogant jackass and Romney into a bumbling fool. While not entirely neutral, it was still balanced enough to avoid complaints and turned out laughs that both parties could enjoy.

• Mark M. changed the title to Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure