Dead End

Mark M.

Noticed this picture on the facade on this ( http://careyparanormalresearch.tumblr.com/ ) website:

tumblr_m9ompzobR31rw4l6x.jpg

I comes with a paragraph explaining Hartford Mansion (Dead End):

Plans are in the Works

The Paranormal Research Society of Carey, Ohio may have its first live investigation in just a short month. We are making plans to do a ghost hunt and investigation in the Hartford Mansion, which lies on the outskirts of town. The Hartford Mansion is as old as it is mysterious; a few Society members have begun research into its dark past, while we make sure it is within our financial budget to carry out the investigation. Updates to come.

What happened at at the Hartford Mansion? We won’t rest until we figure it out.

Doesn't really seem that Victorian, at all. But I love it, nonetheless!

if this is going to be another legendary truth type house with the silly white masks then, Im not too excited, I want to see the sets, but, I've never liked ghost houses because of that, like Psychoscareapy Echoes of Shadybrook, my least favorite house, and probably the house I've done the least of any year

this house will be good or bad depending on the costumes and the make up, I hope is better than the past ghost houses we have had..

Noticed this picture on the facade on this ( http://careyparanormalresearch.tumblr.com/ ) website:

tumblr_m9ompzobR31rw4l6x.jpg

I comes with a paragraph explaining Hartford Mansion (Dead End):

Plans are in the Works

The Paranormal Research Society of Carey, Ohio may have its first live investigation in just a short month. We are making plans to do a ghost hunt and investigation in the Hartford Mansion, which lies on the outskirts of town. The Hartford Mansion is as old as it is mysterious; a few Society members have begun research into its dark past, while we make sure it is within our financial budget to carry out the investigation. Updates to come.

What happened at at the Hartford Mansion? We won’t rest until we figure it out.

Doesn't really seem that Victorian, at all. But I love it, nonetheless!

Um.....Did you read that whole page?

You may have just stumbled upon our games.

Unless it is ran by a very dedicated HHN fan, it mentions almost every Carey, Ohio link to the event.

EDIT: I look into it more, and I'm thinking it is just a group of dedicated HHN fans running it. If that is the case, the description of the Hartford Mansion isn't from Uni.

Edited by mystiquephreeq

I really love this house and props, but I think the scare actors seen to me weak.

That, which I refuse to watch, is a bare bones run through before the event even starts. It sometimes tkaes a week or so to get into the full swing where the actors find their groove. That's pretty much what employee preview is for to work out any difficulties. that hasn't even happened yet so I wouldn't judge anything you see in the video as a finished product...

The video posted above (while better quality than the others I have seen) is a classic example of a "reset walkthrough".

Poor guy didn't catch ANY of the scares. There is another video online that you can barely watch (because it's so dark) but that guy got almost every scare in the house, or what I like to call, an "Ultimate walkthrough" (well, as ultimate as you can get with the preview cast and preview effects in place).

Ultimate walkthroughs are the reason so many of us go through a maze multiple times throughout the event, trying to get every scare in there (or as close as possible). Eventually it happens, but the chances of UW's happening in multiple houses on one event night are almost slim to none, hence the reason why many of us live at UO for the entire month of October :-)

• Like 1

The video posted above (while better quality than the others I have seen) is a classic example of a "reset walkthrough".

Poor guy didn't catch ANY of the scares. There is another video online that you can barely watch (because it's so dark) but that guy got almost every scare in the house, or what I like to call, an "Ultimate walkthrough" (well, as ultimate as you can get with the preview cast and preview effects in place).

Ultimate walkthroughs are the reason so many of us go through a maze multiple times throughout the event, trying to get every scare in there (or as close as possible). Eventually it happens, but the chances of UW's happening in multiple houses on one event night are almost slim to none, hence the reason why many of us live at UO for the entire month of October :-)

This post is the absolute truth . Me and my husband (who is also a fanatic and who was on the vault) live like 15 minutes away.This is the whole reason we go every night we can.

I don't know how many times it took me to catch the President's Day Countdown Clock gag for BloodNGutz. We went 4 nights with the Rush of Fear + Express so we did the house AT LEAST twice each night. I think it was the 7th time through I saw the countdown "payoff" and the other 7 guys in my group missed it. The next time through, we stalled it so everybody could see it (and get a hell of a scare from behind since we all stood there for 30sec staring at the desk).

And there were other things, like the Easter Gag in Chucky, that we didn't even know about until reading reviews AFTER we went to the event.

Judging by a single walkthrough, pre-Employee Preview, with limited scaractors and gags operational is pretty pointless.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well Nancy will be happy to know that I pretty much nearly crapped myself in this house at least 2-3 times... damn scareactors actually scaring me! <_<

Only sucktastic thing for my first/only run-through of this house was that the spinning tunnel was not turned on, so that effect was missed.

I second the Legendary Truth 2.0: The Hartford Mansion comments. However, it is much elevated from the Wynadot Estate house. The effects are amazing and the scareactors are very into their roles. The technology tops that used in 2010 and the scares are well-timed. The facade is most impressive and the theming of each room captures the essence of a true haunted mansion. This is in my top three houses of the event.

• Like 1

• Mark M. changed the title to Dead End