Dead End

Mark M.

900355643_DeadEndLogo.thumb.jpg.8bddd4ee83f09c110f0dbdf7f23d8e5e.jpg

If enough people believe in something, perception can become reality. In Carey, Ohio, the perception was that countless horrific acts had occurred in the old Hartford Mansion. The reality was that the curse which befell the house was far worse than any story ever told.

In my opinion, this sounds closer to Richard Matheson's Hell House (when I think heinous deeds, I almost immediately think Emeric Belasco). If not that, then maybe something slightly tamer, such as the lore surrounding Ohio's own Franklin Castle? In 2010, we had a source via Twitter named Emeric Belasco, and if I remember correctly Dr. Jimmy went into get detail about the name's source material in that year's Speculation thread. Some online sources that I’ve found cite Hell House as being loosely based on two real life haunts (Franklin Castle, originally the Tiedemann House, in Cleveland, Ohio, and Waverly Hills Sanitarium near Louisville, Kentucky).

• Like 2

In my opinion, this sounds closer to Richard Matheson's Hell House (when I think heinous deeds, I almost immediately think Emeric Belasco). If not that, then maybe something slightly tamer, such as the lore surrounding Ohio's own Franklin Castle? In 2010, we had a source via Twitter named Emeric Belasco, and if I remember correctly Dr. Jimmy went into get detail about the name's source material in that year's Speculation thread. Some online sources that I’ve found cite Hell House as being loosely based on two real life haunts (Franklin Castle, originally the Tiedemann House, in Cleveland, Ohio, and Waverly Hills Sanitarium near Louisville, Kentucky).

Hell House = incredibly creepy and one of my favorite Matheson stories. Add the doll factor in and the creep -o-meter for this house goes through the roof in a major way. Taking us back to Carey, Ohio makes this one a winner already in my book.

• Like 2

Hell House = incredibly creepy and one of my favorite Matheson stories. Add the doll factor in and the creep -o-meter for this house goes through the roof in a major way. Taking us back to Carey, Ohio makes this one a winner already in my book.

Did LT:Wyandot Estate take place in Carey? The only events I've been to were 07,10,& 11. And Carey just sounds ultra familiar...maybe from reading the walkthrough/wiki on older mazes?

And also, the doll thing might make this house one of the better ones in terms of legitimate scares for me...i don't do dolls.

Eff. That. Noise.

I am very excited for this house, too. It actually looks really creepy. I hope this is the "silent" house. Like the house with very low music and minimal sound effects, but very natural noises, like Winter's Night and The Orfanage. Those houses creeped me out, and I think this house may be scarier than we are expecting.