Universal's House of Horrors

Mark M.

Being overly 'husky' and tall, this crouching business does not sound fun. I'll take the lazy path thanks.

I'm thinking we'll probably attempt the duck/crouch path at least once, but be lazy the majority of nights....and then point and laugh at everyone else who attempts the other path and maims themselves in the process :)

• Like 2

Universal’s House of Horrors-Universal was built on monsters. They have a deep legacy that runs 100 years with film, so of course they have to pay homage to the very fathers of horror. House of Horrors will use technologies and techniques never before used at Horror Nights. You’ll crawl through caves, go underwater with the Creature, and even explore curses with the Mummy. The entire house will also be in stunning “black and white”

That is on behind the thrills.

• Like 2

Unless you have a physical reason that stops you... Why wouldn't you want to go through the "duck and crouch" path? We pay too much for this event, to not try and experience everything at least once seems like a waste to me.

Edited by Michaelz

Unless you have a physical reason that stops you... Why wouldn't you want to go through the "duck and crouch" path? We pay too much for this event, to not try and experience everything at least once seems like a waste to me.

I am thinking it might not even be that much, might just be a little bit, I mean who knows now, but I don't think they would make is crouch that much, specially when you have people being scared that could jump and hurt themselves,

which makes me wonder, will there be actors scaring you in this path, or would it be empty for you to pass by only ?

Universal’s House of Horrors-Universal was built on monsters. They have a deep legacy that runs 100 years with film, so of course they have to pay homage to the very fathers of horror. House of Horrors will use technologies and techniques never before used at Horror Nights. You’ll crawl through caves, go underwater with the Creature, and even explore curses with the Mummy. The entire house will also be in stunning “black and white”

That is on behind the thrills.

I personally think Behind The Thrills are exaggerating the crawling through caves part. Crawling implies going through it on hands and knees and I don't see that happening. I'm guessing we'll have to duck or crouch at most but I hope they made the roof above our head padded lol. Involuntary jumps are going to mean a lot of heads hitting it

• Like 3

I personally think Behind The Thrills are exaggerating the crawling through caves part. Crawling implies going through it on hands and knees and I don't see that happening. I'm guessing we'll have to duck or crouch at most but I hope they made the roof above our head padded lol. Involuntary jumps are going to mean a lot of heads hitting it

Lol I definitely agree that is an exaggeration, I think that would be hazardous with the alcohol being served :P . I'm definitely liking the sound of the house though. Hopefully their description of the characters wasn't exaggerated.

Exaggerating? So you DON'T think we'll actually be going underwater with the Creature...?

• Like 4

I don't know if people are just bored, afraid of change, or what... but it seems like there is a ton of worrying this year over the unknown. Al that worrying and yet it is looking like an awesome year. I just don't understand when people complain that the event has become complacent but then turn around and freak out when things change.

Regardless, BTT did not go into HOH so they don't know. Common sense says it would not be a "crawl on your belly" thing. Most likely it will be just like Death Row at HOS. The duck will probably be about 4.5 feet. Plus ther eis a bypass. If they try it and it doesn't work it will mostly like be bypassed anyway but I'm happy they are trying new things.

• Like 6

I'm 6'5" and a good deal of "husky" myself (otherwise known as fat :D), but I'm planning on crouching as much as I can! Why? Why not!

You're not fat, you're fluffy. <3 :) And I'm sure you guys will be perfectly fine. Art & design keep all of this stuff in mind I'm sure.

I'm thinking that this might be the closest UO has come to adding an "extreme" element into a normal house.

Howl-O-Scream did it for Death Row Vengance. The Scare-Actors would slap the fence looking siding. It was pretty intense. It was a minnie tunnel. Great black light lighting and all. :)

The underwater scene could use a hallway with a plexiglass tank with the walls going about half way up on each side. Fill them with water, then have the path go between them and the creature reach out and possibly splash. With the right lighting and effects... This could work great.

• Like 1

Sometimes the simple/easier answer is the correct one. Don't forget, this house is rumored to be relying on lighting effects more than anything. I'm not saying we won't get wet somewhere in the house but i wouldn't expect to see a waterfall or giant tanks of water.

Edited by Michaelz

*Begin prayer to the HHN line gods*

When going through this house, please for the love of all things holy, do not let me ever get stuck behind a group of teenage girls who repeatedly backup and scream when attempting to go through this final room. I may just have to be the catalyst that shoves them all through it.

*End prayer to HHN line gods*

Lol somebody needs to do it!!

Lol somebody needs to do it!!

And I have no problem at a all being that somebody... :)

Trust me, if these bones of mine will bend that way, I'm doing the duck room every time!

I would prefer Daffy to Donald, but I'll take what they offer :P

I'm going to see how many times I can bend that way, but yet still manage to walk in an upright position afterwords sans pain without alcohol assistance... :)

• Like 1

Let me first make one thing perfectly clear to all of those who attended EP & those who will be going this weekend-

THIS HOUSE IS NOT DONE YET!

Now with that being said, I'll elaborate. Sets aren't done yet, costumes aren't complete (they had NO costumes their first rehearsal), they only just got lighting effects during their 2nd rehearsal (which was also their last rehearsal). This house was thrown together at the last minute thanks to the loss of SS44 & the house that was originally supposed to go in there. On top of being thrown together last minute, it was also shoved in a location that was no longer available. So keep all of this in mind.

As for the house itself... there is no facade, which IS disappointing, but its forgivable to an extant. The recycled Silver Screams hallway was actually kind of cool. The next room is basically 2006's "Die-In 2" first scene with all of the film reels stacked up everywhere, while its kinda "meh", the audio is what made it cool.

Like I said before, the house isn't completed yet, so there is a lot lacking in each of the scenes in one way or another. Having gotten to do the house 4 times last night, I can honestly say that this house did a fine job with what they had to work with. I don't really get scared in the houses, so it was nice to get quite a few scares in this house. Who says the classics can't be scary? :P

Its not really a big secret, so I will go ahead and say what characters are used in the house to avoid any sort of expectations of seeing certain ones. It truly is the main classic monsters and it is great to see them showcased.

- Phantom of the Opera

- Dracula/Brides of Dracula

- Frankenstein/Bride of Frankenstein

- The Mummy

- The Wolfman

- Creature From The Black Lagoon

Nosferatu is ONLY a silohette on the wall, not an actual scareactor.

• Like 2

• Mark M. changed the title to Universal's House of Horrors