Gothic

Mark M.

BETTER BRING THE RANCH......

It's three cheese yogurt ranch, I've heard that goes best with Kat.

Oh, I guess this is Kathy's friend from the Forsaken who makes a similar appearance this year in Gothic. You are very highly spoken of, my good sir.

Regaring the house itself, I do agree that it is the most beautiful and awe-inspiring house I've seen to date (since first attending in 2002). The grandiose feeling that the cathedral provides is unmatched. Furthermore, the scareactors (all of them) are truly amazing! The mirror trick is being used better than it ever has been before. The theming, the sets, and the energetic casts will make this house in very good contention for House of the Year.

While those are very kind words sir, i was not one of the "Forsaken" last year...I was however a psychotic burn victim hanging around a bus with a penchant for dousing certain Heart type organs in Ranch ....You are quite correct in the overall assesment of gothic ..ALL of us(I myself in the belltower cast B) are extremely fortunate to be a part of that house and we put everything we have every night to ensure you don"t forget it....While I speak only for myself and not the rest of the cast ...your comments are greatly appreciated and will be passed on

Edited by Hell0513
  • Like 1

While those are very kind words sir, i was not one of the "Forsaken" last year...I was however a psychotic burn victim hanging around a bus with a penchant for dousing certain Heart type organs in Ranch ....You are quite correct in the overall assesment of gothic ..ALL of us(I myself in the belltower cast B) are extremely fortunate to be a part of that house and we put everything we have every night to ensure you don"t forget it....While I speak only for myself and not the rest of the cast ...your comments are greatly appreciated and will be passed on

*cough* belltower vs last flyer *cough*

Ahh, thanks for clearing that up. I apparently was confused. Without the "Cast Location" thread, we have much more investigative work to do. Kathy does a great job at finding her favorites in the houses and on the streets. I'll be back next Friday (wearing my HNN shirt from last year) and I'll keep an eye out for you.

Gothic for HOTY 2012! (As of now, Penn & Teller are your biggest competition.) Keep up the great work in that cathedral!

• Like 1

Have been through the house twice... here is my initial thoughts.

- highly over-rated, too much praise

- great set design, but completely lost within the darkness/fog

- lacks scares due to set design/scareactor placement

- interior of the cathedral from above is easily missed due to the small viewing opening & being rushed by ops

- flying gargoyle takes too long to "fly", so have yet to see it.

- recycled Forsaken finale (identical only with a different layout)

On the plus side, I do have a "FUN FACT" confirmed via TJ:

Gothic was created from this scene (below) that was originally part of Museum of Horrors original 3-run concept. The renovation scaffolding seen in the concept art is now part of the facade instead of the "outdoor" scene with the flying gargoyle. So yes, an entire house was created from one scene concept that was designed for a house about 15 years ago.

165303_170838132961089_5464580_n.jpg

• Like 2

you might be right about the gargoyles taking too long to fly, I love this house but yeah I had to walk really slow to see it.

I think maybe people Love this house and Dead End so much and the praise is so high is because everything else felt a little (or a lot ) disappointing, Silent Hill has a bunch of problems and only one Pyramid Head, some people will hate walking dead for being a generic zombie house, some people disliked Alice cooper, etc. but it seems almost everyone agrees in their love for this house

So you don't like the darkness and fog...consider what the house would look like without it.

And apparently its the casts' fault your timing is bad for the Flying gargoyle.

I have considered what the house would look like since i've seen the pictures... and it looks great. go figure.

and I didn't say it was the casts fault, you're taking what i said out of context. And just an FYI, I waited BOTH times I went through the house for as long as I could while the stupid ops person tries to move people along. So no, it has nothing to do with MY timing.

And i'm not going to fap over the houses set details like everyone else, i didn't realize that makes me "always someone who can't be pleased". Like I said, so many of said details are lost due to the lighting/fog. Which is why anyone who wants to rave about the set design, do so after going on the UTH tours.

My point is, scareactors need to not be so defensive, but take the criticism as motivation. If the house performance remains as is, it will not live up to its full potential.

• Like 1

Wow...thats all I can say. I guess there's always someone who can't be pleased. So you don't like the darkness and fog...consider what the house would look like without it. I do give it to you it was remarkably thick on Saturday especially in my room, there were points I could barely see 2 ft in front of me and I was afraid I was going to run into a guest. And apparently its the casts' fault your timing is bad for the Flying gargoyle. I mean consider why it takes a long time...its a stunt that requires wearing a very uncomfortable harness. But I guess he has to fly back and forth all night for your pleasure. And why not use the Forsaken finale? It seemed to work last year.

that would be nice yes :) lol

Wow really? Every time I've been through I've had awesome scares. The only time it was not as good was the the last time (end of Sat) the beginning was lackluster as several scareactors were missing...But my favorite scare of the event happened at the end got my wife good. Had me in stitches.

Oh and the stilt guy... He intimidates the crud out of me. I think he has got me twice now.

I'm actually very impressed with the scareactors on the whole. They seem to really be working it hard to up the scare. I saw major improvements from Fiday to Saturday.

• Like 2

i personally thought this house had the best scares (along with HoH) so far house wise. I saw plenty of details as it's not THAT dark in there. You can still tell what everything is. i was especially impressed with the flyer in the star scene. he hides very well in each corner. if you didn't know he was there you wouldn't be able to see him. i saw at least one person(including me sometimes)get scared in every room. i think you're SA complaint should go in the AC thread Chris :P.

I went into this house with high expectations, and I was still really impressed. The attention to detail, as well as the awesome architecture and clever tricks used in this house make it one of my favorite soundstage houses of all time. The masks are really scary looking, so if you catch one in your face when you aren't expecting it, it gets a great scare. I love when there is detail to see even when you look up, and Gothic has plenty of that.

I love that I've finally gotten to see the "really high up" mirror illusion that was used in Interstellar Terror (I started going in '09), I just wish they used one solid mirror, because the lines in the mirror hurt the illusion a lot for me, even though other people I was with said they didn't even notice them. I love the outdoor scene too, with the stars.

If you go to HHN 22, do not miss this house!

• Like 1

First time through the house I didnt enjoy it because of the group of teenage boys (More like girls) behind me. They would try to run through the house running into me. I got fed up and threw a couple elbows. They stopped. Went through it a second time and decided it was my favorite house. The facade and scenery in this house is more than amazing. Best scare in my opinion is the bungee scare after the candle room.

Edited by Dr. D
  • Like 2

First time through the house I didnt enjoy it because of the group of teenage boys (More like girls) behind me. They would try to run through the house running into me. I got fed up and threw a couple elbows. They stopped.

THESE are the kind of teenagers that I'd love to beat the living crap out of...or at the very least clothesline them when they try to run past me. I have to give you kudos for the elbow throwing.

Happy to hear that this house wound up being a favorite sans the annoying youngsters :)

• Like 2

First time through the house I didnt enjoy it because of the group of teenage boys (More like girls) behind me. They would try to run through the house running into me. I got fed up and threw a couple elbows. They stopped. Went through it a second time and decided it was my favorite house. The facade and scenery in this house is more than amazing. Best scare in my opinion is the bungee scare after the candle room.

THESE are the kind of teenagers that I'd love to beat the living crap out of...or at the very least clothesline them when they try to run past me. I have to give you kudos for the elbow throwing.

Happy to hear that this house wound up being a favorite sans the annoying youngsters :)

this happened to me in House of Horrors, I happened to have a group of Stand up Comedians behind me! :chainsaw:

I have never heard so many lame jokes at once, no, Not even jokes, No.. that would be too good, no just simple stupid Observations that will make Captain Obvious feel Ashamed... :angry:

they were all probably 16-17, so annoying,

This house just still isn't doing it for me... only got to do it once tonight, but i just have yet to be really "wow'd" by the house. Amazing set details just dont cut it for me. The scareactors are working with their horrible placements, but seeing someone else get scared also does not cut it.

Got to see the "flying" gargoyle during tonight's visit... impressive wingspan, but that starry night sky scene for him is really nothing more than just an "oh hey look, we have a flying gargoyle in the "sky".

Hopefully this house improves before the event is over, but right now i feel its relying too much on its set design to win people over.