Penn & Teller New(kd) Las Vegas 3D

WESKER69

It's interesting he is very opposed to Alcohol and will walk away from a dinner with people if they order wine.. so a house full of drunks is an interesting situation <_<

Hollywood decision-making + Penn = Dry Event? ;)

"Walk away from dinner". Maybe this is something in the past or entirely new. I was just listening to one of Penn's Sunday School podcasts where he states he has alcohol in his house for friends. He has no issues with other people drinking, He just personally never drank or did drugs.

Very doubtful he would impose alcohol bans or limitations to Uni for HHN.

• Like 1

They have been performing since they were in High School and Teller was still a professor. They got plenty of experience under their belt, I'm pretty certain a few drunken hecklers won't bother them much. Plus Penn is a beast, nuff said.

Go ahead and try to be a drunk idiot around Penn Jillette....He WILL make you want to die. Wit alone will allow him and teller to handle this no problem.

doesn't matter if he is huge or not, is not about a person being stronger than him, is about the situation being created in the first place,

seriously, think about it, a famous person inside a house, I bet more than one person will try to take his picture or ask for an autograph, holding the line, then there will be the people that will want to grab them, I mean people are dumb, specially at HHN, they do stupid things, now add a celebrity within hand's reach....

doesn't matter if he is huge or not, is not about a person being stronger than him, is about the situation being created in the first place,

seriously, think about it, a famous person inside a house, I bet more than one person will try to take his picture or ask for an autograph, holding the line, then there will be the people that will want to grab them, I mean people are dumb, specially at HHN, they do stupid things, now add a celebrity within hand's reach....

How many scareactors AREN'T within arm's reach? There's a few in nearly every house. Put an op in the room to insure guests CAN'T hold up the line and problem solved.

"Walk away from dinner". Maybe this is something in the past or entirely new. I was just listening to one of Penn's Sunday School podcasts where he states he has alcohol in his house for friends. He has no issues with other people drinking, He just personally never drank or did drugs.

Very doubtful he would impose alcohol bans or limitations to Uni for HHN.

Right I'm not sure where i saw it. I thought it was his twitter account but I searched through it (ugh) and did not find it so it may have been elsewhere in which case it may be old. I just know he is very opposed to Alcohol himself. I don't care though personally. I don't like Penn as a person but I pretty much agree with his alcohol stance (not quite as strict) but I dry event would make me happy... just not a whole lot of other people :)

How many scareactors AREN'T within arm's reach? There's a few in nearly every house. Put an op in the room to insure guests CAN'T hold up the line and problem solved.

well how many of those actors are celebrities though? famous actors that people will want to touch?

I know what you're saying is right, and the op will tell them to move, but, I still don't see it as being okay and safe, I mean, I'm just thiking about it,

I hope they go in the house with costumes and disguises, that would be more fun,

well how many of those actors are celebrities though? famous actors that people will want to touch?

I know what you're saying is right, and the op will tell them to move, but, I still don't see it as being okay and safe, I mean, I'm just thiking about it,

I hope they go in the house with costumes and disguises, that would be more fun,

There have been numerous scares in the past in which guests would have no chance of actually touching the scareactor because they are too high, too far away or behind something (plexi-glass or a cage). If a noticeable celebrity is in a location like that, the guests won't be able to get to them.

And considering they would be in the house because they want to actually scare themselves, they likely will be in costume. You may not even know they're there.

• Like 1

^iI think it's more likely we get a stage or something, that they will be on. I would assume that UNI understands what a commotion it would cause to have such people in that situation. IMO I don't think UNI would risk putting P&T in a vulnerable situation. IDK tho Penn LOVES people and would like to interact more intimately. I guess we'll only know if we go. ;) Shrewd move Universal.

There have been numerous scares in the past in which guests would have no chance of actually touching the scareactor because they are too high, too far away or behind something (plexi-glass or a cage). If a noticeable celebrity is in a location like that, the guests won't be able to get to them.

And considering they would be in the house because they want to actually scare themselves, they likely will be in costume. You may not even know they're there.

yeah I guess, this is the first time this will happen though, there is no precedent, we don't even know how they will appear, this is still speculation right now, but I am just wondering how this will work, I see what you're saying though

^iI think it's more likely we get a stage or something, that they will be on. I would assume that UNI understands what a commotion it would cause to have such people in that situation. IMO I don't think UNI would risk putting P&T in a vulnerable situation. IDK tho Penn LOVES people and would like to interact more intimately. I guess we'll only know if we go. ;) Shrewd move Universal.

the first Thing I mentioned was a stage, that they will appear in a stage, and have props at hand to scare people with the props, or something like that

the first Thing I mentioned was a stage, that they will appear in a stage, and have props at hand to scare people with the props, or something like that

Yes you did I was simply stating that THAT idea was probably more likely then having them actually scaring in the house. Who know we may get an abbreviated HHN show on the Animal actors stage...we don't know, like I said...Shrewd move Universal :)

Did you experience The In-Between last year? That house involved all new 3D style effects. lasers, mirrors, string, etc...

So with the new things tried last year and what P&T can do as illusionists, I would say the 3D in this house will be good. It would be a bad movie to follow up a unique 3D experience with a mediocre-cliched one...

Sure did, and still wasn't a fan of it.

Not saying that can't pull of an exceptionally well done house, even with 3D...again, I'm just not a huge fan of it.

6'7" scareactor = Penn. B)

I say put him on the CSDT for one night and see how many people he can cower to the ground.

• Like 2

What makes you say that?

Well we know there's a wedding chapel in the house from the press release and I see rows of chairs facing the front of the room. Not to mention what looks like a person in a wedding dress over on the left of the picture.

Gambit that person in white is just part of Patrick's t-shirt....lol but yeah the little white chapel is what I was thinking. Much different than I thought it would have looked.

My friend was saying that it's very close to In-Between as in the 3D effect. The radiation tank scene looks so much more detail as to the two scenes we saw in the video.

Here are a couple of movie shorts from a few years back with Teller surviving the zombie apocalypse in Las Vegas. The second is a little better than the first because of the zombie showgirl, who might be a preview of the showgirls in the house.

They also show Teller's enjoyment of horror and why he might have wanted to help create a house for HHN.

• Like 1

• Mark M. changed the title to Penn & Teller New(kd) Las Vegas 3D