Alice Cooper's: Welcome to my Nightmare

Hauntfan

787414295_AliceCooperWTMNlogo.jpg.77a4433c32c105c99fe5806a6e83385f.jpg

Journey into legendary rocker Alice Cooper’s twisted mind and witness the natural melding of horror and Cooper’s four decades-long career. Here you will follow Steven, the iconic character from many of Cooper’s works, as you come face to face with a myriad of tormentors who threaten an already-decaying sense of sanity.

• Like 1

WOW, nice find man! Well then that confirms that then haha. Another 3D house this year!

Yeah, confirmed for both parks. That's probably what will be announced this week. Does anybody have an idea where it will be located? If it's 3D I would guess a sprung tent, but what is speculated to be the maze in Hollywood is pretty big and probably too much for a sprung tent. Sound Stage maybe?

Yeah, confirmed for both parks. That's probably what will be announced this week. Does anybody have an idea where it will be located? If it's 3D I would guess a sprung tent, but what is speculated to be the maze in Hollywood is pretty big and probably too much for a sprung tent. Sound Stage maybe?

It will be located in a Sprung Tent. But it being 3D doesn't automatically mean it is a lesser house and is always put there. The Soundstages are for the Victorian Haunted Mansion-esque house (SS20b), gargoyle house (SS20a), & Silent Hill (SS22).

Don't pre-judge the sprung tents as being a lesser location because there have been soundstages that were less impressive than one of the previous tent houses. Locations for houses depend on what they intend to do, but Alice Cooper Goes To Hell will work just fine with its Sprung Tent location.

• Like 2

Bring on another 3D house! The In-Between was fantastic.

As the location goes, as brash as Chris is I agree with him. Locations don't matter. The Hallow, Dead Exposure, Chucky... and so on were tent houses that rocked. Pun not intended.

It will be located in a Sprung Tent. But it being 3D doesn't automatically mean it is a lesser house and is always put there. The Soundstages are for the Victorian Haunted Mansion-esque house (SS20b), gargoyle house (SS20a), & Silent Hill (SS22).

Don't pre-judge the sprung tents as being a lesser location because there have been soundstages that were less impressive than one of the previous tent houses. Locations for houses depend on what they intend to do, but Alice Cooper Goes To Hell will work just fine with its Sprung Tent location.

Wasn't belittling the Sprung Tent. We have them in Hollywood too, I actually like the feel of the tent. But what I meant was 3D, I assumed meant Sprung Tent. The assumed AC house here in Hollywood looks too big to fit in a tent, but the guys at A&D are probably creative enough to make it epic in the tent.

well the thing you gotta keep in mind about Hollywood vs Orlando is that when it comes to houses, they won't be the same design, set-up, layout etc... despite being based on the same property. The house properties that have been shared over the years have been drastically different at both events.

well the thing you gotta keep in mind about Hollywood vs Orlando is that when it comes to houses, they won't be the same design, set-up, layout etc... despite being based on the same property. The house properties that have been shared over the years have been drastically different at both events.

That's true for the past. But I think we've seen that this year is really setting down some new paths. I could see there being more integration of events this year than what we've seen before, particularly now that HHNH is in charge. Now saying that it will, just that there seems to be a possibility for it. It does make sense from a business perspective.

I get that. But no doubt there will be some similar scenes in both houses. Let's put this discussion to rest. I don't really feel like disputing both events locations.

That's true for the past. But I think we've seen that this year is really setting down some new paths. I could see there being more integration of events this year than what we've seen before, particularly now that HHNH is in charge. Now saying that it will, just that there seems to be a possibility for it. It does make sense from a business perspective.

No, its not a "thats true for the past" type of thing. The orlando event still has their own creative & design team... Just because something is shared doesn't mean it will be the exact same experience, set up, layout etc. This whole IP sharing thing isn't new for the event, they did it in 2007 & 2009. It is cheaper for them to use the IPs at both events rather than make it exclusive to just one. Other than it being the same house theme, the two events are completely different...

(except for the recently censored Silent Hill cleavage that Hollywood has been slapped with... yay PG-rated nurses)

Actually, I believe you guys are getting Welcome To My Nightmare but we will see when the press release comes out..

That would be odd having WTMN and ACGTH. I think it will most likely be both parks getting the same theme, but you never know.

this is so funny that he gave it away when people at Uni were trying to be so mysterious and making us wait LOL!

Unless it was planned, which, it is still cool,

glad to have this semi confirmed, unless Alice was wrong lol

makes me wonder, can Alice Cooper get in trouble for spilling the beans early?

Edited by black mask

So we all know that the creative departments for Hollywood & Orlando are different... But with the IP sharing this year, I had to wonder if any of the same research aspects were done when designing the house...

For example...

While researching the maze, Hollywood's John Murdy googled "motivational art", "animal hoarding", "doomed Franklin expedition", "Florence Nightingale", "Vargas Girl", "Las Vegas Buffet", and "Liposuction".

Could our A&D team have done the same research or shared ideas between each other?..

Then of course there is THIS aspect of Hollywood's house

-One scene will feature the scent of cotton candy.

Will our house also feature the scent of cotton candy?

So we all know that the creative departments for Hollywood & Orlando are different... But with the IP sharing this year, I had to wonder if any of the same research aspects were done when designing the house...

For example...

While researching the maze, Hollywood's John Murdy googled "motivational art", "animal hoarding", "doomed Franklin expedition", "Florence Nightingale", "Vargas Girl", "Las Vegas Buffet", and "Liposuction".

Could our A&D team have done the same research or shared ideas between each other?..

Then of course there is THIS aspect of Hollywood's house

-One scene will feature the scent of cotton candy.

Will our house also feature the scent of cotton candy?

Certain similarities may exist... but I doubt it.

A lot of talk about an Alice Cooper House. I can't imagine what that would be like. It doesn't immediately conjure up any scares for me. Has anyone gone through the Alice Cooper houses in Hollywood in the past ? What do you think ? Are they worthy of HHN orlando ? Any real scares ?

We happened to be in LA a week before Halloween last year, so we went to the Hollywood HHN. Our overall opinion is that Orlando is, WITHOUT A DOUBT, soooooo much better than Hollywood. We feel way more immersed in the whole thing in Orlando, whereas, in Hollywood, it all seems too small and too broken up (partly because half of the park is split from the other by virtue of an upper level and lower level). Anyway, we went to the Alice Cooper house, and, frankly, I thought it SUCKED. It wasn't just "marginal".. it SUCKED. It wasn't scary at all, and it seemed so.. well Hollywood.. It felt overdone and like they were trying too hard to make it "cool". I was extremely disappointed. So, it shocks me to learn that it was supposedly the biggest draw for them last year. It also annoys me that they are doing an AC house in Orlando. All I can say is.. shit.

• Mark M. changed the title to Alice Cooper's: Welcome to my Nightmare