HHN 2012: Alice Cooper Goes to Hell: 3D

DTH316

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if this will use any of the same effects as Orlando's "the inbetween" from last year. It was easily my favorite maze at the event and I can't imagine a much better use of 3D maze technology.

I'm super late to this party, but I agree. While InBetween wasn't my favorite maze, it delivered great scares and the 3D was fantastic. It was utilized so perfectly. If only other haunts would take notes from this maze....

Watched the first 2 or 3 rooms (up until purgatory) with my 3D glasses. From what I can tell, my worries about the 3D weren't realized. The 3D looks AWESOME. The mix of UV and LED works extremely well. It really works in the very first hallway of the maze. There's no scares during that time, so if you want to get a non-spoiler look at the maze and see how great the 3D is, check it out with your glasses! I hope the rest of the maze utilizes the effect just as good.

Well there was a scare or two a room or two later and it was very blah...... so from what I can tell (and it coincides with the reviews) -- great visuals, poor scares :-/

Hmmm... Maybe it will be better in person... hopefully.

Kind of was expecting the snake around snake girl(eve) to be bigger, looks like a bunch of tires to me. Besides that the visuals are amazing. This will be my first 3D house and I'm extremely excited from what I saw.

You didn't go in HOTC last year?? Or any of Knott's 3D mazes?

^haha I dunno, we had just came out of Hostel and they were all a little freaked out

Well.... you didn't miss much. From what I hear, this will be a good first 3D maze for you, HOTC used 3D as an accent while AC seems to be focused on the 3D. And rides.... you should go to Knott's! :P

HOTC is much more toned down than Hostel... haha give it a watch on sharpproductions, I think you might dig it.

I've seen it...looks pretty nice, but it looks like ACGTH3D will blow it out of the water

^I hope you do. Both are great for their own reasons. :)

I was going to miss out on hhn this year, but after hearing about TWD WTSH and yes even UMR...well you know :)

Funny. It was the opposite for me. I was going to skip Knotts until I heard about Evil Dead haha

I remember. Everyone was so pissed when they weren't announcing the new mazes and we speculated only 2 new mazes, we we far off, lol.

So DTH... did the 3D in ACGTH on the video look better than Knott's? I don't want to spoil myself by watching the video. :)