The Walking Dead: Dead Inside

mr.luck

yea.. the house is still incredibly underwhelming and disappointing to me... BUT we did also see the "well walker" in the barn last night.

And the only sense of "oh noes im going to be eaten" came from last night due to it being my friend's cast and she was trying to drag me off by the arm. Other than that, yea this house is not worth the wait. So either get express or do it right away/end of the night.

• Like 3

yea.. the house is still incredibly underwhelming and disappointing to me... BUT we did also see the "well walker" in the barn last night.

And the only sense of "oh noes im going to be eaten" came from last night due to it being my friend's cast and she was trying to drag me off by the arm. Other than that, yea this house is not worth the wait. So either get express or do it right away/end of the night.

Long time lurker first time poster. This house was great and worth the wait for me. The cast was spot on (went in at around 6:20). I got god scares, they relly got me in the shop hallway. So This house is good if you get good actors and get the scares. I have also only seen season 1 (c'mon Netflix) and I easily recognized some scenes.

• Like 1

Ive only gone through this house on opening weekend. When I went through there were little to no scareactors both times in the house so it lacked. Im glad to hear the count has increased but as of right now this is my least favorite house.

Bicycle girl is in the house too no? but not on the floor? I Saw a zombie that had hair just like her, and a chest costume piece of rotting flesh, was that Bicycle walker?

As of Thursday, bicycle girl is in fact in the house... in the storage room... and on her "feet"... I ought to know... ;)

Last night I caught the massive shift change horde exit. AWESOME!!!!!

Also the cast was much more energetic and , er, hungry. This makes the house much better.

Thank you, Sir! : ) Glad to hear that our extra energy is noticable! Lets see if it keeps up in this heat. hah

• Like 1

The house still does nothing for me, but thankfully I got to enter it right after a cast change so.....

yea, nothing like exiting the house with the previous cast waiting to pounce on you as you exit into the SZ area.. made it even better since it was the cast that i knew two people on so they both went after me lol

• Like 1

Zombies have been over exposed since the dreadful remake of DAWN OF THE DEAD. Any mention of Romeo-esque. shambling corpses gives me a big ole yawn, so it is little wonder why I found this to be the total clunker of the evening.

There was no unison to the set pieces. We travel from inside a hospital to the interior of a clothing store within a few steps. At least the Cooper house has an excuse... It's a nightmare. the surroundings don't have to be cohesive.

Just like the show it was generic, surprise-less and derivative of every zombie property you’ve ever seen! I suppose that was the intention but it doesn't make for a compelling experience.

About half way through I found myself rushing for the exit to try and go on DEAD END one more time before the park closed its doors.

There was no unison to the set pieces. We travel from inside a hospital to the interior of a clothing store within a few steps. At least the Cooper house has an excuse... It's a nightmare. the surroundings don't have to be cohesive.

It's difficult to really have cohesion in houses that are based on an existing property where you want to recreate authentic environments, because the house simply doesn't have enough room for proper transitions. In an ideal world, there would be at least short transition rooms depicting streets or fields between every location change, but there's just no space. Pretty much every single house you find that's based on an existing IP over the years will have this occur, and it's completely unavoidable.

My problem with the house was not the sets, but the actors. I went through at the end of Saturday night when Cast B was there, and it was almost entirely a lazy walk in the park: the only three actors to do well were the first department store zombie on the right (the only one to give me a jump), the sheriff in the fence shaking scene, and my friend Joe who was the only zombie in the final stretch of fence and was sprinting up and down its length to continuously scare people nonstop. So many others would either stand around or lazily lurch forward.

Being a street actor, I have a very tough job to do. It's even tougher this year, since we often have to walk long distances while continuing to scare and lunge the entire way and will often end up at least a little winded before we even manage to reach our set location. I still deliver 100% every single time I go out unless there is something outright debilitating (such as illness, injury, or an overly top-heavy staff as I had during one set). I can't understand how someone of even average health and physical condition is unable to put forth 100% throughout the night as I do, especially ones who don't need to move nearly as much as myself. And I'm not exactly a beacon of health and strength.

• Like 2

It's difficult to really have cohesion in houses that are based on an existing property where you want to recreate authentic environments, because the house simply doesn't have enough room for proper transitions. In an ideal world, there would be at least short transition rooms depicting streets or fields between every location change, but there's just no space. Pretty much every single house you find that's based on an existing IP over the years will have this occur, and it's completely unavoidable.

My problem with the house was not the sets, but the actors. I went through at the end of Saturday night when Cast B was there, and it was almost entirely a lazy walk in the park: the only three actors to do well were the first department store zombie on the right (the only one to give me a jump), the sheriff in the fence shaking scene, and my friend Joe who was the only zombie in the final stretch of fence and was sprinting up and down its length to continuously scare people nonstop. So many others would either stand around or lazily lurch forward.

Being a street actor, I have a very tough job to do. It's even tougher this year, since we often have to walk long distances while continuing to scare and lunge the entire way and will often end up at least a little winded before we even manage to reach our set location. I still deliver 100% every single time I go out unless there is something outright debilitating (such as illness, injury, or an overly top-heavy staff as I had during one set). I can't understand how someone of even average health and physical condition is unable to put forth 100% throughout the night as I do, especially ones who don't need to move nearly as much as myself. And I'm not exactly a beacon of health and strength.

:blink: ....oh no..

I have started to feel this as well, I didn't wanted to say anything from fear of backlash (yet again) but since you said it, I'll say that I agree with some of it,

This house just feels set up weird, some rooms are too open, too much space between you and the actors, doesn't flow nicely, I mean space wise, I think that might be the problem, the boo holes are kinda away from the people walking by,

I agree the zombies could be a little more aggressive too

Edited by Mr. Black

I was wondering who would be the one to take a bite of that comment lol, I knew it was going to

I still think the rooms are too spacey, but at least this house is better than the Alice one, I like it, I like the zombies in the Barn too, they always get me,

but, At the same time, The walkers in Walking Dead are not the same type of zombie as the zombies in Dawn of the Dead Remake, or 28 days later, the super aggressive zombies,

perhaps the walkers not being as aggressive is true to the show

Edited by Mr. Black

your-high-horse.jpg

I actually think that's a camel, but you still get the spirit of it. Like a weird horse camel hybrid.

I respect what you do, but don't EVER....EVER say or even HINT that you're a better scareactor than another. Because you're going to find out it's a short path to get a quick verbal slapdown by some people who have been doing this MUCH longer than you. Know your role, voice your opinions, but don't ever do this "I give 100% everynight blah blah blah" thing again.

Funny enough, I actually DID talk to actors who began working the event while I was still in middle school and they agreed with my sentiments. I'm a professional in every job I take, and I expect others to be just as professional. If someone's not doing their job, I will most certainly let them know that. And when I went in, I saw people not doing their job. I do my hardest because I care about the work and I care about my work having the impact people expect, and it reflects poorly on everyone involved when you don't. Every scareactor who does a poor job and looks like they don't care makes the entire event look bad, and looking at any review of any year will show that the actors are what make or break the event.

I will always give credit where credit is due, which is why I point out specific casts or actors when I give my opinion. Likewise, I will give criticism where it is due as well. I expect people to respond to my criticism by stepping up and proving that they can do the job as well as the guests expect.

• Like 2