Welcome to Silent Hill

Nintendokid33

LOL, I know Resident Evil has great monsters, But I don't know if they could do them for HHN, a lot of the monsters have complicated designs

I'd say after the success of last year's The THING house... anything is possible :P

oh and... uhhh.... Silent Hill... fog, there should be lots of fog! (thats my input)

I wonder if the deteriorating projections can be used in close quarters. You hear the siren, the music changes, sounds, and the walls start to deteriorate. In the distance you can hear Pyramid Head dragging the giant knife across the floor. Maybe a room where the lights turn on and off, or noise...filled with nurses re-animating and becoming still, you have to walk through them.

Oh a girl can dream

• Like 2

I wonder if the deteriorating projections can be used in close quarters. You hear the siren, the music changes, sounds, and the walls start to deteriorate. In the distance you can hear Pyramid Head dragging the giant knife across the floor. Maybe a room where the lights turn on and off, or noise...filled with nurses re-animating and becoming still, you have to walk through them.

Oh a girl can dream

Damn Perse keep dreaming I like the sound of that. Maybe they should hire you on A&D lol. To be honest ive also wondered whether the projection system could be used in an enclosed space because to see the world changing around us would just be awesome. I'm really looking forward to this house and the possibilities....

Success of last year's The Thing house? What Horror Nights were YOU at? I hope that " :P " means you were joking...

I was referring to the THING creatures they used. Specifically the THING animatronics & costumes. So yea, I found last year's house to be very successful with what they created. And I experienced the house from EP night all the way to Halloween, so i have no problem giving it praise where it succeeded. I even had a few good scares some nights.

My point is, i have faith that they could do wonders with a RE house, just like they'll do wonders with the SH house. The success of SH as a house will open new doors for HHN, including creatively.

• Like 1

I was thinking maybe they could re-use the Feaster Bunny from H.R, Bloodengutz last year for Robbie the Rabbit but I think it wouldn't work with the picture above of Robbie due to the teeth on the Feaster Bunny head, but I think his scare might be similar to the Feaster Bunny just toned down.

I'm sure they can just get another mascot suit, but I've never played the game, so I don't know if his scare will be aggressive or kind of still then quick movement.

And if anyone missed the Feaster Bunny last year.

tumblr_lxdujbQqin1qmk2q5o1_12801-1024x682.jpg

I was thinking maybe they could re-use the Feaster Bunny from H.R, Bloodengutz last year for Robbie the Rabbit but I think it wouldn't work with the picture above of Robbie due to the teeth on the Feaster Bunny head, but I think his scare might be similar to the Feaster Bunny just toned down.

I'm sure they can just get another mascot suit, but I've never played the game, so I don't know if his scare will be aggressive or kind of still then quick movement.

And if anyone missed the Feaster Bunny last year.

tumblr_lxdujbQqin1qmk2q5o1_12801-1024x682.jpg

that thing scared the crap outta me

Oh a girl can dream

Sure they can use the projections inside a maze!

Check out this video from this year's Transworld convention using projection technology:

[media=]

Now imagine what they can do with Silent Hill :)

• Like 1

Yeah, a couple of you had already stated the couple amazing scenarios that Uni could pull off. Either a SH zone in proximity to the House entrance where its foggy and possibly using the snow machine as falling ash, and the transitional siren and decomposing effect. It would be even more intense if the initial house entrance was all ghost town looking for the first scene/ facade and then theres is a very intimate hallway/ room transition with full on badass effects and siren for the transition, and then wham!!! Baddy central lol. The possibilties are quite endless here, and depending on scene/ character/ technology utilization, everyone will be in for a treat.....whether or not you are familiar with the franchise. I just hope that there static prop choice is appropriate because many of these creatures require certain characteristics to get the correct feel. These games really struck a chord with me, and I approach going through this house with a little trepidation....Im a little spooked out right now. lol

Edited by Mr.Grim

I see where you're coming from Mr.Grim. Being a huge Silent Hill fan I would be heartbroken if the characters weren't on point. Especially since many of the characters have distinct looks/movements/attitudes. I have faith that A&D along with Konami will pull it off. I wouldn't be surprised if Uni contacted Patrick Tatopoulos (the creature effects guy who did the movie)

• Like 2

I am truly excited for this house! I just hope they stick closer to the videogames and

how they deliver the story (if any) and the atmosphere. I mean the movie was "Okay"

for what it was but I feel like it still fell short of truly bringing the world of Silent Hill

out in the open.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that I hope they capture the essence of Silent Hill

more than the movie did.

We need rust, chains, barbed wire, paint flaking, ash falling before you walk in the house

would be a nice introduction! And of course Pyramid Head, the nurses and Robbie!

... I wonder what other Silent Hill monsters could possibly be in there? I'm sure we'll

probably see some coal miners, although I would rather not see them in there.

I swear though, when I see Pyramid Head, I'm going to be flipping out like a little fan girl

in my mind! :)

As Some one who never saw the whole movie or played the games what's better and what should I watch or play before hhn to understand the house?

I would watch one of the numerous run through on silent Hill 3 (or play it)

The movie is decent but by watching/playing sh 3 it will prepare you for the house and the new movie (as long as the house is based off the new movie... based on SH3).

• Like 2