HHN 22 (2012) Audition Discussion

I'm auditioning on July 17th and I'm super excited! I was wondering what I need to bring besides my audition schedule papers?? Do I even need to bring anything at all?? lol

From what I heard you don't have to bring anything, they provide you with the stuff you need to fill out/and know

Active Back Up's can work more than 5 event nights, if so desired. I used to do ABU and I worked multiple nights.

Meant to say if they wanted to. I've been ABU the last three events and also worked multiple nights.

A word of warning to help all new HHN Applicants...

Whatever you do, DO NOT specify that you want to be ABU on your application. Just put your availability as it stands. Many seasoned scareactors who have already auditioned are under the impression that those who specify they want ABU are not even getting hired. The Universal staff chooses who is ABU, it is not a preference you can select for yourself.

Again...*Do Not Write That You Want To Be ABU on Your Application* It will NOT help you and can ONLY HURT you.

Best of Luck to You All!

Edited by BloodyBulldawg

I've worked the past two HHN events and this year requested to be ABU and was still cast. So not to say that it has any chance of helping you, but it doesn't guarantee a "no". Though they might be more lenient with veterans?

Break legs to all auditioning today!

Nothing, I had a family emergency that I had to go back home to deal with, and had to resign. I worked there for over two years beforehand.

Before I left, I made my intentions for auditioning known to my manager and asked her straight up if there would be a restriction and she said no.

I'm upset that she lied to me, but that's all. The condition is a minor one. (work at another job for a year).

Well I did not make the cut :( I feel like I’ve been rejected from a place I'd considered my home...does anyone here know how to become a line attendant for the houses?

Unfortunately, the ride and show personnel who work Halloween Horror Nights are actually full-time employees who work in other areas of the park (typically rides or retail). They are selected by the managers to work the event. Universal does not hire additional employees for those positions.

It happens. My brother, who is average height (5'8") and weight (150 lbs) and had full availability, didn't get cast. This was his 3rd year auditioning. Admittedly he has yet to make the earliest times of the open auditions, but still. It's sad because I know my brother would do an excellent job and put his whole effort into doing it right. I KNOW for a fact they probably hired several people who will quit by the second week or show no real effort or excitement for being a scare actor.