HHN 22 Discussion

I was so shocked at the crowds last night. I guess that was par for the course though. We were in once gates opened and went directly to HoH. Already 20 minute wait. On past Wednesdays this year, you could walk right in all those houses. I was all psyched to be able to hit multiple houses, multiple times...not.

C'est la vie.

If someone has a big house, preferably with a large yard, let's setup some pipe & drape and build our own haunted house. A tide-me-over until next year's HHN.

• Like 1

I was over in Kidzone for stay&scream last night... and i nearly crapped myself when i saw Michele's pic of the NY stay&scream area. Once I saw that, I knew last night was going to be bad. We really could've used an extra hour or two after the final B&T to do houses. (of course thurs-sat would've been nice too lol)

• Like 1

I was over in Kidzone for stay&scream last night... and i nearly crapped myself when i saw Michele's pic of the NY stay&scream area. Once I saw that, I knew last night was going to be bad. We really could've used an extra hour or two after the final B&T to do houses. (of course thurs-sat would've been nice too lol)

How did i miss you?

We are always in the stay and scream area by kidzone, but we are up near the gate that they let us out of. i will have a nightmare shirt next year, and will do the photowalk if that goes on next year.

I did wear goggles on my head so i could be identified. ah well.

I want to give a huge, whole-hearted thank you to EVERYONE who was so incredibly kind to me this year! YOU are the ones who made this event so amazing and special, and really brought my little fox friend to life. I wanted to meet and thank you all as myself, and wasn't told until after I left that some of you may have been waiting for me. I am so incredibly sorry if that is the case, if there is a HNN meetup anytime soon please invite me. I want to thank you all in person! Since my air-headed self didn't see you: thank you Dr. Jimmy, Adam, Justin, Sam, Kathy, Corey, and the countless others who went out of their way to make me feel so special. I hope I get to meet all of you as myself soon, and that you like me just as much. Thanks!

You spelled Connie wrong :)

• Like 1

Its funny how much i slept yesterday after HHN... i got home, ate, passed out... woke up briefly & then slept some more. This year wiped me out and I didnt even go as many nights as last year. Most likely due to having to deal with the crowds...

speaking of the crowds... awful awful awful. I never want to see another long line again... ever.. lol

(okay.. anytime soon)

• Like 1

Its funny how much i slept yesterday after HHN... i got home, ate, passed out... woke up briefly & then slept some more. This year wiped me out and I didnt even go as many nights as last year. Most likely due to having to deal with the crowds...

speaking of the crowds... awful awful awful. I never want to see another long line again... ever.. lol

(okay.. anytime soon)

I honestly feel glad it is over. in 7 years that I have been going to HHN this is the first time I feel that way. I never felt that way before I was always sad about the end of HHN. I would miss it. right now this week at least I feel a little bit relieved. It makes me sad to admit this, because of the crowds and because I Was not as excited to see the houses as years before. really this is the first year I felt this way, just glad is over right now. I enjoyed it a lot but I ended up skipping some days at the last week too.

• Like 1

I honestly feel glad it is over. in 7 years that I have been going to HHN this is the first time I feel that way. I never felt that way before I was always sad about the end of HHN. I would miss it. right now this week at least I feel a little bit relieved. It makes me sad to admit this, because of the crowds and because I Was not as excited to see the houses as years before. really this is the first year I felt this way, just glad is over right now. I enjoyed it a lot but I ended up skipping some days at the last week too.

I totally respect everyone's feelings on this. You can put me in the camp of those who are sad. Really sad. But overjoyed at the memory of the experience.

• Like 1

I totally respect everyone's feelings on this. You can put me in the camp of those who are sad. Really sad. But overjoyed at the memory of the experience.

every year I feel super sad, yeah, every year I get really sad for a few weeks, I did enjoy going this year but I feel like it drained me I guess this year at first I was disappointed, and then when I liked the houses then the crowds started to get annoying., I think that's why I don't feel as bad.

Edited by Mr. Black

I've got mixed feelings this year. In some years past I went every night, stayed until the last possible moment, and was gripped by a deep depression that lasted for the next month. This year I skipped some nights, and now that it's over, my feeling is more of a low-level melancholy.

With that said, even though I don't miss the event itself as sorely as in years past, I do indeed miss certain elements very deeply. When I was there for the Transformers announcement, I pined for Alice, Horrors, Gothic, perhaps even some Penn & Teller, and the streets teaming with trick-or-treaters, warriors, and chainsaws (and maybe a few Walkers). Those are some of the things I really, really, really miss when 4 o'clock rolls around each night and I feel like I should be getting ready to go somewhere. The scareactors totally made the event this year; it would have been mediocre had they not poured their hearts and souls into it, and the fans saw that and appreciate it.

• Like 3

I agree that the event was somewhat lacking, and the crowds. On the Facebook page I gave some advice which I shall repeat here.

(1) Put the Universal Superstar Parade on hiatus from mid-August to the beginning of November so the streets can be used for scarezones. That if the parade still continues next year.

(2) Add a third show.

(3) Bring the house count back to 8.

• Like 1