HHN 22 Discussion

- more alcohol being sold is not a bad thing. It is also where they make their money... the more people drink, the more food they eat.

- the lines get longer when they don't provide enough to compensate the guests (lack of an 8th house, lack of a ride that holds a lot of people, lack of shows etc)

- i don't appreciate the stereotype of drunks getting impatient. The sober guests & guests under the age of 21 get just as impatient, if not more so.

- the scareactors are in a dangerous environment when they get cast as scareactors. It comes with the job, they don't do it for the money.

you are absolutely right about all that but :lol: I know you like to drink but it no lie that drunks make a big mess sometimes lol. Of course not everyone that drinks is at fault but really I mean come on now. the worst behavior comes from both drunks and kids under 18. that is just a fact. (of course you are going to have sober people that beat up actors and break sets, but I don't think that happens as often as with drunk people, I seriously doubt that. I think it happens more often with drunks)

Edited by Mr. Black

I agree Wesker, well said. When I go, my group and myself drink. It actually helps the time in the long ass lines pass relatively quickly. If people who drink act like adults and are in control of their actions, it shouldn't be a problem. There will always be random issues with ppl who drink at an event this big, but there is also just as many issues with sober people.

but that's the problem, how can people act like adults when they are wasted?

I will never understand why people go to HHN to get wasted that makes no sense to me. HHN is not an ideal place to do that, like at all. When a person's ability to reason and use logic is affected by alcohol they also can react inappropriately in some cases specially in an event like HHN where you have people scaring you and loud noises, darkness etc.

That is not even taking into account how alcohol affects their coordination and reasoning skills.

Edited by Mr. Black
  • Like 1

that kind of sounds like more reasons for people to buy express passes. Like someone said it here before I don't remember who that the huge crowds and overselling of tickets only encourages people to just get more express passes.

However in the short term it may boost profits but in the long term it has the effect of putting people off. An element of audience satisfaction ensures repeat attendance and greater money spent.

• Like 2

However in the short term it may boost profits but in the long term it has the effect of putting people off. An element of audience satisfaction ensures repeat attendance and greater money spent.

maybe it is like you said, about having HHN all 7 days. I don't see that happening though, I can't picture HHN being open the whole week. Maybe they are going for the two parks deal like Pandry said,

I guess I fall into the camp of having a problem with the individuals instead of the alcohol. The vast majority of folks I know don't become abusive when drunk, and I have surely been known to enjoy a frosty beverage or dozen myself. I also recognize the financial implications for Uni of alcohol - not only the cost of the drinks, but the way that alcohol tends to loosen up the purse strings for everything else.

However, the safety of the actors, I agree, is of paramount importance. (Our own safety as well, of course, but they are most often the targets of abuse). I would be interested in hearing any of their viewpoints, since I think the situation may affect them most significantly.

yeah I have no problem with people drinking because it makes the event more fun to them, I understand that and sometimes those people having a good time makes me laugh because they are being funny and getting scared easily. So I see the appeal, but what I meant earlier is that most of the times I have seen chaos and problems in the houses or people breaking stuff it have been people that I could tell they were drunk, you could smell it on them. Like, personally I have had more bad experiences with people that are really drunk more than anyone else, more than kids even.

So while I understand drinking is fun and they have a good time, I also see that a lot of problems come from really drunk people, more than sober ones.

We actually trespassed an entire group of 4 or 5 foreign tourists on Friday night. They were running through Hollywood on our 8:45 set, shoving Beasts, and finally two of them hit Brian hard enough to knock him off his feet. I wasn't in the area a the time, but almost all of the Beasts nearby circled them and kept them from leaving while Robin ran to get backup. One of the guys slipped away, but the officer basically said "Either we take you downtown and put you in jail right now, or you go and get your friend back."

They got him back pretty fast.

• Like 1

Cody I saw that whole Inncident. I was pretty pissed.

We weren't as angry as we could have been. Brian wasn't hurt (he managed to land on his feet) and we made sure to coordinate and nab them. The skills that let us do team scares also let us stop assholes.

And that makes me happy Cody, there have been times in houses where I've helped security grab people, pointing them out and what not. (1 time this year that comes to mind, a group picked up the dolls in dead end from the playhouse scene, then threw them...and didn't get far past security when we left) I have no patience for things like this.

And that makes me happy Cody, there have been times in houses where I've helped security grab people, pointing them out and what not. (1 time this year that comes to mind, a group picked up the dolls in dead end from the playhouse scene, then threw them...and didn't get far past security when we left) I have no patience for things like this.

yeah I have no problem with people drinking because it makes the event more fun to them, I understand that and sometimes those people having a good time makes me laugh because they are being funny and getting scared easily. So I see the appeal, but what I meant earlier is that most of the times I have seen chaos and problems in the houses or people breaking stuff it have been people that I could tell they were drunk, you could smell it on them. Like, personally I have had more bad experiences with people that are really drunk more than anyone else, more than kids even.

So while I understand drinking is fun and they have a good time, I also see that a lot of problems come from really drunk people, more than sober ones.

Yea I mean we go and have quite a few drinks. I am such an aware person sober that I always see the scares coming. Alcohol helps me loosen up and I never see them coming lol. The problem lies with the idiots who can't control themselves and think they are funny acting a fool. i tend to see more problems with the young teenagers. Needless to say, there will always be problems with an event that allows in such a large amount of people. Some ppl just can't act respectful

Okay here... i'll pump some life into it...

After these past few weekends of extreme crowds & long lines... I'm practically begging that tomorrow night is SLOW & DEAD! Unfortunately, I have this uneasiness that it won't be...

oh and its going to be freakin cold!

• Like 1

So sad that the end is already here. Feels like preview just happened and now here we are, at the end.

Tomorrow will be fun - doing all the houses one last time, then lining up for that last Bill and Ted.

It would be lovely to get extended, but I severely doubt it unless there is some crazy crowds (again, doubtful).

Not gonna lie... i kinda want to hit AC 9 more times to have 50 run-throughs. And also attempt HoH a few times for 40 run-throughs

Hopefully the crowds will be dead enough for me to accomplish my maniacal goal :D

After the first B&T, im going to attempt that Power of 4 badge via express since i never got around to doing it.

This year is definitely not the best, but its been really fun thanks to the scareactors in certain houses/streets and friends i've hungout with. Ugh.. if only we could have HHN until November 3rd :lol:

• Like 2

Not gonna lie... i kinda want to hit AC 9 more times to have 50 run-throughs. And also attempt HoH a few times for 40 run-throughs

Hopefully the crowds will be dead enough for me to accomplish my maniacal goal :D

After the first B&T, im going to attempt that Power of 4 badge via express since i never got around to doing it.

This year is definitely not the best, but its been really fun thanks to the scareactors in certain houses/streets and friends i've hungout with. Ugh.. if only we could have HHN until November 3rd :lol:

how do you do AC so much? that is such a long walk... :o

its a long walk, but i take the inside path along IFF to avoid the crowds, pass under Animal Actors... try to do it at a jog to make up time. then if the queue is somewhat empty, i'll try to push myself to go faster through it as well. Its exhausting, but its not as bad as DE or Gothic's queue.

But yea.. i dont like this year's queues at all. TWD & P&T have the quickest walks from queue entrance to house entrance, but their lines get so long.

• Like 1

its a long walk, but i take the inside path along IFF to avoid the crowds, pass under Animal Actors... try to do it at a jog to make up time. then if the queue is somewhat empty, i'll try to push myself to go faster through it as well. Its exhausting, but its not as bad as DE or Gothic's queue.

But yea.. i dont like this year's queues at all. TWD & P&T have the quickest walks from queue entrance to house entrance, but their lines get so long.

yeah because when I read about the times you have gone to the house I cannot even go 4 times without my legs just hurting lol