HHN 22 Discussion

Parks sold out tonight. i think tonight might be worse than Thursday.

Universal's Halloween Horror Nights - Orlando (OFFICIAL)

Fans listen up: we are at capacity tonight for HHN22. Only those guests already holding tickets will be able to gain admission. If you were planning on coming tonight and do not have a ticket, please consider coming another night.

^see previous post... :P

So this weekend I finally got to spend a couple of nights at HNN. I have pretty mixed feelings about it. I miss them having proper scarezones, but with half the park torn up for construction, I guess I can't really fault them for that. I also had the misfortune of being at the park on Thursday night, which was just absurd. As far as the houses go...none of them were terrible, but there were only a couple excellent ones. I also suspect that the fact that there are only seven houses this year, as opposed to the eight which has been the standard for a while now, probably contributed quite a bit to the crowding and long lines. Anyways, my general impressions.

• Like 1

tomorrow's UCF night, which means the students there get cheaper tickets. I expect a little better than tonight, but not much better. 2 hours for SSs and TWD easy, with the other 3 around 90 probably.

Thanks! I got express but this is my first Sunday ever. I've only been on Friday and Saturday in the past. This year's crowds sound crazy.

tomorrow's UCF night, which means the students there get cheaper tickets. I expect a little better than tonight, but not much better. 2 hours for SSs and TWD easy, with the other 3 around 90 probably.

Just a heads up. House of Horrors has been hitting 100+ and us at P&T were at about 150+ by 9pm.

• Like 1

Last Wednesday was great. Hit TWD first at around 6:30p - zero wait time. After that we hung out for about 10-15 minutes watching the zombies - who were killing it (no pun intended). My girlfriend was getting scared just from watching others be scared!

After hanging there we went to HoH, zero wait time, too. Then zero waits for AC (which ended up like a lot of posts on AC I've read where this 2nd time through was 10x better than the first). Zero wait for P&T. So we hit 4 houses in slightly less than an hour.

Here's we're we then got greedy: I suggested we hit the sound stages thinking similar short lines. Though not bad, wait times were more. All were listed at 30. I timed DE which we went through and it was a solid 45 minutes. Also someone knocked the barrier fence down which goes along the whole back part of the queue preventing people from seeing cast and crews coming in. It was somewhat humorous to see people trying to problem solve how to set back up. It was like 50 yards of fence.

That DE line moved well and really the majority of the wait time was in the back/final part of the queue where you go up and back, up and back. When we were walking through the line, I saw Gothic at a stand still. I estimated that line was over an hour wait by then (even though it read 30 min.)

Had we stayed over by the HoH/AC houses, we could've gone through all of those multiple times. I think this Wed., we'll do this in reverse order so we knock out the sound stages first thing.

In summary: Wednesday was our best night of the season thus far.

• Like 1

Are these ridiculous wait times caused by the loss of SS44 and one house? without reducing capacity accordingly?

The loss of SS44 has no affect on the waittimes.. that was just the original location for our 7th house.

Yes, the lack of an 8th house does drastically affect the lines of the other 7 houses.

The loss of THE JAWS RIDE also heavily affects the lines as well because it was a people eater (pun totally intended).

The lack of a 3rd show also affects waittimes.

The lack of scarezones also affects waittimes.

No. They are mainly because of the popularity of silent hill Twd and you could even say penn and teller.

^this isnt entirely true. We've had BIGGER IP's in the past and the lines weren't as bad as they've been. The loss of one house & many other factors is what is causing the high waittimes.

No. They are mainly because of the popularity of silent hill Twd and you could even say penn and teller.

The loss of SS44 has no affect on the waittimes.. that was just the original location for our 7th house.

Yes, the lack of an 8th house does drastically affect the lines of the other 7 houses.

The loss of THE JAWS RIDE also heavily affects the lines as well because it was a people eater (pun totally intended).

The lack of a 3rd show also affects waittimes.

The lack of scarezones also affects waittimes.

^this isnt entirely true. We've had BIGGER IP's in the past and the lines weren't as bad as they've been. The loss of one house & many other factors is what is causing the high waittimes.

I think it might be both. yeah the loss of an 8th house and the loss of Jaws has affected the event.

but 2007 had "bigger" IP's, we only had 7 houses and didn't even had any scarezones and it was not this bad, we didn't have that many shows either. the lines were long but I don't remember the park being sold out in 2007. In fact the last Saturday I was allowed in the park with my FFP. I'm sure the construction is complicating things but this year is really not that different than 07 but the lines are kinda worst.

Jaws has never been that much of a people eater either. the lines were never long for Jaws, I remember doing Jaws with little to no lines sometimes.

Edited by Mr. Black

So there are past icons roaming around in the street tonight? I'm hearing it from three different people.

I read the same but it is just a rumor no?

until i see picture proof... i'm not believing it.

Also, if it is true, then UNI has gotten seriously desparate :lol:

Why would Universal even be this desperate?

Regardless of all the negativity among hardcore Internet HHN fans, the facts are that among the 99% of HHN guests who are the Great Unwashed General Public,,, this is the greatest HHN in years.

Yes Universal looks at surveys and such, but the bottom line will always be the bottom line. To corporate, the best indicator of success will be ticket sales - which are at the highest they have been in seven years.

Thank god I went last weekend!! I can't fathom Uni putting out the past Icons. This would make no sense and contradict everything we have heard from them the last 2-3 years. Granted I would love to see them again, at least the Caretaker. Anyone have any legit confirmation on this??

I have to extend a very special thanks to Voorhees. I did not expect to be able to return until Halloween; however, thanks to his help and assistance, I was able to put in a couple of hours last night/this morning that I did not otherwise anticipate being able to do. Many thanks, and even 2 hours at HHN is a treat!

How do you mend a broken heart? That's how! :)

You are more than welcome, Kathy! It is always a pleasure to see you and Uncle Fred at the event and I'll do anything to help you enjoy your HHN time. Isn't that what make the HNN community such an amazing thing? I hope you can pull a full night on Halloween for one final run. I also can tell you that the rest of my party, especially my dad and Stephanie really enjoyed spending time with you. I believe Stephanie's words were: "She is one cool lady!" :)

It was also great to spend time with Justin, and meet TsunamiFox and McLovin'. I really enjoy meeting HNN members at the event. Mark, thanks for taking time to talk to me by the lagoon. As I said to you on Friday night, thanks for creating, organizing, and maintaining this site. You have given us a great place to share our passion about HHN and meet new people who share that same passion!

I'll see you all on Halloween night! :jason:

• Like 2

so yea... those waittimes they're texting out are completely wrong lol

I don't think thats right. Last night I was there as a guest, and when my wife and I left at 8:15 (I had to be at a movie shoot for an independent short) there were a TON of people in the park...a TON still coming in...and a TON of cars at the gates coming in. From what I heard is that HHN sold out last night. They were turning people away if they didn't already have tickets. Out of the 5 years doing this I cannot recall that happening. I may be wrong but I don't remember that.

I mean we extended park hours on Thursday til 2am because of how busy it was. Gothic was at a near 2 hr wait ON A THURSDAY! So when they say its over 100 minutes, I'm gonna believe it.

• Like 1

Dude next time please press charges...please.

It's a big hassle, so I save it for especially heinous crimes. I don't feel like running around Orlando and going to court because some bitch shoved me and celebrated it, because I wouldn't press charges if she did it to me out on the street. I'd have probably slugged her in the jaw instead, which would be good enough of a punishment for me.

We've had at least one arrest, though. Ryan had a guy shoulder ram him, and as he turned to see who it was he saw the guy's fist flying at his nose. If you deliver an unprovoked punch, I am sending your ass to 33rd Street and I will be seeing you in court.

Edited by Cody
  • Like 3