HHN 22 Discussion

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but they've added a new "Screamtones" section to the Extras page.

i was kinda excited but then I heard them and, they are kinda lame lol. they are cool but some of the voices on them ruin it, like the street experience one,

I have yet to go to the event on a Friday or Saturday (besides opening weekend) this year, but it seems like the Sunday - Thursday crowds are now overtaking the "peak night" crowds in terms of numbers (at least from what I am hearing).

Having 120 minute wait times on a Sunday is proof in the pudding. Can anyone who has gone on a Friday or Saturday recently chime in with the average wait times? I'd be curious to see if the wait times on non-peak nights are more ridiculous than the peak night wait times (on average).

I'd wager to guess that they are, most likely due to the FFP and overall cheaper ticket prices for single night tickets on Sun-Thurs.

The past 3 fridays have apparently been slow... slow enough for those without express passes to actually stay until close, especially this past friday. Of course this has annoyed the crap out of me since i downgraded this year because i figured fridays would be slammed due to the IPs <_<

oh well.. ONLY 8 HOURS 28 MINUTES UNTIL MORE HHN!!! :D

• Like 1

I'd love a marauder's map to track the hordes this year...they do have set times but with giant flatbed trucks crossing hollywood all night it throws their times off (I did enjoy the sailor costume traditional trying to get the driver to honk the horn though). On a related note, I love the "salute" to the iniquitus the hordes do before or after their sets. So far I've seen the warriors get "inspected", the beasts kneeling, and the traditionals' shaker salute. Do any other hordes do this?

I believe all hordes now do this except the Walkers (as a traditional scarezone, they lack an Iniquitus). I think Benny -- the Warrior's SM -- was the first to bring up the idea and the Beasts and Warriors started trying it about two weeks ago. Along with looking cool, it makes it much easier to count everyone before leaving if they're all forced into a small area and made to be still.

And, of course, it attracts a crowd. For the Beasts, at least, we take advantage of this (thanks to our aggressiveness and lack of a formation) to get some gigantic scares by rushing through the crowd on our way back to home base. Tonight in NYC, we literally made an entire crowd of about two dozen people sprint straight out of the zone.

• Like 2

The past 3 fridays have apparently been slow... slow enough for those without express passes to actually stay until close, especially this past friday. Of course this has annoyed the crap out of me since i downgraded this year because i figured fridays would be slammed due to the IPs <_<

Pray that what youre saying is true! Im going next friday- YOU ARE WARNED! Next friday broward school (ft. lauderdale) has an early release thursday and no school friday. Watch out for everyone who hates teens going!

And, of course, it attracts a crowd. For the Beasts, at least, we take advantage of this (thanks to our aggressiveness and lack of a formation) to get some gigantic scares by rushing through the crowd on our way back to home base. Tonight in NYC, we literally made an entire crowd of about two dozen people sprint straight out of the zone.

Once again proving how amazing you guys are!

Was able to go two nights this past weekend, and I think this year was once again a really good event! Gothic and Dead End were easily the stars of the show, and the rest were solid in their supporting roles. Not one "bad" house among them. The new street experience was interesting, and I liked the added freedom given to the scareactors (who were very agressive all night in every Legion, great job by street actors this year), but I would like to see the set pieces return. The streets felt way too bare. I really enjoyed Bill and Ted as well, easily the funniest one I have seen in my three years of attending. I'll have a more detailed review up soon.

Also, HOLY CROWDS!

Edited by Coast
  • Like 1

Because of the extreme crowds tonight, they extended closing to 2:00 AM and made it optional for street performers to stay for the extra set. I declined, clocking out at 12:30 and checking out some of the other hordes before heading home. My foot hurt too much to do a full fast set. Hell, it was barely good enough to walk around and sit to watch the Traditionals.

Oh it was bad. Lines hit between 120-150 minutes and stayed that wa almost all night. :/ I'm heading back tonight an

Oh it was bad. Lines hit between 120-150 minutes and stayed that wa almost all night. :/ I'm heading back tonight and it sounds backwards but I'm predicting shorter lines tonight then yesterday.

Yeah it seems like the Sunday - Thursday night crowds have been insane this year (most likely due to the cheaper FFP option, and cheaper single night option in comparison to Friday and Saturday night prices).

Hoping to finally knock out my Order of Four and some 5 in 1's tonight (doing Stay & Scream obviously).

Was that you?!? Lol. I died. Then when I went through last, seeing a gargoyle run out and nearly make a cop piss himself was priceless.

Yea it was. Because of the event extension we were given the choice to stay or not. I know some people have their other jobs and couldn't stay. But I asked our "boss lady" if I could stay the full last hour, she only let me stay 45 minutes (15 minutes past our last set time) but I went into the Finale and was just having a complete blast in there. Didn't allow me to stay to the end so I missed the cop

Yeah Harry. I will see you tonight. Lol

Seventyone there was a few people who got punched yesterday an a friend of mine almost got her hair caught on fire. Not o mention the mace scene from a week ago exc.

wait a minute? how the hell does that happen? almost getting her hair caught on fire?

I don't doubt it, but how so?

To be honest, I don't really trust security or OPD to keep us safe. Many times I'll walk through a zone and find not a single officer of either color in the area, and several times I've found them all in a group chatting instead of patrolling or even paying attention to the street. I was punched last week, and I was very lucky that it occurred right next to two officers AND one of our coordinators stepped in to stop the group due to another girl with them molesting actors, which kept them from bolting before I could lead security over to have her trespassed. In at least one case, a Warrior began delivering the X sign with his arms to signal for backup and the security officers just ran around like chickens with their heads cut off instead of asking him what the problem was.

Not to mention that when I DO see them talking to people, it's often for completely benign things like accidentally hitting someone with a stuffed animal or dancing and waving a churro around (no lie, security actually stopped a woman from doing that). I don't trust them to be around when I'm in trouble, or to be paying attention when it happens.

• Like 2

You had my sympathies for a tough job before, but that's just insane. Honestly, I wish they'd do more than trespass--bring some of these punks up on battery charges, and hope the Orange County States Attorney and judges have the balls to throw the book at them. A few stories of "my friend punched a zombie and he went to jail for 6 months" would do a lot to help a year or two down the road.

• Like 1

To be honest, I don't really trust security or OPD to keep us safe. Many times I'll walk through a zone and find not a single officer of either color in the area, and several times I've found them all in a group chatting instead of patrolling or even paying attention to the street. I was punched last week, and I was very lucky that it occurred right next to two officers AND one of our coordinators stepped in to stop the group due to another girl with them molesting actors, which kept them from bolting before I could lead security over to have her trespassed. In at least one case, a Warrior began delivering the X sign with his arms to signal for backup and the security officers just ran around like chickens with their heads cut off instead of asking him what the problem was.

Not to mention that when I DO see them talking to people, it's often for completely benign things like accidentally hitting someone with a stuffed animal or dancing and waving a churro around (no lie, security actually stopped a woman from doing that). I don't trust them to be around when I'm in trouble, or to be paying attention when it happens.

I have seen some of this happen sometimes. I have seen some weird and shady behavior from some people at the park and not one security person around. I guess the park is too big. the problem sometimes is specially in the houses.