HHN 22 Discussion

I think he's implying that lower alcohol sales means that more people are sneaking liquor in....thus the need for more security to crack down on said folks....

This. "Security" (I use that term loosely) seems far more concerned with finding liquor and weed than searching for things that could actually do harm, like mace.

• Like 2

So last night while in NY I noticed that the big Mausoleum cemetery set piece that usually sits infront of Twister was NOT in the streets. I'm curious as to why it wasn't brought out or if they've just moved it elsewhere in the park.

Oh and last night was so busy that even around 10:30-11pm, the house waittimes were at 60mins. Thats pretty bad for a sunday night, even if it closed at 1am.

I know this is kind of off topic, but has anyone seen the new street actors or know if they're out or when they will be? My rush of fear is done, but i'm willing to buy a one-day ticket if they're adding more actors.

There is a random selection of costumed scareactors over near Despicable Me

There are "fast" zombies over near IFFF

As nice as it is to have scareactors added, it wasn't exactly too noticeable. the new zombies are more aggressive though, but there didnt seem to be very many.

According to TJ (at the Arcane Insights Tour we went on), they have added over 85 more actors for the streets since the first few weeks of the event. We originally went to the event the 2nd weekend it was open. Then we flew back down there for this past weekend, and we DEFINITELY noticed a difference. Buy the extra ticket and go. If I could justify flying down one more time, I would.. It was a BLAST

Can someone help me with the wait times? Im going at right at opening (waiting from 6- open gate maybe earlier/ have to see what the line for opening gate is) and my brother is coming from Gainesville to meet us. He cant come till i would say 7:30-8:30. I want to do thing where i can go no express then use express later on in the night. Usually i just go in a circle to the right, but I heard that it would good to go to walking dead first. Im thinking this is how i will do them (in order):

TWD Dead inside

Gothic

Silent hill (if i can)

Bill & ted

House of Horrors

Alice cooper

Penn and teller

TWD again

Gothic again (I heard this has most things you would miss if you go only once, is that true?)

Dead end

Silent hill

Also about the scare actors, where is the best place they tend to be? Also how late do they stay out? If anyone has a better idea for time setting, please help!

When we left at 1:00am on Saturday, the wait time for TWD was 120 minutes! If you really want to see that, I would definitely hit that first. I'd do Gothic and Dead End after that - I believe those are the best houses of the entire event, so if you can figure a way to hit them twice (once with Express, once without), you'll be glad you did. Yes, you might miss good stuff if you don't hit Gothic twice.

The scareactors are on the streets until close from what I saw. My favorite place to hang was on one of the benches on the street behind Mel's Diner (heading toward the exit). Forgive me for never getting the correct "area name", but I think you know where I mean.. We sat there for an hour Saturday night just watching various beasts/Iniquitus/Vampires - scare the crap out of everyone. It was great.

• Like 1

And as for ignorant people at the event, i hate the people that say it should be "18 years and older" or even 21, and sorry if one of you guys are, but i am 14. Ive been going since i was 11, and i respect the actors more than most adults. I mean most ignorant guests are drunk, which some are under age (VERY rare! great security on underage drinking!). As some people, when i see someone even just drunk that they are a little unstable, i get super paranoid. I start to only force my eyes on them to make sure they do not harm me or anybody else. In the first year i went, i ate at Mels at i believe it was 11:58? or 12:28 something where i was 2 minutes before closing time, and the cops had to take us out (not forcefully just as a clear out!) and there was this one girl stumbling everywhere. Then she tripped on a scarezone prop and started to hysterically cry. She was screaming how she lost her friend and all this nonsense. To this day, i can picture every drunk doing that at HHN. Also about the under age drinking, i know someone whose dad as a joke (like 4 or 5 years ago) handed him a drink or put it near his mouth and said "here drink it!" as a joke, meanwhile he wasn't even really tipsy, and the cops ran over and took his arm and held them up (i believe they put him on the wall) and he finally got to roam the park afterward, but they are very stricted on that! I love all the scare actors, as i even get scared to ask for a photo cause i dont want them to get out of character!

When we left at 1:00am on Saturday, the wait time for TWD was 120 minutes! If you really want to see that, I would definitely hit that first. I'd do Gothic and Dead End after that - I believe those are the best houses of the entire event, so if you can figure a way to hit them twice (once with Express, once without), you'll be glad you did. Yes, you might miss good stuff if you don't hit Gothic twice.

The scareactors are on the streets until close from what I saw. My favorite place to hang was on one of the benches on the street behind Mel's Diner (heading toward the exit). Forgive me for never getting the correct "area name", but I think you know where I mean.. We sat there for an hour Saturday night just watching various beasts/Iniquitus/Vampires - scare the crap out of everyone. It was great.

Thank you! I am most excited for dead end and twd. Does penn and teller usually have a long wait? Also if they are rumored to be in the house, do you know if they are there since the beginning? or specific time?

yea... the ratio of alcohol would be .5% while the rest of it is just a fruit juice pre-mix.. In otherwords... its crap compared to what it used to be. And this is coming from someone who has drank MANY of them. (yes... it has been the same drink for the past 6+ years & is also served during Mardi Gras)

if you want something similar & actually tastes good:

- Captain Morgan

- Malibu

- Muyers

- Orange Juice

- Pineapple juice

- Grenadine

- Monster

• Like 2

yeah I don't understand why people say they are going to HHN just for Walking dead or that they are walking dead fanatics, but they end up doing the house when the line is 1 hour or more.

I saw that on facebook a lot too, I don't really get it, when I do Walking dead at 6:30 or 7 PM the line is like 20 minutes, never more than that, I do that house 2 times when I get there early, I understand that a lot of people might not know where anything is, they might not be familiar with the layout of the park, but If i was a Walking dead fan I would be looking for that house first

• Like 1

Saw a lot of that last night.... What house is this?.... and which one was that? It was pretty sad, the maps and signage are all pretty easy to understand.

yeah I don't understand why people say they are going to HHN just for Walking dead or that they are walking dead fanatics, but they end up doing the house when the line is 1 hour or more.

I saw that on facebook a lot too, I don't really get it, when I do Walking dead at 6:30 or 7 PM the line is like 20 minutes, never more than that, I do that house 2 times when I get there early, I understand that a lot of people might not know where anything is, they might not be familiar with the layout of the park, but If i was a Walking dead fan I would be looking for that house first

Indeed, sign said 15 minutes last night at 6:30 and it was more like 10. It had little line for over an hour.

• Like 1

The general public are stupid... they can have a park map in there hand & they still don't even know what house they just went through.

funny thing you should say that, I was in Dead End Friday and these people behind me kept asking if this was the Walking Dead house, they asked the people behind them and they asked me if it was walking dead, they had no idea what house they were in,

but I never thought THAT many people would be complaining on facebook about the 1 hour waits for walking dead,

funny thing you should say that, I was in Dead End Friday and these people behind me kept asking if this was the Walking Dead house, they asked the people behind them and they asked me if it was walking dead, they had no idea what house they were in,

exact same thing happened to me in line for DE and HoH last Saturday. Are the maps and 10 directory signs THAT hard to read?

• Like 1

exact same thing happened to me in line for DE and HoH last Saturday. Are the maps and 10 directory signs THAT hard to read?

I came to the realization that people's brains just stop working when visiting any park in Central Florida (if it is like that outside of Florida parks as well, let me know).

• Like 3

I'd love a marauder's map to track the hordes this year...they do have set times but with giant flatbed trucks crossing hollywood all night it throws their times off (I did enjoy the sailor costume traditional trying to get the driver to honk the horn though). On a related note, I love the "salute" to the iniquitus the hordes do before or after their sets. So far I've seen the warriors get "inspected", the beasts kneeling, and the traditionals' shaker salute. Do any other hordes do this?

• Like 2

Ah, the Iniquitis.. my favorite group of the whole event.. they are just.. well, beautiful. I never get tired of watching the ones on stilts walk down the streets, capes flowing behind them, and that odd, gliding way they have of moving.. <shaking head.. sorry - I miss them already, and I can't get back down there to see them again)

As for wait times - I thought it was funny that TWD had such high wait times when Gothic and Dead End are supremely better houses. A few nights we were there, it was almost like the staff was trying to herd people toward P&T and Alice Cooper - the wait times were like 10 minutes for those. If you are going to plan your route, and especially if you don't have express.. hit TWD and Silent Hill before the wait times blow up.

• Like 1

Ok I did 4 nights in a row from the 4th to the 7th. GREAT EVENT! Loved all of it!

Houses were great with the exception of the AC house. Maybe its bc Ive never been into to him or his music. Its wasn't a a BAD house by any means but I just couldn't get into it. Only did that house once. I did have a fast pass again this year so I got to all the houses every night (sometimes twice a night). Totally worth it.

I also did the "Unmasking The Horror" Tour (I think thats what they called it right?) on the 7th. We went through Gothic, Dead End and Penn and Teller. Man was that epic! There is SO MUCH back story to houses that I feel Uni should get out to the public more. The back story to the Dead End house was so detailed. Like every single thing in that house was there for a reason. Very interesting shit!

But overall I thought it was a great event (sans rain)... cant wait to go next year. The count down begins!!!

• Like 2