HHN 22 Discussion

The program rewarding exemplary scareactors with special scare locations began tonight: at least some Warriors and Beasts entered stores, and I personally went past the Mel's windows, down south street, through Sting Alley, and into the arcade during our Hollywood set.

• Like 4

The program rewarding exemplary scareactors with special scare locations began tonight: at least some Warriors and Beasts entered stores, and I personally went past the Mel's windows, down south street, through Sting Alley, and into the arcade during our Hollywood set.

I was too wiped and had to leave before the street scareactors came out. I'm giving it another shot tonight, and this REALLY sounds awesome. I hope to encounter a lot of it and will look for my own advantages to make myself a target.

• Like 1

Can't wait to go back tonight only did dead end , gothic ,walking dead and Penn aNd teller, hopefully the rain stays away tonight so we can all actually enjoy the event. Not saying its not enjoyable if it rains but it was rather a lame night witg it raining for what seems like forever.

I would like to say F*#K YOU to people that hit scareactors!

Also while walking into the park I gave some people in NIghtmares shirts thumbs ups..so yea if you saw some random girl in all black with dark hair being a weirdo and giving you a thumbs up that was me :)

• Like 3

I went with a buddy of mine to the annual passholder area. Got soaked before even getting into the first house, lol. Stayed that way for five freaking hours. Still hit all the houses, but didn't see any scareactors in the streets until I was on my way out of the park (around 10 or so).

So far I'd rank the houses:

Dead End

Gothic

Walking Dead/Universal Monsters

Silent Hill

Penn & Teller

Alice Cooper

BTW I confirmed last night during our sets in hollywood and NY, there definately appears to be a cut-through from Mels to sting alley along the water's edge.

Yes, they re-opened the remains of South Street. Very few people took it when I Beasted my way through, but they definitely had it open. I think the closing on EP may have only been temporary, since I saw them just use an employee with a light rod waving people through Sting Alley instead of actual barriers.

I'm personally not very afraid of being attacked as a Beast. A number of people last night did attempt to scare the actors, but were either ignored or scared even worse (the sight of a 6'5 monster screaming in your face is usually quite intimidating even for those who know that it's just a college student in costume). Also, people literally cleared paths when they saw Beasts on the way. I know during EP that a lot of people had problems getting through the clusterfuck at the bars outside the SH queue, but when the Beasts showed up, everyone just stood to the side and let us through.

Edited by Cody
  • Like 1

I actually hit a scareactor by accident last night. I went to turn and point to show my group where to go. The guy came out of NOWHERE and I clipped him in the face. I felt so bad, but caught up to him to apologize.

However, I will say that Universal did a very cool thing for my sister last night. We were celebrating her birthday, which is actually today. She had a souvenir cup with a drink that she had just brought. Some REALLY intoxicated mofo was stumbling backwards and hit into her. Hard. Her cup went flying, she went flying, and the guy just turned around and shouted something inaudible holding up his giant Fosters can. Her cup had broke too. The staff made sure she was ok first, but then replaced her cup and drink for free. Even sang a little happy birthday to her, :P.

• Like 3

I actually hit a scareactor by accident last night. I went to turn and point to show my group where to go. The guy came out of NOWHERE and I clipped him in the face. I felt so bad, but caught up to him to apologize.

However, I will say that Universal did a very cool thing for my sister last night. We were celebrating her birthday, which is actually today. She had a souvenir cup with a drink that she had just brought. Some REALLY intoxicated mofo was stumbling backwards and hit into her. Hard. Her cup went flying, she went flying, and the guy just turned around and shouted something inaudible holding up his giant Fosters can. Her cup had broke too. The staff made sure she was ok first, but then replaced her cup and drink for free. Even sang a little happy birthday to her, :P.

On this topic- universal employees were amazing last night. From the AP entrance cast all the way to the food/merch vendors, and especially the rain-drenched line attendants. Not one sour face. All smiles and friendliness.

• Like 1

What you did last night has happened to me too. It was in the Saws N Steam sz and I was stopped waiting for a group member to take a picture. The guy came up behind me and I turned to see if we could continue walking and stepped right into him. We headbutted each other but I immediately apologized to him and asked if he was ok. He was of course and totally understood. It's the people who throw their hands up and hit them on purpose that need to be arrested.

I'm glad they did that for your sister. Sucks she had to go through it but at least Universal employees saw it and took care of her. Hopefully the rest of her birthday evening was a blast.

I actually liked the streets this year. It's different for sure, but I think what grabs me is that the scareactors have such a huge area to wander around. Last night we saw Prisoners in World Expo all the way from MIB queue to Krustyland. They blended in with the crowd and got a ton of good scares.

I don't like how the street sets completely blow ass this year, but I do like how they can really make use of a lot of space.

Haters gonna hate.

• Like 2

Oh, is there a special program where you guys get recognized for going above and beyond? I think this is great as it will inspire much creativity on the scareactors' part. I can personally attest that I saw the following between Friday and Saturday night at the event.

- a group of vampires walking through a store

- several beasts pounding on the windows of Mel's

- two prisoners ambush a group of girls as they exited the bathroom (literally right next to the exit)

- a group of various members of each hoard storming through Louie's tonight while we were eating dinner - it was nice and peacefull listening to Frank Sinatra and eating our pizza, when BAM!, two warriors came flying in from the street and (along with about ten other scareactors) marched around the restaurant screaming and yelling -- this was truly amazing: excellent job!!

The stage managers have gotten more and more liberal as time goes on regarding allowing people into previously forbidden locations, but yes, it is a reward for excellent performance. During our Hollywood set tonight I went through the pastry/sandwich shop and into the main Universal store, and in NYC I was suddenly waved into Starbucks and Ben & Jerry's as I passed by and scared a guy who was napping at a table.

I've also heard stories of vampires sitting on benches and pretending to be guests, and everyone is going onto sidewalks and through exterior cafe tables (especially Louie's, since Beasts pass it whenever they come on or off their set). They're taking a lot of risks this year with the streets, but as far as I know it's all paying off extremely well and there have been no accidents or incidents that would encourage management to cut back.

• Like 4

- a group of various members of each hoard storming through Louie's tonight while we were eating dinner - it was nice and peacefull listening to Frank Sinatra and eating our pizza, when BAM!, two warriors came flying in from the street and (along with about ten other scareactors) marched around the restaurant screaming and yelling -- this was truly amazing: excellent job!!

I was sitting outside of Louie's when that happened! I was laughing looking in on the faces of people as they stormed in there.