HHN 22 Discussion

I'm assuming everyone complaining about the park basically being turned into a complete circle, hate the year's at IOA right? And Shrek Alley was closed off as of last week, so this is not an HHN thing. And the Monster Cafe side has been blocked for some time.

These are from September 13th. Seems like they just stopped people from going to the walls.

A2tHhA3CMAAD8IF.jpg

A2tWyBgCAAEa5P_.jpg

For what it's worth, I think those walls were slightly different during EP - it was possible to get to the bathrooms at Mel's (re: the second picture). Been there, done that.

For what it's worth, I think those walls were slightly different during EP - it was possible to get to the bathrooms at Mel's (re: the second picture). Been there, done that.

The point being, the street was closed off last week and wasn't a new idea for HHN. And it's not some maniacal scheme by Universal to mess with everyone's heads and make you walk.

• Like 1

I personally don't mind the walking. It's not that bad at all. At most it's a minor inconvenience. If you have a problem walking that distance maybe you shouldn't be going to the event anyway. The distance isn't bad at all. It's the shortcuts that have been taken away that are the INCONVENIENCE. Not that big of a deal. Do everyone a favor and just stay away from the event if it's too much walking, it'll help with crowd control ;)

• Like 1

Just a couple of months ago there were rumors of like 5 houses and no scare zones at all because of the parade....but that all worked itself out for the most part (short a house, and kinda short all but 1 SZ - or have bigger scarezones - depending on your opinion of the hordes).

Now we're freaking out about the lack of a few shortcuts in the park...caused by construction we've ALL known about for months? Really? Having to walk where the Scareactors are roaming is a horrible thing that somehow negatively impacts the event for you?

I know Al Gore invented the Internet so people could anonymously bitch about everything and 40-year old men could pretend to be hot 18-year old chicks, but out of all the problems to come out of EP night, I would think the fact that you have to walk an extra quarter of a mile in 6 hours is more than a little nit picky and ridiculous.

ALMOST as ridiculous as complaining about HAVING THE OPTION to duck for about 20 seconds the entire night in a park full of rides that beat you up and throw you all over the place.

• Like 4

Yeah, see I don't mind the walking. It's just that now the path is longer. So you spend more time to get places. I like to get around quick.

I like getting around quickly but it isn't a big deal to walk a little faster to get to those places. Besides you have one less house to worry about hitting so that should save you some time. I'm honestly sick of hearing people complain about the walking. Before it was the house count or the sz's or whatever else people could find to complain about. Be happy that Universal puts on one of the best Halloween events in the world and stop nit picking every little detail. Now once you've been to the event you have every right to complain about things you don't like because you've seen it all. To complain before hand is just ridiculous but as Oysterhead00 said "Al Gore invented the Internet so people could anonymously bitch about everything" ;)

• Like 3

If the small amount of extra walking you'll do in a night is really that much of a deal breaker for you, you shouldn't be at HHN in the first place. If you attend the event from opening to close and try to get stuff done instead of just spending the night sitting at Louie's for hours chatting or texting, you WILL get a few miles of walking in. One of the Beasts had a pedometer during EP and estimated that we get 5 miles of walking every night, so all of the actors on the street are in the exact same boat as you (probably worse).

Basically, it's not that big of a deal as some people are making it out to be. If you can handle a regular HHN night, you can handle a night without cutting off maybe a quarter mile of walking.

So I just found out that those reeper like things are the iniquitous? Thought the iniquitious were those red faced monster we saw a while ago on facebook.

That's a Beast. And there are more Iniquitus designs than just the Grim Reaper type.

Edited by Cody

I wonder if it is going to rain all month long, I hope not, I really really hope not...

IT rained bad, really bad, then the whole night raining, I Guess the rain was a blessing in disguise because I was able to do almost everything, lines were like 5 min long, a raincoat really saves your life at HHN, I always bring one in my bag even if it doesn't rain

Edited by Mr. Black